• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

there are too many things to do

maxbergheim

Squire
now there are too many things to do, it takes too long even to do only minimal things. It seems to have become a job to take care of everything, and most things are boring. you have to eliminate things that are not fun. people are stressed by having to do so many boring things. in my world in Italy veterans continue to quit, it seems that it is becoming a forge of cemetery.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
What do you call the "minimal things" ? It is true that Inno keeps us busy but we don't need to take advantage of all they offer.
Choose what is more useful to your city, or what you enjoy doing more (ideally that would be the same activities...).
I think it is a better to have to make choices rather than having to follow only one path.
On the French server, I might what you called a veteran and I can't imagine quitting. I admit I have reduced the number of cities I had (mostly for diamonds) and that I will need to organize my game once the AD arrives on the live servers. This is part of the challenge too.

shad2389

Viceroy
@maxbergheim do like i do , only do the parts of game you feel like doing , i only aid and visit taverns when i need to cause of quest i want to do eather event quest or daily
point is don't asume others don't like the parts of game you don't like cause there are lots of ways to play FoE not all players use same strategys

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
who actually enjoys aiding or visiting taverns?

I do. With tavern visiting I've seen some interesting Avatars that I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise. And aiding my Friends list takes no more effort than collecting from my city, so I don't mind. And, when the neighborhood changes, I like looking at the cities of the top players from time to time.

DeletedUser8859

I ran multiple cities, now not active in all of them. I have decided to:
  • Settlements: I run settlements only on my main city.
  • Daily Challenges: Done only if rewards are really special / useful to me, and if requirements not take me away from my other priorities on the city.
  • Events: I push to complete events only at my top 2 cities, in other cities just a few quests and not an issue if not finishing the event on those or if ending in a low league. Also, sometimes I skip events completely, even at my top city.
  • Taverns: Sometimes visited only when a quest requires so. I have other means to be a great friend to keep on a Friends List.
  • Aid/Motivation/Polishing: Not daily to all Guild / Friends, maybe 4 or more times a week. I have other means to be a great friend to keep on a Friends List.

• While everyone is giving advice, I would like to ask a question-who actually enjoys aiding or visiting taverns? I enjoy the results, but doing it not so much ;). And please just answer my question and do not give me any advice
    • I do not enjoy aiding, too much boring / time consuming if expectative is aid all guild members, friends and selected neighbors who are allies or have cities of upper eras (due to my Dynamic Tower).
    • I do like you enjoy the results, specially when my Dynamic Tower gives back goods from upper Eras (Virtual Future and Space Age Mars).
    • Same for Taverns visiting.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Enjoy might be too strong, but I do like visiting my friends's taverns. I like the little scene of the avatar arriving at the table. I also like seeing new avatars and looking at the profiles.

Natalia1

Squire
Thank you to players who took the time and answered my question, much appreciated :).

I feel that with new features added to the game there should be an option to automate some of the older/less interesting features. Apparently some enjoy tavern visiting, but I would appreciate to be able to disable the animation so that tavern visiting went faster.

I do not know how many remember when in the very olden day we had to manually select a building to be either polished or motivated (i.e. there was no Aid feature). The Aid feature helped a lot with that, but since it was introduced so much new stuff happened.

So I would appreciate it if some of the more "chore-like" activities got simplified or streamlined, at least for those of us who like it

DeletedUser7959

Are you actually replying to me
To you, yes. :)

You said it takes not more efforts than collecting the harvest, but I think you're wrong, besides manual gathering we can get everything at once via 5 diamonds button. It reduces the collection time drastically. With the aid button, there is only one option: 1 player = 1 action.

Emberguard

Emperor
now there are too many things to do, it takes too long even to do only minimal things. It seems to have become a job to take care of everything, and most things are boring. you have to eliminate things that are not fun. people are stressed by having to do so many boring things. in my world in Italy veterans continue to quit, it seems that it is becoming a forge of cemetery.
Define what you’re doing for the “minimal things”

If players don’t want to have these features the easiest way to get rid of them is by not touching the features they want removed. Treasure hunt was removed because it stopped being utilised by players

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
To you, yes. :)

You said it takes not more efforts than collecting the harvest, but I think you're wrong, besides manual gathering we can get everything at once via 5 diamonds button. It reduces the collection time drastically. With the aid button, there is only one option: 1 player = 1 action.

With respect, @nataliafelitsyn asked, "who actually enjoys aiding or visiting taverns?" My reply to her is about my preference, as I said "aiding my Friends list takes no more effort than collecting from my city", and has nothing to do with you or anyone else. So, no, I am not wrong. :) Besides, I have other things to use my diamonds on. ;)

Nessie

Baronet
Basically I agree with you @maxbergheim. There are many complaints and many suggestions how to change it. If only InnoGames would listen! However, InnoGames earns MONEY with our online-time = our life time. I'm strictly for reducing the FoE-online-time

Natalia1

Squire
Basically I agree with you @maxbergheim. There are many complaints and many suggestions how to change it. If only InnoGames would listen! However, InnoGames earns MONEY with our online-time = our life time. I'm strictly for reducing the FoE-online-time

Good businesses want to have longevity, and that longevity is normally achieved by listening to the customers and providing what the customers want. Thus Antiques Dealer, predominantly good feature :cool:.

And if the customers find other features to be too cumbersome and un-enjoyable, it is good business practice to eliminate or reduce them.

Well, yes, they're a business, not a charity.

Nothing to do with being a charity, and a lot to do with good business practices :).

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
good business practices

The trouble with that is the definition of "good business practices" can differ wildly from person to person.

And if the customers find other features to be too cumbersome and un-enjoyable, it is good business practice to eliminate or reduce them.

But the business also has to listen to the other customers who do enjoy those features. :)

Perhaps it would be best if Inno removed the events, the settlements, the tavern, and the daily challenges (leaving only the GE and GVG), so that we are free to build our cities and sack our neighborhoods, unencumbered by all of these other things to do, because a person can only do so much in a game. It's not fair that they make us choose. ;)

Last edited: