• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Summer Event returns for 2021

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Anyone else noticed this event is an exact copy paste from last summer events, not just the
mechanics but also the story? Only difference appears to be the buildings. Seems to me
the preform of what will follow. Just copy pastes of all previous events. Not really sure how
I feel about it through.
For the size of the summer event, I have an concern for the starting / new player base.
Big buildings usually mean big reward. However for the smaller and starting players, who
presumable joining the game around summer / after summer such big buildings are a bit
overwhelming and difficult to place. For the more advanced players with more space it's
more or less just valuation of if the building is worth it or not for them. End game players
are a bit more tricky through as their cities are often the most established and mostly
developed to fit their play style.
I think for designing event buildings in the future, for events in which typically an increased
new players base appears, a bit smaller sized (up to 4x5/5x4) which fits in to the balance
of building's size in the earlier ages and less demanding tasks in which new players can get
stuck would help to keep them.

Herr Voxner

Merchant
It appears I will be short of getting the prize fully completed, even after harvesting some doubloons from incidents and finishing the questline.

Could you change the amount of the doubloons awarded for finish quest 45 from 22 to 30 doubloons (8 more). I feel like that would complete the prize for me without buying diamonds and finding an average amount of doubloons through incidents (I have found 3).

Herr Voxner

Merchant
Anyone else noticed this event is an exact copy paste from last summer events, not just the
mechanics but also the story? Only difference appears to be the buildings. Seems to me
the preform of what will follow. Just copy pastes of all previous events. Not really sure how
I feel about it through.
For the size of the summer event, I have an concern for the starting / new player base.
Big buildings usually mean big reward. However for the smaller and starting players, who
presumable joining the game around summer / after summer such big buildings are a bit
overwhelming and difficult to place. For the more advanced players with more space it's
more or less just valuation of if the building is worth it or not for them. End game players
are a bit more tricky through as their cities are often the most established and mostly
developed to fit their play style.
I think for designing event buildings in the future, for events in which typically an increased
new players base appears, a bit smaller sized (up to 4x5/5x4) which fits in to the balance
of building's size in the earlier ages and less demanding tasks in which new players can get
stuck would help to keep them.

I agree, please have smaller sized event buildings. IMHO, smaller event buildings like the Colossus will seriously motivate people to invest and even spend diamonds because of the attractiveness of it's size. Crow's nest was 5X5 which I think is ok because it has diamond chances...I would like to see event building some variation of 5x5 or smaller.

almadies

Farmer
Hello. on my computer (chrome browser), there is a bug in "friends tavern" : the number does not update when I collect the coins.
is this a wrong setting on my computer?

Hello. on my computer (chrome browser), there is a bug in "friends tavern" : the number does not update when I collect the coins.
is this a wrong setting on my computer?
I think this is a glitch after one of the daily changelogs, I have to refresh my page to get it to update. You can submit the glitch here in the forums or by contacting support in game by right clicking.

Herr Voxner

Merchant
I do not believe it is right to make the event hub award prize be mandatory to be able to get the full completed event building without diamonds. It should really be icing on the cake, and motivate players to invest more and possibly to get two complete event buildings. I also liked the idea because it could also be a game/life balance for players who had life priorities and maybe missed a few days (or even a week on vacation), this allowed them to still hope to get the complete event building.

This is really frustrating for newer players who may had not been able to get the hub event prize. Also it is no longer a "prize" but a simply mandatory part of the game if you want to get a complete event building. :(

I'm confused at how people are falling short on the full event building. We have the final price coming up in a few hours for the last upgrade, the surprise box, two from the quests, people should have been able to get the remains from spinning the wheel? I didn't pay a diamond and I did get literally 5x 1 steps in a row on the map.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
It seems the summer event ship movement is sonetimes broken. I had two different bugs this morning:
- First time the compass showed II but ship did not move at all. I reloaded and the ship was moved one step.
- Second time the compass showed III but ship moved only one.
Next two tries worked fine again.

CrashBoom

Legend
BUG REPORT:
missing achievement level: 5 star

having already 4 star achievement don't give 5 star

why is this a bug?
because Spring Event gave the 5 star achievement for that event
so Summer Event should also give it

Herr Voxner

Merchant
I'm confused at how people are falling short on the full event building. We have the final price coming up in a few hours for the last upgrade, the surprise box, two from the quests, people should have been able to get the remains from spinning the wheel? I didn't pay a diamond and I did get literally 5x 1 steps in a row on the map.

I think if someone logged in everyday, completed all quests and did the same for the previous quest to get the prize box, it is possible to get a complete building. It just leaves little to no room for game/life balance. I would like to see people be able to miss a few days, have some poor luck, but still finish the questline and get a completed building.

The key statement is finishing the questline should = 1 complete event building IMHO.

Provolix

Farmer
I completed all the quests, logged in every single day and got a few (really few) dobloons from incidents, that I always collect. I have the kit from the surprise box and even with the last upgrade I still miss THREE upgrades to complete the building.
Even with my bad luck with compasses this seems a bit too little. Maybe the number of kits needed was miscalculated?

I think if someone logged in everyday, completed all quests and did the same for the previous quest to get the prize box, it is possible to get a complete building. It just leaves little to no room for game/life balance. I would like to see people be able to miss a few days, have some poor luck, but still finish the questline and get a completed building.

The key statement is finishing the questline should = 1 complete event building IMHO.
Since this not like wildlife event, you could essentially log in one day and do all the quests and should have enough to complete it. That's the mystery for me.

Goldilocks

Farmer
My conclusion: Apart from the quests, boring - very boring. But hey, it's summer, it's hot, so it's okay...ish.

For newbies this is frustrating. When you just started playing FOE and are in Bronze or perhaps Iron the quests are really, really hard. Especially when, at that time, you have no experience yet on how to play the game, how to battle, how to trade goods to negotiate. So you will probably get that 1 doublone to log in and maybe a couple more.

With my experience from playing half a year, I managed to get my Pirate's Hideout to level 3. But that is only, because I knew how to trade. do ring trades and had enough friends and guild mates, that helped and traded even very small amounts multiple times. How would a newbie even know to do that?

Perhaps it would be a nice idea, if some quests would be adapted more to newbies up to Iron Age.