• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Summer Event returns for 2021

HuscarlTW

Squire
Just confirmed that your reward is determined as soon as you begin to spin the wheel, not after you click stop.

While the wheel was spinning, but before I had pressed stop, someone took the gold prize on the wheel. But the event was recorded in the wheel's history as though it took place after my spin..

I have also recieved none dablooms from incidents, and still have that glitch where incidents don't give anything. Seem like I'm collecting less incident during this event than normal time....

BritishBoy

Marquis
Today got my 3rd doublon from incidents. 10 days left so I guess I'll get another 1-2. Without any doublons ratio compass/moves should be 1.77 or higher if you have box from previous event.

Pass Go

Squire
I have also recieved none dablooms from incidents, and still have that glitch where incidents don't give anything. Seem like I'm collecting less incident during this event than normal time....
I have noticed the lack of incidents in Beta too, since this event started . today's quest says to collect 3 incidents... ha ha ha .. yeah right

Thunderdome

Emperor
Not going to argue as I won enough upgrade (er, selection) kits to erect a second Governor's Villa onto my city. Now, I am just eyeing on the Pirate Ship upgrade kit (only one is needed for me) so I can get my INNER Pirate on. I probably will wait until the end of the event's time to try for that as I am down to 11 doubloons left.

Now, as to incidents giving out doubloons: I had gotten like 5 or 6 since I came a day late into the event from them. I don't know if I am extremely lucky (don't know why I am using both words in the same aspect as nothing, in the past, that Inno gives is considered of such) or something, but I had been clearing out incidents each day to make room for new ones that may pop up.

I wish they give out Sunken Treasure as I am in the market for such, but I will have to wait to see if it pops up in the Antiques Dealer to buy.

The wheel's prize is preset as soon as you push the spin/reset & spin button. So there is no chance at stopping the wheel on whichever prize you what to try for.

As soon as you hit spin/reset & spin, than hover your mouse over the prize at the bottom of the window. It will tell you what you won even before pressing the stop button.

Last edited:

Retired Guy

Marquis
Well, there goes all the fun..

The wheel's prize is preset as soon as you push the spin/reset & spin button. So there is no chance at stopping the wheel on whichever prize you what to try for.

As soon as you hit spin/reset & spin, than hover your mouse over the prize at the bottom of the window. It will tell you what you won even before pressing the stop button.

Goldilocks

Farmer
I've been playing FOE since about Christmas, reaching Industrial Age in my main town. Two days ago, I learned there is a beta section, where one can try things early, so here I am.
The Summer Event is okay, BUT....

How does a player from BA do the quest, where you have to fight a medium seize army or spend forge point in GB (6th or 7th quest)? To reach the point where I can contribute to GB, I need another 38 FP, which will take quite a while yet, since there is no way to earn them, you just have to wait.

I have no idea, how to win the battle against this medium seize army. Sure, I have the same armies available - but 8 against 11 is mighty hard. And I have already some experience with battles (not that I am any good at it). I will battle on and hopefully beat the foe (pun intended).

I was just wondering, how a real beginner would feel. Probably very frustrated, since it is so early in the event. Things like this will not encourage beginners to stay with the game.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I've been playing FOE since about Christmas, reaching Industrial Age in my main town. Two days ago, I learned there is a beta section, where one can try things early, so here I am.
The Summer Event is okay, BUT....

How does a player from BA do the quest, where you have to fight a medium seize army or spend forge point in GB (6th or 7th quest)? To reach the point where I can contribute to GB, I need another 38 FP, which will take quite a while yet, since there is no way to earn them, you just have to wait.

I have no idea, how to win the battle against this medium seize army. Sure, I have the same armies available - but 8 against 11 is mighty hard. And I have already some experience with battles (not that I am any good at it). I will battle on and hopefully beat the foe (pun intended).

I was just wondering, how a real beginner would feel. Probably very frustrated, since it is so early in the event. Things like this will not encourage beginners to stay with the game.
You can contribute to your GB (Oracle if given) to fulfill that requirement. However, you will have to wait to unlock it on the tech tree in order to do so. So unless you spend diamonds to get your beta city to where you can do the event, you might have to sit this one out and wait until the next event when you're able to get your city to Iron Age (PVP doesn't have to be unlocked) to really do anything, quest wise. Most people camp out in IA because they can churn out spear hunters at 20s each to fulfil the recruitment parts of quests or be able to use the blacksmiths for the current/previous age production quests.

Further on this event, boys and girls, I managed to get those pieces I needed to get a few buildings into the ground. I may have to spend some diamonds to get the extra upgrade pack for the current main prize since I sat out from the soccer event and didn't get the event surprise box as I figured out how many doubloons I will need to get what's on the wheel. I'm still sulking on the sunken treasure not being offered in this event, but I guess I will have to wait in future summer events if they will make a return.

Goldilocks

Farmer
So unless you spend diamonds to get your beta city to where you can do the event, you might have to sit this one out and wait until the next event when you're able to get your city to Iron Age

I know that and I don't really mind, I've been playing long enough to get hooked and be patient. I was just thinking about new players, who will get really discouraged and quit playing.