• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

The future era

DeletedUser2752

wow just noticed that:O
that rail gun thing is really powerful
drones could do with a new ability "ignores Power shot" lol:D
They have a +150 attack/defense bonus against them plus their 170 attack should let you be able to kill quite a few of them before they can even attack you. However, they are quite useless against most other units. Satellite spotters are dead if they're up against tanks (though their heat ability will really hurt the Rail guns since they can only attack every other turn), which was why I recommend to use Rail Guns against Rail Guns.

DeletedUser5097

i dont think so? rail gun doesn't say it ignores stealth like microwaves from TE.
Yes, but stealth is a defensive skill, or not? I don't know or stealth is a defensive or a
offensive skill, but I think if you hide for attacks, it's defensive. A power shot ignore defensive skills, inclusive
flying, if rail guns can attack drone(swarms) I think it that the rail guns can attack the stealth units. The skills
are defensive.;-) But that's what I think, but I don't know.

DeletedUser5994

The Rail Gun ignores defensive skill & terrain. They did attacked stealth tanks & drones. the rail gun crushed 90% boost stealth tanks in just two hits, whereas stealth tanks & rouges needed 5 hits to kill a rail gun. at present the rail guns are monster lol

Tanmay11

Regent
Yes, but stealth is a defensive skill, or not? I don't know or stealth is a defensive or a
offensive skill, but I think if you hide for attacks, it's defensive. A power shot ignore defensive skills, inclusive
flying, if rail guns can attack drone(swarms) I think it that the rail guns can attack the stealth units. The skills
are defensive.;-) But that's what I think, but I don't know.
yeah i didnt notice the power shot skill until byeordie posted it.

DeletedUser

I was working consecutive 12 hour night shifts when Future Era opened.

I have seen the GVG maps that Roscoe has posted links for. But, I have not found anything that indicates which Landing Zones were open at the start of the era.

Please post that information if you have it.

Thanks! And, thanks to all of the contributors for all of the good information!

DeletedUser5097

yeah i didnt notice the power shot skill until byeordie posted it.
Your not the only one. I was thinking it's not so powerfull, but I see now, it's a powerfull skill.

Do any one know or the rail gun can give more damage than 4 in one attack by a unit with
the skill reactive armor?

DeletedUser2752

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5097

Thank you Byeordie, I'am sorry I missed the information of you about the power shot.:p

DeletedUser

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...0-The-future-era&p=26408&viewfull=1#post26408
Fourth time I've mentioned to read the guide? I knew you guys were going to ask it, so I made sure to address it ;)
after trying it on my own: IT IS WRONG (or a bug)

that is why we asked so often: we wanted to know from someone who tried it :rolleyes:

because I made my first attack with Rail Gun against Hover Tank now
my Rail Gun: attack bonus +93% --> 309 normal attack + 200 against heavy --> 509 !!!!!
Hover Tank: defending bonus + 35% = 142
damage made: 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!

so Reactive Armour sure wasn't ignored
because with 509 against 142 that would much more than 4 damage points. GUARANTEED

so how is it to tell 4 times to read the guide and then it is wrong and you haven't even tried it on your own ?
maybe saying nothing would have given a more correct and satisfying answer:
because if nobody answers a few people try it instead of believing everything other tell them

Thank you Byeordie, I'am sorry I missed the information of you about the power shot.:p
yes thank you for giving people the misinformation 4 times instead of trying it once

DeletedUser2752

so how is it to tell 4 times to read the guide and then it is wrong and you haven't even tried it on your own ?
The 4 times wasn't referring to power shot on reactive armor :rolleyes: Most other things were from my own research, and I do correct the guides whenever someone states there is misinformation. I am not perfect :p
maybe saying nothing would have given a more correct and satisfying answer:
because if nobody answers a few people try it instead of believing everything other tell them
Yes, because no communication is better: we've heard that many times when Inno does that :rolleyes: I checked and was told that it should be ignoring reactive armor when I made that description, so now we know it is a bug. Maybe it wouldn't be reported if the people who test it thinks it's intended :rolleyes:

Also, maybe an update bugged how the Power Shot ability works... (have not checked that, just putting it out there).

Tanmay11

Regent
..so finally, what is meant by the term 'skill' exactly?
in the case of FoE...Defense or attack? bonuses of a unit, like stealth tank "hides on plains", Microwave gun "ignores stealth//hiding ability"
units with "reactive armour" skill/ability cannot take more than 4 damage...now ofcourse Rail gun has "power shot" skill which ignores reactive armour;)

DeletedUser

..now ofcourse Rail gun has "power shot" skill which ignores reactive armour;)
and you sure have tried it :rolleyes:
or do you only believe that because other wrote it :confused:

because my Rail Gun couldn't ignore Reactive Armour yesterday :mad:

Tanmay11

Regent

nah i don't have rail gun yet....just referring to whats written. but "reactive armor" is a defensive skill so the power shot should be doing more than 4 damage right? its same sort of bug when TE was released and Stealth tanks didn't have any stealth ability and they fixed it a few days later.

Last edited:

Tanmay11

Regent
Does anybody have the continent map with the provinces' rewards, or still not? Thanks!

ZOxKcaW.jpg

6vTUN9s.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser4256

in the case of FoE...Defense or attack? bonuses of a unit, like stealth tank "hides on plains", Microwave gun "ignores stealth//hiding ability"
units with "reactive armour" skill/ability cannot take more than 4 damage...now ofcourse Rail gun has "power shot" skill which ignores reactive armour;)

nah i don't have rail gun yet....just referring to whats written. but "reactive armor" is a defensive skill so the power shot should be doing more than 4 damage right? its same sort of bug when TE was released and Stealth tanks didn't have any stealth ability and they fixed it a few days later.

....so what's it to be then? what a mess! ;):confused:;):confused:;)

DeletedUser6933

Thanks a lot Tanmay11!
And do anyone have the quest from the beggining (or just the fisrt ones)? And can anyone help me about a skipable and the recurring ones?

DeletedUser

have you considered the railgun skill is working perfectly and your troops just don't have the strength to do more than 4 damage? :p