• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Forge Valentine's Sale

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7959

Your up for another hard call… get the special love tree or save diamonds for expansions
That tree hurts my feelings, it reminds me that I'm single and unloved this day. May I get a moral compensation?
P.S. Also, I have one from 2016 Valentine's event, it's not even an upgrade, just a second tree, for me and myself. To be honest, I think it would be great if possible to be able to send gifts to other players this day.

DeletedUser9537

On the plus side? I got 200% more diamonds on the regular US Server...

So instead of buying diamonds that have a 0.0073103448275862¢ per diamond bang for my buck, I was able to get (for the same price) diamonds at a 0.0024367816091954¢ per cost (over three times)...

Instead of something usefull (like mill upgrades, cherry garden selection kits, maharadja selection, any other event building upgrade kit), we gut laughable amount of FPs, a decoration (that no one uses), more or less usefull magnum opus and garden obelisk (so basically shrine of knowledge) for insane price. Great! Job well done. You did great job! I did not spend a single diamond here (although I was prepared to spent quite a few for something usefull - things I mentioned earlier) or on any other official world I am playing!

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I think it would be great if possible to be able to send gifts to other players this day.

+1

a decoration (that no one uses)

Which one is that?

Seriously...I've only been online for three--the love tree, the magnum opus, and the obelisk garden. All of which I'd love to have but am out of diamonds for. And the idea of buying diamonds on Beta makes me laugh. I know they need their money, but really...Beta...:p

Last edited:

DeletedUser7454

it is really a joke sale LOL -- not sure why Inno doesn't want to make money LOL -- it is like shooting themselves in the foot with this event

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
it is really a joke sale LOL -- not sure why Inno doesn't want to make money LOL -- it is like shooting themselves in the foot with this event

They'll (probably) make their money on the Live servers from players who missed the events the love tree, the magnum opus, and the obelisk garden were from. :D

DeletedUser7454

why anybody would like to buy them? They are weak buildings

DeletedUser7454

they should sell upgrades for tholos, cherry blossom, colossus and some other buildings that many might miss 1 or 2 BPs -- I bet they would have made more money

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
why anybody would like to buy them? They are weak buildings

Believe it or not, not everyone builds their cities entirely for function. Some players, like myself, appreciate beauty, and I find them attractive. Each to their own...everyone has a different style of play, which is why the designers make them. Otherwise, we would all be building our own little versions of Sparta. :p

Thunderdome

Emperor
I am just going to say it in the following sentences:

• First, your event is a sham. Three hours isn't enough (oh, did I say that we should have done better than "every six hours" on the bogus event that was the Carnival? I was merely talking about putting more time so people can get an opportunity and not miss out) for majority of us (on this side of the world being the USA).

• Second, your event did not have what's in store so we can see if we want to grab or forego an offer. No offer listing whatsoever. I don't like surprises.

• Third, thought your event starts at the moment someone logs in with a timer for the offer (unless I misread that announcement bit). This was not true when I logged in and was jumped into the second offer with about an hour left for some Tree of Loves at 200 diamonds each. I know I had lost mine when the fools at Inno deleted my account and city for being gone for so long, so I was glad to snag up the replacements. Again, there was no list of what's next. So, off to work I go... and cabling was good despite the crappy weather, flooding, and high velocity winds.

• Fourth, your offers come with a limited number. For the previous, I only got 3 trees and then poof, gone. What if I wanted more and got the diamonds to buy more as I do spend on here. Some people might not felt such are of use, but I am always up for some little feng shui. Guess I have to make it work with three trees now. I am happy, though because that's the same number I had lost when I was gone a long time.

So, I hear that someone mentioned there was 50FP to be bought. Ha, I get close to 100FP a day from my collections, and DC gives out 50FP (and never anything else) when I complete the challenge; yep, seems like the FP loves me to reward me more of such than the other stuff I would have wanted. Don't know what offer line that 50 FP was in, but I know the Tree of Loves were the 2nd offer that was given, and I don't even know what the other two offers had that I had missed since it pretty much was over when I came back home.

If Inno was going to do blow outs (or sales), I suggest once a day (yeah, 24 hours so everyone can get a chance) for how many days (as in the number of items being offered, so if there are six offers then six days should do it) an event is good for. Else, might as well call it the British (or European) Sale so we will all know.

DeletedUser7454

Believe it or not, not everyone builds their cities entirely for function. Some players, like myself, appreciate beauty, and I find them attractive. Each to their own...everyone has a different style of play, which is why the designers make them. Otherwise, we would all be building our own little versions of Sparta
Not sure why you assume that you know how I play my game -- maybe before you tell me about different style of play you should know how I play?
I do have towns that are purely to be build for aesthetic and not function and I do have the tree in them. BUT that doesn't change the fact that a 50FP, a tree of love, an obelisks and a magnum opus is not worth the diamonds even if it is a bout the beauty in a town. It is more conning players who do not know better into thinking that they are getting great prize. I am sorry -- it might have not been the intention but it is how it looks like. Inno knows very well what is the real value of their buildings is. Now if the would have offered a speaker corners or and aviary, those are buildings with much higher value and they are still pretty, no? And unique enough that people want to buy them.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Not sure why you assume that you know how I play my game -- maybe before you tell me about different style of play you should know how I play?

Not sure why you assume that I was making such an assumption, and I don't know why you're taking the statement "each to their own...everyone has a different style of play" so personally. Nowhere in my previous post did I say that your style of play (whatever it is) is wrong. So you don't believe that those items are worth the diamonds, and that's fine, that's your opinion. I have a different opinion, and that's fine too. I believe they are worth the diamonds, and as I stated previously, I didn't have the diamonds left for them, which should indicate that if I had had the diamonds that I would have bought those items. Now, why would that be? Is it because, as you might assume, I don't know any better and I'm being conned into thinking that I'm getting a great prize? Or that I don't care what their stats are, because I place a different value upon them?

You see? I don't have to know what your style of play is to know that it is different than mine, based on the statements that you have made regarding those items. You posted, "why anybody would like to buy them? They are weak buildings". They're weak buildings to you, and that's fine, but it seems that you are assuming that no-one playing this game would spend even a single coin to buy them, because you find their stats are below your standard. And that's quite an assumption. These items have come up for special limited sale before, because they sell. If they didn't they wouldn't be offered periodically. If I find an item attractive, it doesn't have to have any stats at all for me to want it in my city. That works for me, that's how I play, I don't expect anyone else to do the same. It is unlikely that I am the only one who does, given the number of players on all of the different servers, but I don't expect it. The fact that I would like to buy them (and clearly, @Thunderdome wanted to buy more than three Trees of Love) indicates that not everyone shares your belief that they are "weak buildings", or that they have no other value.

I'm sorry you took my reply to your question so personally, but it appeared to me that you were asking me why I wanted them, since I am an "anyone". ;) And these emoticons are here to better express the intent behind our text...I did include a ":p", in hopes of indicating the humor in my statement. My bad for assuming you would get that, and I apologize.

In regards to the Speaker's Corner and the Aviary...I agree that they are "pretty". I love my Aviary, and I'd be thrilled if I could get a second. I wouldn't be surprised if it were eventually offered as a limited special sale item. But as much as I would dearly love to have a Speaker's Corner, it is a tribute to Anwar Dalati, the lead Inno game designer who died in September of 2015, and I doubt that it would be offered up in another event, or as a limited special sale item. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect to ever see it as such.

DeletedUser

In regards to the Speaker's Corner and the Aviary...I agree that they are "pretty". I love my Aviary, and I'd be thrilled if I could get a second. I wouldn't be surprised if it were eventually offered as a limited special sale item. But as much as I would dearly love to have a Speaker's Corner, it is a tribute to Anwar Dalati, the lead Inno game designer who died in September of 2015, and I doubt that it would be offered up in another event, or as a limited special sale item. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect to ever see it as such.
Actually, Aviary was for sale some time ago and I bought one for 2k diamonds. Because that was only building that I missed from Baroque Set, due to the time I started playing the game. I doubt that Speaker's Corner would be offered as such sell item, as you do - but chess building could and as its has similar value, I would gladly buy it.

Pretty, not pretty - I think most of the times it doesn't matter. Maybe some players did spend their money to get "pretty" buildings, but their were in vast minority. Inno would make far more money if they offered something useful, not only "pretty"...

Last edited by a moderator:

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Actually, Aviary was for sale some time ago and I bought one for 2k diamonds.

D'OH! And I missed it. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to sock away some diamonds in case it comes around again and I'm on at the time. Thanks for that. :)

chess building could and as its has similar value, I would gladly buy it.

I only managed to complete that quest in a couple of Live cities, and I wouldn't mind being able to grab one for my Beta.

Pretty, not pretty - I think most of the times it doesn't matter. Maybe some players did spend their money to get "pretty" buildings, but their were in vast minority.

Regardless, the "vast minority" still spends money, and I assume (there I go again :p) that Inno wants it, too.

Inno would make far more money if they offered something useful, not only "pretty"...

Do you mean in these special limited sales, or in general?