• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Forge Valentine's Sale

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Regardless, the "vast minority" still spends money, and I assume (there I go again :p) that Inno wants it, too.

Why wanting to have less if you can easily have more? No sense, no business :p

Do you mean in these special limited sales, or in general?
These special sales. In general, I can gain something worthwhile (for me, of course) during normal playtime, not only via direct diamond purchase.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Why wanting to have less if you can easily have more? No sense, no business :p

Perhaps, perhaps. But more is not always better. :D

What it comes down to, really, is that you can not please everyone any of the time, you can only please some of the people some of the time, and know that you're going to please most of the people once in a while. That's better than the alternative.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8887

I'm sorry I wasted my time paying any attention to this joke of a non-event.

Of course there could be tens of thousands of players who think the purpose of the game is to spend $$ to have a cute city and I just haven't run into any of them.

DeletedUser

Perhaps, perhaps. But more is not always better. :D

What it comes down to, really, is that you can not please everyone any of the time, you can only please some of the people some of the time, and know that you're going to please most of the people once in a while. That's better than the alternative.
Making business is about making money, so it is always better to make more money. Making maybe 1% of players happy (and half of them do not spend money on diaxes) is not making money. Simple as that.

qaccy

Emperor
If these sales weren't successful, they wouldn't exist. Simple as that. Only Inno can see how much income is generated by various pay options within the game, and these things must work out pretty well for them since they appear fairly regularly.

That being said, it's also possible to obtain so many diamonds for free these days compared to the past that it's kind of a wonder how anyone could complain about something that could potentially cost nothing and is entirely optional.