• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: "The Boast" quest in BA [46140]

DeletedUser8794

Reproduction Steps:

1. Have "The Boast" quest in BA

Issue Description:
Requiring the conquering of a Fel Dranghyr's sector, the quest hint (the "?" square near the requirement) states that the conquer must be done with an army. The quest can be completed, however, by negotiating. Even after the negotiation, Grivus says "You did it - you won a battle against Sweom Hunusson. He will not boast that easily again!"

Maybe the hint could include that the quest can be completed by negotiation, or just ignore if the player acquires a sector without fighting, since there are other quests that introduces the negotiation dynamics.

Player: Lorenard
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: Fedora 27
Browser Version: Chromium 63
Viewport Size: 1920x985

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

DeletedUser

I don't think this is a bug.
What likely happened is the negotiated sector was the last sector in the province, so negotiating the sector caused you to gain ownership of the province. This quest has a fail safe completion condition that gaining ownership of the province will also complete the quest. So you completed the quest by gaining the province, not by negotiating a sector.

DeletedUser8794

I don't think this is a bug.
What likely happened is the negotiated sector was the last sector in the province, so negotiating the sector caused you to gain ownership of the province. This quest has a fail safe completion condition that gaining ownership of the province will also complete the quest. So you completed the quest by gaining the province, not by negotiating a sector.

It was the first and only sector. The province remained under Sweom Hunusson domain. The fail safe is defeating the sector by attack or negotiation, thus, the hint doesn't reflect the players options here; and, in fact, gives a reward for not following the quest requirements.

The Boast.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Regent
Thanks Lorenard, confirmed! We'll forward a request that the hint be changed to remove the bit about 'with an army'.

It's likely that at some stage in the past this quest was changed from one that did require you to fight, to one in which negotiation works also, but the hint was not changed.