• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Tenth Anniversary Event

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
I belive "Stage of ages" is too good for a single-level special building and very unbalanced. As a consequence of that the cities will be fully occupied by that building and will lose diversity. that building should have at least 5 levels ....
best regards
Ricardo
I was thinking it should have as many levels as eras, but can't be built beyond the era's one is in (with lvl 1 for SA, lvl 2 for BA, lvl 3 for IA, etc up to lvl 21 in SAJM) . Every odd lvl giving +1%att +1good, and every even lvl giving +1% def/1fp

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I belive "Stage of ages" is too good for a single-level special building and very unbalanced. As a consequence of that the cities will be fully occupied by that building and will lose diversity. that building should have at least 5 levels ....
best regards
Ricardo

It's not *that* good. It's cheap as you note - so you will see a number of cities with a bunch of them starting out. But the stages will eventually get replaced as they get better things. And already well developed cities might not bother with any.

It's also quite strongly dependent on age. It improves drastically from FE to SAV (1% per age vs 1% per 2 ages prior to it) - so in SAV it's semi-competitive boost-wise even if the other stats are crap; but back in industrial it's below pretty much all the good multipurpose multi-levels in attack boost efficiency as well as behind on other stats.

In SAJM:
- Winner's plaza Lv 2 is best as a pure-attack building (just pulled ahead of fall set with the most recent +1% in SAJM)
- Fall Set remains the best semi-balanced option (only a little behind winners' plaza in attack but also gives some defense, FP, goods)
- Eagle Reserve, Governor's Villa, Great Wheel, House of the Wolf, Pirate's Hideout provide similar attack efficiency - but also much better other bonuses making them overall much more efficient buildings
- there's other low-attack/non-attack grand prizes that also outrate it for a player who wants more than one thing

The danger of an "optimized all-stages city" is nonexistent :) But you might see a few of them for people looking to shortcut buy their way to an intermediate city.

It's not *that* good. It's cheap as you note - so you will see a number of cities with a bunch of them starting out. But the stages will eventually get replaced as they get better things. And already well developed cities might not bother with any.

It's also quite strongly dependent on age. It improves drastically from FE to SAV (1% per age vs 1% per 2 ages prior to it) - so in SAV it's semi-competitive boost-wise even if the other stats are crap; but back in industrial it's below pretty much all the good multipurpose multi-levels in attack boost efficiency as well as behind on other stats.

In SAJM:
- Winner's plaza Lv 2 is best as a pure-attack building (just pulled ahead of fall set with the most recent +1% in SAJM)
- Fall Set remains the best semi-balanced option (only a little behind winners' plaza in attack but also gives some defense, FP, goods)
- Eagle Reserve, Governor's Villa, Great Wheel, House of the Wolf, Pirate's Hideout provide similar attack efficiency - but also much better other bonuses making them overall much more efficient buildings
- there's other low-attack/non-attack grand prizes that also outrate it for a player who wants more than one thing

The danger of an "optimized all-stages city" is nonexistent :) But you might see a few of them for people looking to shortcut buy their way to an intermediate city.
yes that's true all that you said, but what about all the other event buildings? and none of that buildings you said is single-level building with 4/4 space aparently very easy to pick.... and what do you mean about intermediate and advance cities? i have 650 milion city with a 2000/1360 racio in the atacking army and i belive it can fit in my city easy 20 Stage of ages ....

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
yes that's true all that you said, but what about all the other event buildings? and none of that buildings you said is single-level building with 4/4 space aparently very easy to pick.... and what do you mean about intermediate and advance cities? i have 650 milion city with a 2000/1360 racio in the atacking army and i belive it can fit in my city easy 20 Stage of ages ....

And have it be an improvement? Maybe if you're replacing Carousels or something that you used to get that 2k attack. But a single-level building that's better than other past single level buildings is hardly a problem. And to get 20 of them will probably take quite some diamonds in an event with an underwhelming grand prize.

I won't get 20 right away. I said I could fit 20 in my city ....
This is just my poit of view why such a strong single level building with medium size isn´t as good idea as it may seem at first sight.
But if it's not changed, i'll start changing like everyone else my town...
best regards
Ricardo

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
with enough diamonds you get 20 no matter of the chances :p
Yeah I think that's intentionally. A bit of the; if you're using brute force and it doesn't work, it does mean you don't apply enough force yet.

Honestly I think if Inno really wanna boosts income from FoE they could sell event currency directly for real money, at an large discount compared to event currency from diamonds. Maybe something like 1,5-2x as much as you would've gotten if you would've spend the same on diamonds. It would encourage spending money over diamond farms.

Dessire

Regent
Today this event was announced in live servers.

No changes to the orery, no improvements in the stage of ages.

And king and queen still sucks.

Innogames, a 10th anniversary is not a thing that any online game can achieve, in fact, almost all online games don't or didn't have enough luck to reach that number and you have decided to give us as a special building a thing that doesn't even represent a 10th anniversary reward.

The Orery must be an amazing building, one that must make any new player who started to play FoE after the event or any player who missed the event say: "DAAAAAMN! I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THAT BUILDING! IT'S STATS ARE AMAZING!!". . . stats like 20Fps. , 30% of attack and defense for all military units, 100 goods of your age, of your previois age, of your age to your guild, of the previous age to your guild , 5% chance to get 25 diamonds and only one copy allowed in your city.

Those stats are at the level of a 10th anniversary event, but no, despite all the feedback here, you, Innogames, have decided to release the announcement of this event in live servers without any change.

I, as an end game player with a powerful city, don't even see any daily special which worth the space in my city. For now, I decided to get the orert and stage of ages to sell them in the ADealer becasue atleast I can use those coins in something better.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On the French forum a player asked if the units that we won were of the age of the board (which crosses all ages).
I answered him :
“It would have been too nice a gift from Innogames to offer us units of the age of the board.
There, the 10 years would have been memorable!!!"

Emberguard

Emperor
On the French forum a player asked if the units that we won were of the age of the board (which crosses all ages).
That hadn’t even occurred to me as a possible function to put into this. Did anyone suggest that during Beta testing? (Haven’t been paying that close attention to everything brought up)

If it were implemented, personally I would like it to work so completing an “age” on the board granted 1 Unit of that boards age. Either a Champion or a Random Unit.

Emberguard

Emperor
A Power Dragon in IA wouldn't be broken at all :p

Just imagine an all artillery combo with FE-SAJM artillery units, you'd be king of GBG!
Oh it'd be totally broken. That's why I'm thinking 1 Unit for completing a board to limit the total amount you can have would be better balanced rather than just swapping out all unit gains

Or even just adding 1 Unit to the Event Surprise Box would give you an Advanced Unit without giving unlimited Advanced Units.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Oh it'd be totally broken. That's why I'm thinking 1 Unit for completing a board to limit the total amount you can have would be better balanced rather than just swapping out all unit gains

Or even just adding 1 Unit to the Event Surprise Box would give you an Advanced Unit without giving unlimited Advanced Units.

But it doesn't take many to make a big difference. There are already strategies that revolve around the limited amount of advanced units available. Even 1 good space age unit in iron age would be way too much.

The idea of units 1 age above you could be reasonable as a rare special occasion - it wouldn't be particularly appealing to those players that already take advantage of advanced units in ages well suited to it. But it'd be nice for some of the higher ages maybe to have a taste - since from OF on you're done getting units ahead of you as it stands. And in lower ages they might be prized by those who (don't want to / don't know how to) put the work in to get advanced units multiple ages ahead.

But even 1 space age unit in iron age is a bridge too far.

Instead of shards for worthless stuff, too bad we couldn't have gotten 3-5% towards event Daily Specials. Useful almost all year long, and people would clamber to get them.

Astrid

Baronet
The main building is just bad... just compare it to the 2 year old Olympic Treasury:

30% defence for attacking army(Jupiter)
8 forge points
25 goods(easily changeable in 50 goods from previous era)
population and happiness

vs

27% defence for the attacking army(Jupiter)
10 forge points
10 goods from previous era(seriously ???)
some not so useful shards that take a while to complete
population but no happiness

That's our 10th anniversary building, same 5x4 and considerably worse stats than the first building that provided us with defence for attacking army.
Fiore Village had the same issues, a lot worse than Olympic Treasury, however they fixed it by adding those extra 9 forge points.

It's a shame, Inno should at least add some attack for attacking army(like the Mountain Reserve) if they don't want to buff the forge points / goods or add something special to it(like special goods starting with Arctic Future).