• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Idea Swap building option in QI using QI shards

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Reason
Limited with two goods and units building and guild member does not have any ways to rely on getting double progress in nodes because of this limited condition.
Details
QI started with players choice of two units and two goods building. Different nodes in QI map has different requirements, so to make guild player more engaging on different nodes themselves, bringing a new option to swap the building from QI settlement and a new building menu display to pick any one of the remaining building choice for a cost of QI shards 250 or 400.

How the swap will work?
To make the swap option getting enabled, first step player must select the building in the QI settlement area. Once selected, it gives sell or move option, there new option for swap will be introduced. When the player select swap option, it will open the building menu of type (goods or units) selected by the player. Here, two building which got selected by the player should be disabled and other buildings only available to swap. From these choices, players can pick one choice only for swap. Once it got selected, building present in QI settlement will be removed and new building will be added to the QI settlement building menu.

Things to note is, tried swap option on one building but new building does not have proper expansions space in settlement area means players mistake. Player has to take care of it.

Also, to make use of swap action on a building, building should be placed in the QI settlement area. Swap cannot be made from building menu choice used for construction.
Balance
It maintains balance.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse
Summary
Limiting two buildings is okay, but letting the players to play around with different type of building following the same maximum limit of two is kind of providing flexibility comes with the prices of spending precious QI shards.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not suggested
Engaging guild member to make use of different types of building to cover more progress in QI map nodes will definitely pull larger number of audiences to play frequently.

Spend lots of shards to swap a goods building in order to make progress on a goods node so to be able to earn a few shards. Reminds me of daily challenges that want a player to spend lots of coins in order to win a few coins. Doesn't make sense.

CrashBoom

Legend
isn't that part of the QI concept ?
players produce different things so not one or a few can have advantage (x2) everywhere

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Spend lots of shards to swap a goods building in order to make progress on a goods node so to be able to earn a few shards. Reminds me of daily challenges that want a player to spend lots of coins in order to win a few coins. Doesn't make sense.
I don't understand, making progress is not worthy and making the comment like earning shards. Shards are rewards obtained from the player progress.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Guys, If this suggested idea gets implemented, as a player you will like this feature to use or hate this feature to use. Please vote on this basis.
I don't mind about getting idea rejected or getting negative votes.
But surely I can say that this idea will be a good one to implement in the QI feature even if large number of forum members hate it.

I don't understand, making progress is not worthy and making the comment like earning shards. Shards are rewards obtained from the player progress.
You suggested a cost of 250-400 shards to activate a building swap. This cost would be more than what the progress gained would produce in shard rewards.

Sl8yer

Regent
But surely I can say that this idea will be a good one to implement in the QI feature even if large number of forum members hate it.

Then why not save yourself the trouble and suggest it as feedback. Feedback gets forwarded to the devs who can decide if they want to do something with it or not. That way the opinion of forum members does not matter.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Then why not save yourself the trouble and suggest it as feedback. Feedback gets forwarded to the devs who can decide if they want to do something with it or not. That way the opinion of forum members does not matter.
Feedback thread for QI is finished, so suggested as new idea. Basically, you started to comment here with the word "easier" to illustrate DNSL, if it not the intention that would be a surprise. Anyways, voting based on how you guys react in the game with the given idea means much more useful.

nice2haveu

Baronet
+1 for this.

QI shards or diamonds, I would still wish this feature to enroll in QI. I felt much disappointed in QI, when I cannot do anything on some nodes until other guild player progress it.

I am playing in a guild where different time zone players are there, it will be very much useful. If this implemented, I can make the progress without waiting for them.

Please post this in discord. It will be an interesting addition to all FOE QI players.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The way I see it, is that if a player has the shards to spend, then let them spend those shards. It's no different than spending them for getting more QI actions, speeding up construction or production in their QI city, or even getting expansions within said QI city.

A player chooses two military and goods options. They desire to change those options so they spend the number of shards to make that change. If they are satisfied then they can keep going with the new choices. If they are not satisfied and want to make changes again, they will have to spend another number of shards so they can choose again (possibly at an increased cost the way I see it has been happening).

I had been smart with my spending of my shards. In the beginning I had used them to get expansions, where paying with goods should have sufficed in the later incursions. So, when it comes to this and if I desire the double progress (and no one else is on to finish the node I am on or a future one as it takes an hour to build said buildings), I may make the choice in doing so.

Last edited:

Sl8yer

Regent
Feedback thread for QI is finished, so suggested as new idea. Basically, you started to comment here with the word "easier" to illustrate DNSL, if it not the intention that would be a surprise. Anyways, voting based on how you guys react in the game with the given idea means much more useful.

Nothing is finished. There are two open threads for QI.