• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Suggestions for Messaging window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi47

Overlord
I have two suggestions to improve the funktionality of the Messaging window:

1.) The header of each message gives the names of the recipients of the message. Unfortunately - when the message goes to several people, i.e. to a number of friends or to the guildmates, etc., the names don't fit in the line and become truncated and there is no way to find out the names all people who will receive the message.

--> Suggestion: Please add a tooltip that shows the names of all recipients of the message when hovering the mouse pointer over the header.

2.) With GvG there are now LOTS of messages in the list (on zz1 I have 66 pages of messages). Sometimes - e.g. when I come back online after a working day and find several messages in the inbox - it happens that I miss one of this (and I am shure that I am not the only one...) - and the message goes unread and gets buried on page 5 or 6 or - with time - somewhere on page umpteen. And then I am wondering why the message button keeps blinking....

--> Suggestion: Please add a "goto first unread"-button which - nomen est omen - goes to and opens the first unread message when clicked.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
...And, being on the matter of the header, how about a "new" field there for the subject? Neat feature. Invented back in the old days for paper- and clay-based messaging media ;-)

DeletedUser

+1 on both, or all three suggestions anywho ;)

read/unread flags would help digging in the mess of msgs

EDIT: ... ahm , wait, either the game already had this in and I hadn't noticed, or the devs moved fast... the read/unread flag is there (now?) :p ... on the right hand side of the msgs there's an envelope (open/closed for red/unread)

Last edited by a moderator:
The envelope was there before. What Andi wished for is a button that automatically opens the first unread message (one with closed envelope icon) even if it was on page 64 of 120 message pages. Today, you have to browse the pages manually if many new messages arrive, worse, if you log in multiple times a day and never have the time to read all messages, just a few, so there will be, say, the first five read, the two unread, another six read, twenty unread, ten read, fourteen unread -- and looking at one page, say 24, you'll almost certainly forget if there was a segment of unread messages past that page.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
To prevent so many singular messages on the same subject I feel that an additionial field for "SUBJECT" is a VERY GOOD SUGGESTION!!
A filter for unread/read messages has my second to improve in-game messaging.

This being said as a player :)

DeletedUser

I've noticed that the 'envelope' will remain open even if there are new post into the thread... shouldn't it become closed when those new msgs get posted? (meaning, there are unread messages in this thread..)

NormaJeane

Viceroy
The envelope should indeed be closed when there are new messages, with the exception when you yourself wrote the last message in the thread.
Please post this in the bugs section if this remains an issue on your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.