• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] Sweep-start productions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artubar

Baronet
Idea: You can sweep-collect many productions at once; why not start new productions the same way?

Usage:
  1. Press & hold the appropriate key (1-4 for goods buildings, 1-6 for other productions, X to cancel)
  2. Click & drag with your mouse over the buildings you wish to start (or cancel) productions in.
    (Action will lock to the type of building you start dragging on, so if you press 2 for 8hr goods productions and start on a goods building, hitting a production building accidentially won't start 15min productions there.)
Cons: Only available in browser version (but the same goes for the hotkeys already existing).

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Artubar

Baronet
P.S.: You already can achieve something similar if you hold the hotkey and click on the productions / goods buildings. But simply sweeping over them without clicking would be even nicer.

DeletedUser7951

I know, your suggestion would fit the app version better than the browser version. The hotkey which is a nice feature need an alternative in the app.

Artubar

Baronet
... a possibility in the app would be a "Start" button similar to e.g. the "Build" menu, with further buttons for the different durations showing up (similar to "Sell" / "Move" / "Edit" of the build option).
But then... the average app user has no clue about 1-6 since he's never seen the tooltips of the browser production menus; and using real time values as captions would be a problem since the game can't know if you want to start goods or supplies, and most time options are only valid for one type of production...

Having this feature in the app would be nice for sure, but it would need quite some work and consideration.

Therefore my idea was only browser-based, since it's just a combination of two already existing mechanisms and therefore should be quite easy to implement.

DeletedUser8859

But then... the average app user has no clue about 1-6 since he's never seen the tooltips of the browser production menus;

Well, maybe I'm not the average app user since I played my first years using the PC browser, and still play using the browser now and then. But the "no clue" issue is easy solved with a help message like those that are displayed when starting the game.

Going back: "no clue about 1-6 "
In the app the player use a menu to select the production cycle to be use: 5 min, 15 min, 1 hr, 4 hr, 8 hr, and 1 day. Why no clue? Is not the same or equivalent menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.