• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] Settlements - Change goods indicator for advancements down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
At the moment it is like this:

e.g. the next advancement to unlock needs 20 Axes and the subsequent advancement needs 10 Axes.
If I have 15 Axes, the 20 Axes are correctly indicated as red (not enough), but the 10 axes of the next advancement are indicated white (enough), although there are not even enough axes to unlock the previous advancement.

In my eyes that gives wrong information and might confuse.

Suggestion:
Either A)
Do not give an indication for the goods of advancements down the line, only for the next one to unlock - make all numbers dark gray or black for example

Or B)
Give an indication for the goods needed for an advancement down the line that correctly give an information if there is enough of a good to also unlock all the previous still locked advancements.

EDIT: Added a poll...

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor
The data is currently correctly displayed. It's showing based on current stock not future needs.

To change it to greyed out would be utterly pointless.

You say "it might confuse", but how? This is the exact same system as the entire games tech tree. If players have not been confused for the past 5+ years on the tech tree looking ahead, then it's illogical for them to suddenly be confused on the cultural tech tree for this aspect. Especially as they'd already be just about to enter EMA age once they get to settlements

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
To change it to greyed out would be utterly pointless.

why? it would give no indication instead of false/incomplete information/indication - so it would be an improvement over the current status

In case you did not read correctly... only the advancements after the active one to get researched should get a neutral color...

This is the exact same system as the entire games tech tree. If players have not been confused for the past 5+ years on the tech tree looking ahead, then it's illogical for them to suddenly be confused on the cultural tech tree for this aspect. Especially as they'd already be just about to enter EMA age once they get to settlements

You compare apples and oranges here...

- in the research tree you only ever get shown the goods needed for the one selected research and the goods needed barely overlap.
- the research is mainly about the FP required - that there are other requirements for some researches is secondary...
- I know that there are players that are doing the whole tech tree in one go - because they want to jump ages or whatever reason but these are the exception. not the norm (and I guess even these players would like that improvement - even though it is not quit suitable for the regular tech tree, because of its branching...)

- In the advancements you get all of the advancements and their requirements that almost always have a big overlap shown at the same time
- the advancements are all about the goods
- doing multiple of the advancements in bulk is a big part of the chosen strategy

PS: None of your points give a reason (besides "I like the current strange way of conveying information") why the suggestion should not be implemented

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

No change, Leave it as it is.

15 Axes are more than 10 Axes; current behavior at display should stay. The fact that the player can not unlock that level before unlocking a previous one (requiring 20 Axes) should not change the how the resources are displayed. Next layer to be unlocked has a big unlock button on it, layers that cant be unlocked yet (because they are not the next one to be unlocked) have a gray closed padlock. I think this is clear.

Player should notice that the levels must be unlocked in a sequence (level 2 must be unlocked before level 3), and each level requires a number of cultural goods (axes, mead, etc.) and an amount of diplomacy, and maybe other resources like copper coins.

Last edited by a moderator:

fimfim

Squire

You can unlock first advancement with diamonds. Then indication of next advancement is pretty correct.

Emberguard

Emperor
- in the research tree you only ever get shown the goods needed for the one selected research and the goods needed barely overlap.
This is completely false. Barely overlap? Convenience food is from modern era. What's it doing in Contemporary and Tomorrow if there's "barely overlap"? For that matter coins and supplies are just about every tech.

upload_2019-1-12_11-57-38.png

upload_2019-1-12_12-0-48.png

Now if I were to ask for what's needed to get there there's a lot of missing info. I'm at the end of EMA in one of my worlds. So if I didn't have anything from above EMA then it'd need all of this for the "needed to reach" to be remotely relevant:

upload_2019-1-12_12-16-40.png

Current system gives me the most relevant info I need. If I were to get a change to accumulating all future needs then it needs to be in a separate spot

Last edited:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It's different from the city because here the technologies are one after the other. There is no choice between two.

so it's easy to do:
number in white for A if the resources are sufficient for A, and red for the others;
number in white for A and B if the resources are sufficient for A and B, and red for the others;
It would be better without any inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.