• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Repeat recurring Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesgouo

Baronet
m9He3de.png

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

fimfim

Squire
-1 to original poster ("repeat this quest"option)
+1 to ianscottclark above ("do not show this quest again" option)

Because I usually do more different quests than the one and with OP's idea these quests will not be shown.

Nessie

Baronet
+1
Very good idea, vesgouo. Players are asking for that improvement since years, hopefully the devs will now consider it

Nessie

Baronet
there is no way to abuse @UBERhelp1 or at least none that I could imagine. It would free many players of 8 or more useless clicks :)

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well the abuse would mostly be amplifying already existing potential abuse. Quest-looping is incredibly profitable, but most of its use is deterred by all those abort clicks.

Currently it's possible to make a continuous 240 FP an hour in iron age with a level 40 chateau for instance. An hour of nonstop clicking though (about 11 or 12 clicks a cycle). If you remove the aborts that goes down to 3 clicks a cycle. so say 900 FP an hour. The fact that you can do unlimited unbirthdays in the first place is the source of the abuse, but because of the amount of setup it takes to be able to pull it off combined with the actual effort involved even after the setup, it's not a huge concern. Most would rather use donating with their arcs for less time for similar levels of profit.

While you could try fix all the potentially abusive questing cases, there's more of them than you'd think; and it'd significantly impact people whose use of them would not be considered abusive at all. The abort effort is necessary to deter usage of the profitable questing system.

Nessie

Baronet
I do have a level 80 Chateau, there is nothing wrong with enjoying it. It is NOT ABUSING, weird and sort of sick idea!

Anyway, that got nothing to do with the post of Vesgouo. If you use recurring quests by clicking 8, 9, 10 or ONE TIME... the last one would be preferable :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I do have a level 80 Chateau, there is nothing wrong with enjoying it. It is NOT ABUSING, weird and sort of sick idea!

Anyway, that got nothing to do with the post of Vesgouo. If you use recurring quests by clicking 8, 9, 10 or ONE TIME... the last one would be preferable :)

But if they reduced the rewards of those quests to compensate for doing them 4 times as fast now, would it still be preferable? That's the thing with the ones you can do an unlimited amount - they're governed by time and effort, not something you do N times a day however long it takes.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
there is no way to abuse @UBERhelp1 or at least none that I could imagine. It would free many players of 8 or more useless clicks :)
Ok. So let's say nowadays you could complete 100 RQs a day. With this, you could boost that number 4-8 times. That means you are getting so many more rewards than before. That is abuse.

Nessie

Baronet
Ok. So let's say nowadays you could complete 100 RQs a day. With this, you could boost that number 4-8 times. That means you are getting so many more rewards than before. That is abuse.

Nonsense. I help my guildmates and friends daily by donating FPs, it is not unusual that I spend 20.000 FP or even more daily, means I have more than 100 recurring quests a day. How can this be abusive? Of course I get more rewards with CF on level 80 therefore I made the effort to level it... :rolleyes:

CrashBoom

Legend
Nonsense. I help my guildmates and friends daily by donating FPs, it is not unusual that I spend 20.000 FP or even more daily, means I have more than 100 recurring quests a day. How can this be abusive? Of course I get more rewards with CF on level 80 therefore I made the effort to level it... :rolleyes:
not anymore

if you do your RQ somebody else will jump in front of you because he can donate the needed FP at once

I quote from another thread
The amount selection in the Great Buildings donation tab is very BAD idea, I think.
First it will help the snipers.
Second it will make Château useless, becase noone will allow to put FP-s into the buildings in portions. See First point!

All who worked a lot to build big Château, will lose with this update.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Because that's not the only way to use it. Your quest completions are limited by how much FP you can dump - so it'd be fine if you could do them faster. Faster wouldn't mean more.

But the low age quester which has setup for infinite-unbirthday has *no limit* on the number of quests they can complete except as limited by the time it takes to do them. Hence if you make it a quarter of the time per quest by removing some aborts and associated animations, then they can do 4 times more.

DeletedUser9396

Still undecided. :) But it's not abusive at all, what a ridiculous attack that is. Not abusive at all to use one's CF in the game. I liken this idea to the recent change that the devs made by allowing users to specify in a field how many fps they want to add at once to a gb.

Was that change abusive? Because it reduces carpal tunnel among users? Because orthopedists and occupational therapists will get less business? Trolls on these forums are shameless and deserve to be abused themselves.

But I am still not convinced, sorry, that this change is as impressive as the one made vis a vis adding tens of thousands of fps to medal in a level-180 Arc. :) After all, how many recurring quests do you have to skip? 5? 8, maybe, depending on age and progress in that age?

Also, how would this affect bonus quests, etc -- when you say "repeat" -- when exactly? Would story quests and side quests, etc all supersede this setting? Or would players be shooting themselves in the foot by delaying needed quests? Or would they actually circumvent roadblock quests this way, and quests that remove a player's second or third recurring quest option?

And on that note, what happens to players with two, or more rarely three, simultaneous RQs?

I like seeing new ideas. Don't let damnable and completely useless trolls dissuade you from coming up with ideas. But this one has not convinced me yet.

Emberguard

Emperor
I would rather like to see a repeat checkmark and a limitation on the number of applications of the CF (like 80 daily or so, maybe even level dependent)
With a daily limit on the CF I could get behind a repeat quest mark no problem. Without a limit or re-balancing of rewards I'd find this option gives too much power to the CF.

Still undecided. :) But it's not abusive at all, what a ridiculous attack that is. Not abusive at all to use one's CF in the game.
I don't find using the CF abuse. What I find a problem is when something is too powerful for the environment it's being put in. If a building is able to single-handedly cover all you needs in a area where you've got multiple options then it devalues everything. Right now if I lvl my CF to lvl 80 I could get in 20 minutes what my entire city produces over a week (which would translate to just over 900k goods per year under current circumstances from the CF). If this button were implemented I could probably do the same output in 3 minutes. Which if I then kept the same routine would amount to 5.4mil goods per year from CF alone.

The repeat quest button is a brilliant idea. It's just once the lvl cap on GBs was lifted to being open ended it changes the balance drastically. Things that would be good ideas for a lvl 10 GB limit (or even if it had been raised but with a hard limit) either would be too powerful or need careful consideration of checks and balances

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.