• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion - Reduce Huge Defense Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7996

Hi.

With the objective of promote more neighbourhood battle activity... should it be possible (one of the two options or both options):
- Require road for watchfires and ritual flames. It should decrease the number of those buildings in cities.
- Decrease defense % of watchfires (to 2% for example) and ritual flames (4-5% for example).

In oceanic future sometimes I find neighbours with +600% defense bonus.

Thanks in advance

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser7996

you never plunder PLAYERS LIKE ME
I always collect in time

man I am playing so long neighbors other don't even attack me anymore (and I only have 0/21 defense and those 21 are from special event buildings)

"I always collect in time". I heard that before. In 5 years... no holidays? never spent a full weekend with girlfriend/boyfriend? great life, sure...

My defense bonus is 0/68 (event/military buildins), (If you boast, i'll do too).

DeletedUser7951

Since the AI is pretty dumb when it comes to def, I'd vote this suggestion no. Also as somebody else nicely pointed out, attack boosts gives a wider range of use, and in pvp the attacker if successfully (and he/she pretty much always is) has the advantage to plunder. Ofc we could say if the defender managed to wipe out the attack they could plunder the attacker, that would make things a bit more fun.:D If anyone did attack. :(

"I always collect in time". I heard that before. In 5 years... no holidays?
Once a day is all it requires, part of my morning routine. I haven't played for 5 years but don't see that as a problem. Even travelling it's not much of a problem as long as you have internet on your phone. But then I'm not my boyfriend's Siamese twin, that helps.

DeletedUser7996

Since the AI is pretty dumb when it comes to def, I'd vote this suggestion no. Also as somebody else nicely pointed out, attack boosts gives a wider range of use, and in pvp the attacker if successfully (and he/she pretty much always is) has the advantage to plunder. Ofc we could say if the defender managed to wipe out the attack they could plunder the attacker, that would make things a bit more fun.:D If anyone did attack. :(

Once a day is all it requires, part of my morning routine. I haven't played for 5 years but don't see that as a problem. Even travelling it's not much of a problem as long as you have internet on your phone. But then I'm not my boyfriend's Siamese twin, that helps.

My suggestion is in object of reduce difference between people playing for a long long time, and people playing for a shorter time. Descending a bit defense % in watchfires will allow almost everibody to attack almost everibody. If don't, newer players will get bored against old players (i think).

DeletedUser7959

How many players actually have 600%+? Defense buildings waste so much space and are useful (!) only instead attackers.
You just can't accept your low attack bonus (190/90 LOL)... Continue to increase your military GBs.
Really, with those 3 GBs you can in few months get ~220% of atk/def + you have rouges + you have Orangery + you have Kraken (that with some luck can really help you) + you have tavern + maybe you even have some of unique buildings which gives you atk%... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8168

Hi.

With the objective of promote more neighbourhood battle activity... should it be possible (one of the two options or both options):
- Require road for watchfires and ritual flames. It should decrease the number of those buildings in cities.
- Decrease defense % of watchfires (to 2% for example) and ritual flames (4-5% for example).

In oceanic future sometimes I find neighbours with +600% defense bonus.

Thanks in advance
I would be against this ...each person plays the game differently ...and various things have different importance to them ....I hate the plunder option for others and use the defense bonuses to stop that part of the game and that is what it was intended to do !

DeletedUser8518

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. The people with the insane defense bonuses are the ones that actually value defense in their city and want to make a message to other players that you are a formidable foe. It also requires more land to put all those defense buildings in so that is the compromise those players have to have.

DeletedUser

never spent a full weekend with girlfriend/boyfriend? great life, sure...
you need to win every battle in a computer game and can't let other have a defense that can' be beaten

great mindset, sure ...

grow up and accept the fact that in games the defender can win if he works hard enough (and getting 600% is work)

Once a day is all it requires, part of my morning routine.
and 5 diamonds :D

How many players actually have 600%+?
and how many of those hide behind a city shield after losing and getting plundered?

in my last neighborhood
answer to your question: one
answer to my question: one

because 600% can be beaten (to be safe I would suggest at least 800%)

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.