• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion - Reduce Huge Defense Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7996

Hi.

With the objective of promote more neighbourhood battle activity... should it be possible (one of the two options or both options):
- Require road for watchfires and ritual flames. It should decrease the number of those buildings in cities.
- Decrease defense % of watchfires (to 2% for example) and ritual flames (4-5% for example).

In oceanic future sometimes I find neighbours with +600% defense bonus.

Thanks in advance

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8489

Hi.

With the objective of promote more neighbourhood battle activity... should it be possible (one of the two options or both options):
- Require road for watchfires and ritual flames. It should decrease the number of those buildings in cities.
- Decrease defense % of watchfires (to 2% for example) and ritual flames (4-5% for example).
In oceanic future sometimes I find neighbours with +600% defense bonus. Thanks in advance

I've got an idea. Let's do a compromise: you do away with all Rogues and we'll cut back defense bonuses by 5%. Sounds perfectly fair to me!

But in reality .... :D :) :D You really can't be serious! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow! I'm still laughing!

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-10-17 - Some condescending remarks towards another forum user were removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

players who uses so much space for defending deserve such a high bonus

I find neighbours with +600% defense bonus.
that are 150 watchfires
he definitely deserves his bonus

I wouldn't do it and use that space for 30 SoK (+ roads and we are near the 150 space)
but players who do it deserves it

SoK are too powerful too,
lets decrease them to two daily collecting like Shrine of Inspiration (=0.5 FP per day)

how would you like that ?

Let's do a compromise: you do away with all Rogues
good idea
for me those 1+7 rogues fights are abusing / exploiting the buggy AI

DeletedUser7996

players who uses so much space for defending deserve such a high bonus

that are 150 watchfires
he definitely deserves his bonus

I wouldn't do it and use that space for 30 SoK (+ roads and we are near the 150 space)
but players who do it deserves it

SoK are too powerful too,
lets decrease them to two daily collecting like Shrine of Inspiration (=0.5 FP per day)

how would you like that ?

good idea
for me those 1+7 rogues fights are abusing / exploiting the buggy AI

1.- they deserve?. Just compare:
- To get a 4% attack bonus with a contemporary military building, I need 12 spaces + road.
- To get a 4% defense bonus, I just need 1 space.
- Just deserves people who defends?
2.- I don't see the relation between watchfires and SoKs. I'm talking about battles.
3.- I hate 1+7 rogues fights. The game now works in campaign map. So I think the problem can be fixed in neighbours battles (in GvG watchfires don't apply).

DeletedUser

compare:
600% = 150 spaces wasting on watchfires

or having something useful (for me watchfires are not because I can collect in time)
for example 30 SoK (I have almost 150 :D)

and not only the space:
they need to focus on those buildings. you don't get 150 watchfires accidentally
you must go for them and then you don't go other (for me more useful) things

- To get a 4% defense bonus, I just need 1 space.
and what do you get?
a boost IF someone attacks you and nothing else
(and how often it is used)

- To get a 4% attack bonus with a contemporary military building, I need 12 spaces + road.
actually you get 10% (in OF) on 3x3 (or are you too late and didn't get those special event buildings)

and what do you get ?
a boost for attacking neighbors
AND a boost for attacking in GvG
AND a boost for attacking in GE
AND MANY MANY ranking points because you are attacking

so how about getting the same points for attacking than for defending ?
(not same points for defending than for attacking. that would be something different)

and how often are the boosts used ?
the attackers boost is easily used 10 times more often than the defending boost. so logically the defenders boost could be 10 times higher.

and why do you need the 4% attacking boost in CE ?
I have 240%/200% without those military buildings :p
just 3 freakin' attacking GB :D and a few percentage from special event buildings

I never tried (why should I, it would only give ranking points and for many like me they are worthless) but I could sure defeat those 600%

in GvG watchfires don't apply.
why not ?
your attacking boosts are applied everywhere you attack

they should fix that and apply watchfires also everywhere

or how about new special 4% attack 1x1 buildings which only apply in neighbor hood fights
would that be fair to you ? 4% to neighbors fighting only ?
or would you then complain about that and suggest that those should applied in all battles ?

DeletedUser8489

Today I got "Violated" by a rogue attack for the very first time in months. An Iron Age 'Camper' with at least 12 GBs and 400K points ... 6 Rogues, 1 Drummer Boy, and a Legionnaire ... +135% attack and + 85% defense ...

You know what I had? A relatively new age (about 2 weeks) ... 2 of each of the standard units ... No + defense at all ... no control to even be able to enter the battle.

Yep, I am still laughing at your suggestion that I give up part of any defense I might be able to acquire. I'm serious: it is the funniest thing I've heard in months. I'll probably be still laughing tomorrow. :D Call us back when you get Inno to delete all the Rogues ....

(Dang! I've gotta quit laughing ... my facial muscles are starting to hurt!)

DeletedUser

+135 attack and + 85 defense ...
and even if you had the same values as defender the attacker is likely to win without losing one unit

to get sure that you win without losing a unit (opponent fighting not cowardly retreating) you really would need at least those 600%

so this idea is a joke
in a real competitive game if both sides have the same strength both sides would win in 50% (on the long run)
or does for example in chess always win the white player when both players are equally good ?

DeletedUser7996

compare:
600% = 150 spaces wasting on watchfires

or having something useful (for me watchfires are not because I can collect in time)
for example 30 SoK (I have almost 150 :D)

and not only the space:
they need to focus on those buildings. you don't get 150 watchfires accidentally
you must go for them and then you don't go other (for me more useful) things

and what do you get?
a boost IF someone attacks you and nothing else
(and how often it is used)

actually you get 10% (in OF) on 3x3 (or are you too late and didn't get those special event buildings)

and what do you get ?
a boost for attacking neighbors
AND a boost for attacking in GvG
AND a boost for attacking in GE
AND MANY MANY ranking points because you are attacking

so how about getting the same points for attacking than for defending ?
(not same points for defending than for attacking. that would be something different)

and how often are the boosts used ?
the attackers boost is easily used 10 times more often than the defending boost. so logically the defenders boost could be 10 times higher.

and why do you need the 4% attacking boost in CE ?
I have 240%/200% without those military buildings :p
just 3 freakin' attacking GB :D and a few percentage from special event buildings

I never tried (why should I, it would only give ranking points and for many like me they are worthless) but I could sure defeat those 600%

- I'm not interested in your particular case, but if insist... my attack is 195/90 (2 years playing this game) including military buildings.
- I have event attack buildings, but i just can have one checkmate square (not 150, like watchfires).
- I'm just talking about neighbour battles. And you insist in mix it with GE, GvG, etc.
- I just talk aboult reduce the defense bonus. I'm not talking about remove it. Can you see the difference?

DeletedUser

one final question before I am out here
have both sides the same chances to win if the have the same boosts ?

if your answer is no than this idea is ridiculous because you give the side who already can win 100 times easier another advantage

but i just can have one checkmate square
and a speakers corner
already makes 2

and soon a 3rd might come

- I'm just talking about neighbour battles. And you insist in mix it with GE, GvG, etc.
sure because you compare attack bonus with defenders bonus
so that must be mixed in

because attackers bonus isn't alone for attacking neighbors
but you still compare that only factor to watchfires

I just talk aboult reduce the defense bonus. I'm not talking about remove it. Can you see the difference?
do you see the difference in the difficulty of winning as attacker and defender ?

with same boosts both sides should win in 50%

but in this so freakin' unbalanced game the attacker ALWAYS wins in that situation

so can you tell me please:
when you attack neighbors with an equal defending boost to your attacking boost how often does the neighbor wins ?

DeletedUser7996

and even if you had the same values as defender the attacker is likely to win without losing one unit

to get sure that you win without losing a unit (opponent fighting not cowardly retreating) you really would need at least those 600%

so this idea is a joke
in a real competitive game if both sides have the same strength both sides would win in 50% (on the long run)
or does for example in chess always win the white player when both players are equally good ?

A joke? please, man...

- When you attack. If you loose units, these units are lost (if they were dependant units , you have to recruit)
- When you deffend, you don't loose killed units.

Who is joking with these child comparisons? please... be just a bit serious.

DeletedUser

- When you attack. If you loose units, these units are lost (if they were dependant units , you have to recruit)
- When you deffend, you don't loose killed units.
when you attack you win points
when you defend not

when you attack you can plunder
when you defend not

so this comparison is also a joke

so an attacker wins much if he wins
a defender doesn't win anything if he wins

DeletedUser

so can you answer following question please
when you attack neighbors with an equal defending boost to your attacking boost how often does the neighbor wins ?

in a balanced game the correct answer would be 50%

DeletedUser7996

so can you answer following question please

in a balanced game the correct answer would be 50%

You're right. But when the neighbours attack me the same occurs. And... the magic question... IS THIS A PROBLEM???? FOE is a... (surprise!!!) WAR GAME

DeletedUser

You're right. But when the neighbours attack me the same occurs. And... the magic question... IS THIS A PROBLEM???? FOE is a... (surprise!!!) WAR GAME
and if he attacks you and you have 600% he would fail like you

IS THIS A PROBLEM????
surprise!!!! even in WAR GAMES the defender must be able to reach the point where he can successfully defend in 100% of the attacks

and in FOE that is 600% (or maybe not I still think I could beat him. mostly depends on his defend GBs. if he has 120/600 or 0/600)

DeletedUser7996

and if he attacks you and you have 600% he would fail like you

IS THIS A PROBLEM????
surprise!!!! even in WAR GAMES the defender must be able to reach the point where he can successfully defend in 100% of the attacks

and in FOE that is 600% (or maybe not I still think I could beat him. mostly depends on his defend GBs. if he has 120/600 or 0/600)

Be sure in 2 years playing you can't get 150 watchfires. I'm talking about reducing the difference between people playing 5 years (with all GEs at level 70+) vs people playing 2 or less years (with almost all GEs at level 10).

And i'm sure you're the best FOE player in the world and you're able to beat 2.000% (or more) defenses (ironic mode: off)

DeletedUser

I'm talking about reducing the difference between people playing 5 years (with all GEs at level 70+) vs people playing 2 or less years
why ?

you should be happy that you can even reach the same age than players who are playing more than twice the time

in other games you could never ever reach the point to compete with those players

And i'm sure you're the best FOE player in the world
at least I am one of the longest playing players who is still playing (since April 2012)

and you're able to beat 2.000% (or more) defenses
I am not beating the people with 0%
because points are useless and I don't need to be so cruel and plunder things I already have too much from

(ironic mode: off)
I say what I mean

DeletedUser7996

why ?

you should be happy that you can even reach the same age than players who are playing more than twice the time

in other games you could never ever reach the point to compete with those players

at least I am one of the longest playing players who is still playing (since April 2012)

I am not beating the people with 0%
because points are useless and I don't need to be so cruel and plunder things I already have too much from

I say what I mean

But I enjoy beating (and plundering, of course) grandfathers like you. It's the funny part of this game ;-)

DeletedUser

But I enjoy beating (and plundering, of course) grandfathers like you. It's the funny part of this game ;-)
you never plunder PLAYERS LIKE ME
I always collect in time

man I am playing so long other neighbors don't even attack me anymore (and I only have 0/21 defense and those 21 are from special event buildings)

we "fight" elsewhere
in GB for the 150 FP win for doing place 1 in a level 50 Arc of somebody else :p

Status
Not open for further replies.