• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion: Progression worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
One of the best times I've had in this game in recent years is starting over on a new world. Things are new and different. There's a lot to be worked on and accomplished. And most importantly there isn't a bunch of level 80+ arcs floating around making that the only thing the game is about.

Trouble is, you never quite know just how long that new world feel is going to last until someone goes rushing off to FE and gets that first Arc. In the recent batch of new worlds that was released in anticipation of GBGs going live, I thought we'd hit a sane bunch of folks and there'd be some time to enjoy things. The top accounts seemed to be stopping in LMA for a while - which meant no Chateaus, Trazzes, or Arcs for a while. This means some time to enjoy without them, and to get ready for them. Day 4, and I'm not sure where it came from because the highest age in the top 20 is still colonial, there's an Arc in the sticks... Well I regret having invested time and diamonds into that world now. I guess I can be thankful it happened before Chateaus because I was seriously considering diamond-dropping that myself to get ready for the inevitable.

So this brings me to my suggestion: What if new worlds had a gated progression schedule? So people could relive the launch of various ages. Say at the beginning only up to Colonial map/tech was unlocked. And then every 2 weeks another age would be released. That'd guarantee a month without the PE buildings and about 3.5 months until Arc. It'd give a sense of predictability in whether a world was worth your time before it just becomes the same thing as any other world. Honestly I'd prefer a slower schedule than that but I can sympathize that it'd still need to be fast enough to encourage people to dump those diamonds.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Status
Not open for further replies.