• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] New Tavern Shop 'items'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artubar

Baronet
Tavern waitress
She'll run your tavern for one shift, so you can get some sleep. She'll collect the cash one time, keep a fair tip, an goes party afterwards.
  • once active, she'll collect the silver & empties the tavern once it's full
  • will vanish too when you collect manually [<> no permanent safety leash]
  • price (to be paid in advance) depends on your furniture, eg the 'value' of the most valuable 1/4 chairs (rounded up)
    [3 or 4 chairs: only last chair's price; 5..8 chairs: last two; 9..12: 3, 13..16: 4 chairs]
Tavern festival
Everybody hurries to get his jobs done early, to be there in time when the big party starts.
  • when activated, all timers of running productions in town get halved:
    Town Hall, Great Buildings, [technically] houses, goods & supplies productions, shrines, wishing wells, any kind of present & future [event] buildings giving some kind of reward at fixed intervals which I may have forgotten to list; victory towers & military buildings could be discussed about.
    Polishing timers of cultural buildings & decorations are not affected.
  • price: fairly high.
    It's not a buff meant for every day's use, but an option to compensate the daily collection time shift; the average player should be able to afford it every ~1-2 weeks.
    (Average player: Neither the lazy guy having still only 3 chairs after a month's play time, nor the 24/7 addicted having 140 hyperactive friends)
  • alternative suggestion: Instead of halving the timers, it would be an option to reduce them by a fixed amount of time (eg one hour or two; shorter [remaining] times result in an instantly finished production ready to collect); price for this buff should be drastically lower then, compared to the idea above

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser7649

Town Hall, Great Buildings, [technically] houses, goods & supplies productions, shrines, wishing wells, any kind of present & future [event] buildings giving some kind of reward at fixed intervals which I may have forgotten to list; victory towers & military buildings could be discussed about.
    It's not a buff meant for every day's use, but an option to compensate the daily collection time shift; the average player should be able to afford it every ~1-2 weeks.
How much would that be then? like 100k?

alternative suggestion: Instead of halving the timers, it would be an option to reduce them by a fixed amount of time (eg one hour or two; shorter [remaining] times result in an instantly finished production ready to collect); price for this buff should be drastically lower then, compared to the idea above
I like this idea, maybe 8hrs for 30k silver? Would be nice if I forget to collect before bed to be able to fix my mistake for the next day :p

DeletedUser

Tavern festival
Everybody hurries to get his jobs done early, to be there in time when the big party starts.
    (Average player: Neither the lazy guy having still only 3 chairs after a month's play time, nor the 24/7 addicted having 140 hyperactive friends)
  • alternative suggestion: Instead of halving the timers, it would be an option to reduce them by a fixed amount of time (eg one hour or two; shorter [remaining] times result in an instantly finished production ready to collect); price for this buff should be drastically lower then, compared to the idea above
awesome
some players produce more than 200 FP a day with their buildings

and those players are not the average players
if an average player can buy it every 1-2 weeks those can get it at least 2 times a week

2 times 50% of a day is like one more day each week: 8 times collecting it instead of 7 each week

I love that idea because I am one of those :D

but are you serious ?
you need 50% reduce of time to keep your daily collections in time ?
1%, 3%, 5% (all things have 3 options) would be a realistic reduce of time to keep things in track

Last edited by a moderator:

Artubar

Baronet
...but are you serious ?
you need 50% reduce of time to keep your daily collections in time ?
1%, 3%, 5% (all things have 3 options) would be a realistic reduce of time to keep things in track
Yes, I'm serious - therefore the high price (which would be still to be found; the average silver income of active players from the server logs could give a good starting point to find it)
Tavern income is still limited by the maxed out furniture & tablet and the 140 friends - not depending on your daily FP income.
But I see your point, and thought about it too. My conclusion was: The one earning 200 FPs a day will always earn more than the one with 30/day. So no change there. But the one with those 30 could catch up a bit by being active & have active friends.

And yes, over a time span of ~10 days, a 12 hrs drift is not uncommon; sadly enough, I have to arrange playing around regular daily activities.
But it doesn't have to be those 50% aka 12 hrs for a royal price, my alternative is small time units for a far lower price

1% is definitely too low (14.4 minutes in case of a 24hr production); that can make up for the time you need to collect & complete recurring quests, but it doesn't cover any shifts resulting from a life not built around a game. You know, sleeping over the one day, or waiting for 2 hours at the dentist, or coming home late due to a meeting with some business partners.

And well, my storytelling idea was a festival, that fits a 'long' delay and fairly high expenses quite good;
If you tend towards a bonus usable every 2nd day or so, it would be merely go party ^^

HuscarlTW

Squire
I would like a total refresh shop item. This would force all collections to complete instantly. Price: 100,000 silver.

DeletedUser7529

Duration boost is very needed, but well 50% duration reduction is waaay too much :)
I proposed some time ago a 5% / 10% / 15% boost for 2500 / 10000 / 25000 silver. That would be 1.2 hours per each level upto 3.6 hours.

Here are other boosts summary:
Tavern boosts summary:
Works good:
- Coin and supplies boost (very good for starting players, less usefull later)
- Enthusiasm - very situational. Its usually much easier to just ask on global chat to polish building. Its very expensive now, but if its too cheap people would sell culture buildings and just buy happines for silver.
- Attack and defense boost - seems most usefull boosts, although they should increase both attack and defense values (like great buildings do). Price is a bit too high.
- Construction boost - seems fine when you want rebuild city fast.

Need change:
- Extra turn
Currently only 15 min option is useful. Longer boost time is useless, as its better to activate 15m multiple times once attempts regenerate.
More expensive options should give more extra turns. 3 extra turns for 1 hour would encourage economic players to solve expedition as much as they can, spending medals. Medals would finally be useful for something.
Suggestion:
+1 turn for 15 mins - cost 1500 silver
+2 turns for 30 mins - cost 4000 silver
+3 turns for 1 hour - cost 10000 silver

- 1:5, 1:4, 1:3 merchants
I dont know anyone using NPC merchants. Exchange ratio 1:10 or 1:5 is preety much same and useless. 1:3 maybe someone will use if he badly need some good and cant find anyone with it on global chat.
I propose to change options to:
1:3 for 2000 silver, 1:2 for 6000 and finally 1:1 for 25000 silver.

- City shield - it would be fine if it would protect from plundering only, attacking should still be possible. After winning with shield active attacker gets information that city is under shield and plunder action behaves like already used up (so even when shield burns out plundering wont be possible).
This way people can still fight for points and city defense boost is still useful to give attackers bigger losses.

- Recruitment boost - it doesnt work on Alcatraz, making it very weak for current price.

Need to be added:
- Working time boost - lowers cycle duration by 5% / 10% / 15% in all buildings for jobs started in next 4h / 12h / 24h.
Costs 2500 / 10000 / 25000 silver
Works for great buildings and town hall too if collected while boost is active. It would allow players to fix collection time if they missed it on time, without need to waste whole day.

DeletedUser6705

Another thing I would like to see would be an "age-switch" for the guild GBs.

We have seen suggestions before to tweak the age of the goods the guild GBs are producing. So far this has always fallen on death ears, but perhaps the idea could be resuscitated, and tied to the tavern:

10,000 silver could allow you to change the age of one guild GB by 1 age, 18,000 by 2 ages, and 25,000 by 3 ages, but never above the player's age (so ideal for AF players to down-shift production until the next age comes out). The change should be permanent, i.e. it should take the same amounts of silver to restore a GB to current-age goods production.

DeletedUser

Seems like 90% of all suggestions for the game, is "make the game run on auto, so i dont have to be online so much, or make the game easier for the same kind of players in some way"
If these suggestions come into the game, it will just make more and more players spend lesser time in the game, and thats not a good thing for the game at all.

Sl8yer

Regent
Seems like 90% of all suggestions for the game, is "make the game run on auto, so i dont have to be online so much, or make the game easier for the same kind of players in some way"

Correct. You wonder why these people play the game.

Artubar

Baronet
...and thats not a good thing for the game at all.
As you've mentioned, it's a game. Not supposed to be a full time job. Most people already have that latter one.
My time in the game is limited by real life (don't know about yours...)
More an more features get added to the game, so it takes more and more time - it's a logical process that players want some relieve to compensate.
When playing takes up too much time, people might simply quit and spend no more time at all, and as you've correctly noticed:
thats not a good thing for the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.