• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest [Suggestion] GvG siege changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7529

It's not just that - for example in my main world, our rival guild have such fast computers that they can always replace def armies quicker than we can siege. Meaning that no matter how much we siege we cannot take their sectors, even if they have just 3-4 people on. Which kinda makes the whole exercise pointless, because they then gather in the middle of the night and take ours.

in that sort of scenario, what's the point bothering about GvG? Do something about quick sieging and quick replacing, and then people will start caring again

Should GvG be dependant on better net and faster computer? Should 1 man guild succesfully beat 5 fighters, only because of better hardware? I dont think so.
Here is my proposal:

1) Fix for who-click-faster:
Once siege is placed first time won battle counters starts with 0 for both sides. Every 10 won battles on attacker side attackers can add new siege army (cost goods, same as now). Every 10 won battles on defenders side 1 army replacement is allowed.
When siege is defeated sector becomes protected for 5 minutes - allowing for full replacement.
Third party siege beating doesnt add counter for defense. Instead once their counter hits 10 they can reserve their own siege army. Once current attacking guild siege is beaten and 5 mins timer pass their siege starts.

This change would make fights a bit longer - guild with more people fighting and higher army reserves would have advantage. And thats how it should be.

2) 3am take-overs by 1 man guilds:
For this there would be easy fix - all guilds can set their prime time for ie 12 hours. And only during that time their sectors can be attacked.

What do you think?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser7239

"guild with more people fighting and higher army reserves would have advantage"
This seem fair to you? :D
If anyone want to be in a aliançe of 3...6 people and have to fight 30 using your sugestion, they always lose :D
What they could do is to optimize the current code to be faster on older machines (do not think it can be done).

DeletedUser5429

Forge of empires uses alot of ActionScript, kanban, scrum mvc frameworks and so on, over flash and asking to be fast :D it will never be :D
I can reach about 15 ~29fps and no more :D
You absolutely have no clue what you are speaking about and are just throwing in some technical terms you have heard here or there, right?

I totally agree with the suggestion, this is a strategy game, not a 'who clicks faster' contest. If you want a who clicks faster contest go play an action game where spotty teens with reflexes of fighter pilots fight over who 'pwns' who.

It seems that it doesn't matter how good you are at building up in-game resources: if the opponents have as many fighters as you but 3-4 of them have a connection to the server that one millisecond faster you can never take a sector. This is a real problem as many people can't be bothered with GvG (and also FOE) as a result. So how can that be resolved?

-replacing def. Only one def can be replaced each time a siege is broken. But the def army can be prepared in advance.
--so if you come and see you are under siege, you can select 8 units and click 'place def', those units are then 'queued up' and will replace the weakest def army if/when the siege is broken.

-re-sieiging. After 16 sieges, if you have not taken a sector, you get a 60 second timeout for the opposition to repair all the defences. Tbh if you haven't managed to take a sector in 10 sieges, you probably don't deserve it.
--you cannot use that timeout to grant freedom to a sector

DeletedUser7239

You absolutely have no clue what you are speaking about and are just throwing in some technical terms you have heard here or there, right?

Sorry i do know what i am speaking, no further discussion regarding that matter. :)

DeletedUser5429

Sorry i do know what i am speaking, no further discussion regarding that matter. :)
I'm happy to hear that you won't say anything more, because mixing scrum and kanban with flash and action script just doesn't make any sense.

DeletedUser7964

Gioco da diversi anni sul sever italiano e so che molte gilde utilizzano l' autoclick per assediare, mettere difese ,liberare settori e farsi autoassedi....siamo stanchi di questi programmi che vanno contro il regolamento...gli assedi devono essere cambiati e la inno deve tutelare i giocatori. qui c'è poca serietà e la GVG è una presa in giro. gli hacher sono proibiti da tutti i giochi seri di strategia

Google Translate:
Game for several years on Italian sever and I know that many guilds are using the 'autoclick to besiege, put defenses, free areas and be autoassedi .... we are tired of these programs that go against the rules ... sieges must be changed and the hymn must protect players. Here there is little seriousness and GVG is a mockery. the hacher are prohibited by all serious games Strategy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.