• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected SUGGESTION: Goods fra GB reverts from next era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionhead

Baronet
When the next era will appear, and if everything is "by the book", our goods producing GB´s will grant us AF-goods.
I´m aware that not everyone will go though the current era and the next one without a single goods building, but I´m one of those who will. At least on my main. With all the new-ish event-buildings such as Palace, Ships, Mills, PoH´s, ToI´s, Vinter Spire´s and so on, and backed up by a TBG, I´m collecting 130+ goods a day on my main.
The Goods I will get from the next era on, will therefore be of absolutely no use anymore. At least this era (VF), I can use the FE-goods to support my guilds efforts in FE GvG.
I would like IG to consider reverting the goods producing GB´s back to give CA goods. Perhaps with a 50% increase. As an example, a ToB at lvl 6, will not give 22 AF goods in the next era, but 33 CA goods. Maybe not all the goods producing GB´s should revert, but perhaps half of them. And the rest will continue producing AF. At least then I´d feel the goods could come to some use. Perhaps even revitalizing some action on the GvG-colonial map.
Any thoughts on this from other players?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Lionhead

Baronet
lol so just coz u see it as a good thing, talk about making assumptions on other players behalf, the idea is bad, Inno will come up with a use for your goods, wait and see.

With an output of 194 AF goods from your goods GB´s on dk1, I´m quite curious to hear what you have planned with those AF-goods? Let´s say there´s approx. 4 months between era parts, you´d accumulate somewhere in the vicinty of 23K. Not enough to cover your use?

Lionhead

Baronet
after thinking about this idea it makes sense

but not giving CA goods
it should give LMA goods to increase LMA GvG activity

CA goods are produced in GB in CA and in modern era double amount
but LMA goods are only produced in LMA and no later era produce it in double amount
so it would nice if we could get LMA goods from GB next era

I would be ok with LMA. The main point was to have an output of something that could be put to some kind of use. It could be Iron Age for all I care, then TMA for the next era after the one following VF, and so on.

Lionhead

Baronet
Just one question for those who think this idea is any good:

InnoGames has made all goods usable in the 5-6 years of the games lifetime, do u really think they wount come up with a use for the goods we have now and will get in the next area´s ??

Edit: If they make this change to GB´s it would be the same as saying well guy´s and girls, this is end game, from now on we will just make new stuff that can be used in the age´s we alrdy have

They haven´t found a meaningful use for the AF/OF/VF goods in Guild Treasury as of yet. But I´d love to see it happen, so my original suggestion of course would be rendered invalid.
Though it has been revealed, there will be no new special goods like Prom and Ori, there will always be a small use for AF/OF goods to collect those for further research of new techs. But not nearly to the extent that it shouldn´t leave a rather huge bulk still sitting in inventory collecting dust.

As to what you mean IG would indirectly say with a change like this, I feel they already kind of said that with the introduction of the AA-map in GvG.

DeletedUser

With an output of 194 AF goods from your goods GB´s on dk1

Look at dk4 insted ;-) thats a little over 550 a day.

And what will i do with that?
Well i trust Inno will come up with a use for AF goods and later OF and VF, and hopefully by making a new GvG map.
There could (and should) be a use for special goods in the future as well, and then i´ll sell my goods to those who havent got what they need to keep their boats running.
If nothing comes up i´ll throw it in GT and get points out of them.

DeletedUser

As to what you mean IG would indirectly say with a change like this, I feel they already kind of said that with the introduction of the AA-map in GvG

By making the AA map they made a use for all the medals players couldnt use before, so that kinda states my point in a way.
And i know they said no more GvG maps at that point, but even if they had plans for more GvG at that point they most likely knew it wouldnt be in a year or two, so that statement would make sense insted of saying that new GvG would come (knowing it would be far of)

Lionhead

Baronet
Not sure if this true, but I've heard that GvG will get some changes next year. So maybe those problems with eras/goods will fall down since it's the only reason that might stop players to move ahead on the technology tree.

What I´ve heard so far is, that GvG through app version is on the table, perhaps even on the drawing board. But it would still need some kind of mechanics change as well, for goods from AF/OF/VF to be put to use.

DeletedUser7951

do u really think they wount come up with a use for the goods we have now and will get in the next area´s
So far they haven't really. I'm in Arctic on my main, friends from all ages. I'd struggle to trade down that much goods. The server just isn't that big, and newcomers are few and far between.

• I like the concept of the idea. If Inno can't come up with a better use of the newer goods, then this might be a solution. LMA goods would be fine. Or make it random, idc.

Emberguard

Emperor
@Lionhead your unrefined good is still needed for tech. All goods are needed upto 3 ages from their original appearance. It makes no sense to revert back to colonial and screw over anyone that didn't realise the game changed without reason the way the GBs hand out goods and didn't stock up on sufficient AF goods. Not to mention you'd still need them for Orch and Prom wouldn't you? Something that might also be in the tech tree....

You might not have a problem because you're already there. But there'll always be players that have just reached that age. If we change the formula then from Arctic onwards you're not just farming for your current age but the two ages to come as well before you can feasibly move on to the next age.

If the Goods GBs get any change at all it should be to choose which age/era it produces from, not to have it revert back to something with no value at all

Last edited:

Lionhead

Baronet
@Lionhead your unrefined good is still needed for tech. All goods are needed upto 3 ages from their original appearance. It makes no sense to revert back to colonial and screw over anyone that didn't realise the game changed without reason the way the GBs hand out goods and didn't stock up on sufficient AF goods. Not to mention you'd still need them for Orch and Prom wouldn't you? Something that might also be in the tech tree....

You might not have a problem because you're already there. But there'll always be players that have just reached that age. If we change the formula then from Arctic onwards you're not just farming for your current age but the two ages to come as well before you can feasibly move on to the next age.

If the Goods GBs get any change at all it should be to choose which age/era it produces from, not to have it revert back to something with no value at all

Well, the need for 3 age lower goods in the tech tree, seemed to come to a halt around midway through OF. The first 2 parts of VF haven´t required a single AF good, so I´m not really sure we will have that need in what era is to follow VF.
And yes, you seem to continue to have a need for Prom and Ori, as I and others have mentioned. But my guess is, that you´d need around 1K AF goods to collect 4 months worth of Prom. That would in an average city still leave a lot of AF-goods to spare. A lot.

And you´re right. I wouldn´t be having a problem if a change like suggested would come in some form. But it has got nothing to do with, that I´m already there. The formula wouldn´t be meant to change untill a player reaches the era to follow VF. So no one would in my opinion be at an disadvantage. If anything it would be the opposite. People entering AF these days, would have, or at least have had the oppotunity for more event-buildings which spew out these refined AF-goods. A variety of event buildings which weren´t available when I hovered around in AF.

And I´m not a fan of CA goods (or any other lower age goods) being labelled as "of no value at all". As long as the game offers GvG in any age from FE and down, the goods in those eras would have some value. How much value you´d assign to them would of course be different from player to player.

Emberguard

Emperor
Which is precisely why it'd be better to make it of the players choosing rather then forcing them to play with Colonial Age or below goods. If they're going to revert so far back then I've got to question why I'd even build a GB in the first place.

DeletedUser

let's increase the amount of Prom for each tech in the new era to 1000
and players will be happy that GB produce AF goods

:D

DeletedUser8859

InnoGames has made all goods usable in the 5-6 years of the games lifetime, do u really think they wount come up with a use for the goods we have now and will get in the next area´s ??

I'm sure they could find a way or two to use them, but we had been waiting a long time to see it. Players have been asking for this since the AF was released and we noticed that the goods from the ARC, Observatories and Atomiums were stockpiling at the Guild Treasury without any use. The value of these GBs went down a bit when one of the rewards from them became useless. Use Guild Treasury AF goods for GE is not enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm sure they could find a way or two to use them, but we had been waiting a long time to see it

Im pretty sure about that too, and im sure they alrdy found a way.
But yes im impatient too :)
I´ll rather wait a bit longer than going back in time as this suggestion suggest.

Lionhead

Baronet
Im pretty sure about that too, and im sure they alrdy found a way.
But yes im impatient too :)
I´ll rather wait a bit longer than going back in time as this suggestion suggest.

If that really is the case, I´m perfectly fine with a bit of waiting too, and keep the dynamic of goods from GB´s as it is now. I have always embraced new features in the game.
But if IG despite our hopes and wishes have nothing planned for the AF goods from GB´s, I´d prefer to have them produce goods which I and other GvG-players at least can find a use for.

I´ll just throw this out for consideration:
What did IG try to tell us by introducing the Sleigh Builder?
Here´s what I think: "Allright players, get yourself 3-4 of these, and you´ll NEVER need unrefined goods EVER again".
At least not in the sense the unrefined goods from GB´s was intended, which was to produce refined current era goods from ME and going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.