• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented suggestion for unattached troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5867

I suggest to add a filtering tool in the army management page.
the tool could be simply composed by two boxes to tick. It could allow the players to switch between:
a) show all troops
b) show only attached troops
c) show only unattached troops
reason for this request is that people with alcatraz might have problems in finding their attached troops.
What do you think?

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser1264

We've been begging for this since Alcatraz was introduced.
The "banner" thing on the unattached troops (turn it on in your settings, if you haven't done that yet) is the best they've offered us so far, and even that is on the wrong troops. It should be on the (few) attached troops so we can locate them quickly. That's also been pointed out but so far to no avail. 8[

DeletedUser

if you have thousands of troops showing all makes the army management extremely slow

the best thing would be to show only 8 unattached troops of each kind (fully healed 8 or the 8 with most health)
(and the 8 units in the defense. and all attached units but that are not so much)

nobody needs to see his 1000 unattached rogues (or every other unit): the most he can use is 8 in a battle

would really speed up the army management for the people with many many troops:
11 ages * (5 regular units + champion) = 66 + rogues = 67 possible different units
from each maximum 8 = 536 units shown is much faster than to select and navigate through 3000 or more

DeletedUser

the best thing would be to show only 8 unattached troops of each kind (fully healed 8 or the 8 with most health)
(and the 8 units in the defense. and all attached units but that are not so much)

nobody needs to see his 1000 unattached rogues (or every other unit): the most he can use is 8 in a battle

This is just stright on spot, like a sniper :p

What they should do is to completely redesign the entire army management window, both for easier use and game optimization. Especially optimization. I'm sorry to tell you InnoGames, but your army management window lags more than Battlefield 4! :eek:

But thanks BetaTest03, your post really inspired me into a few new ideas, I'm short on time right now, but when I get time I might do a new suggestion :)

DeletedUser2752

But don't we want to put the damage units in defense for GvG?

DeletedUser

But don't we want to put the damage units in defense for GvG?

Aren't unit placement free in GvG now? If I'm not mistaken, I think that a previus update changed it so that we don't consume our units when we place a new siege/replace defense. I might be wrong though, not sure :/

EDIT:

I found this, but I'm still unsure if this applies to reinforcing old armies :/

Update 1.27 said:

• Siege army unit cost has been removed. The requirement to field a siege army with full units was a bit confusing to new players and was also hindering activity for guilds that fight across multiple ages. For this reason we implemented following changes:
    • Placing a siege army no longer costs or requires having a currently selected army.
    • When a siege army is placed (by paying goods), "matching" units are automatically copied from the player's current army. "Matching" means "units of the correct era". If there are empty unit slots or non-matching units in the player's army, the missing units are randomly selected from that age (excluding, as always, special units like barbarians, rogues etc.).

EDIT2:

Just checked, placing a siege requires no units (only goods), but reinforcing requires units. Feels a bit strange considering the reason to why they removed the siege unit-cost :confused:

Update 1.27 said:
The requirement to field a siege army with full units was a bit confusing to new players and was also hindering activity for guilds that fight across multiple ages.

So paying a siege cost of a full army is "confusing for new players", but paying units to refill a slot is not confusing. Now I'm confused :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5867

I think that the last two posts, despite interesting are a bit off-topic.
the suggestion posted hete is quite a simple change that could be a simple box to be checked:
Show/hide unattached troops
that would be extremely easy to do and would improve a lot the army management.
I think that everyone would love this change!

conqueror9

Regent
I suggest to add a filtering tool in the army management page.
the tool could be simply composed by two boxes to tick. It could allow the players to switch between:
a) show all troops
b) show only attached troops
c) show only unattached troops
reason for this request is that people with alcatraz might have problems in finding their attached troops.
What do you think?

I do support that
when I choose army to fight or place defend army
I can selelct soldier from the "pool" easier
However, please also keep
(a) the choose "heavy unit", "fast unit"...
(b) all ages
(c) new features with new tab " like 'all ages' tab" to choose "all troops", "attached troop" and "unattached troops"

DeletedUser1283

Can we keep this really simple as its horrid finding defence troops and can take 5 mins now just to find them.

I suggest we want the same thing we have always asked for:

1) sorting of troops into "attached" "unattached" and "all"
2) done via simple radio button on army management screen that stays ticked until we decide to change it

Thunderbummy

Marquis
An alternative option would be to mark attached troops with a red flash including the barracks number that they come from and also stacking them at the start of a particular troop type instead of distributing them all over the place and then re-shuffling them when a unit is selected as happens at the moment.

Andi47

Overlord
if you have thousands of troops showing all makes the army management extremely slow

would really speed up the army management for the people with many many troops:
11 ages * (5 regular units + champion) = 66 + rogues = 67 possible different units
from each maximum 8 = 536 units shown is much faster than to select and navigate through 3000 or more

I don't think this would be the best idea for some reasons:
1.) as byeordie pointed out, one might want to place wounded troops to defense in gvg. (question: when an opponent does a fight immeditely after the army with wounded units is placed, would he see these units wounded or fully healed?)
2.) before considering doing GvG you want to know how many troops of your prefered kind(s) you have. Maybe it would be better (besides adding a radio button for filtering attached or unattached units as desired) to sort the troops by
* attached units first, then unattached units
* sort each of these two groups by health (fully healed units first)
3.) Please add the unit count of the selected type to the tooltip when you hover the mouse over a unit in army management. Counting umpteen units is a pain - you easily loose count when scrolling through dozens of unattached units...

Status
Not open for further replies.