• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] For the next "roulette" event (Summer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesgouo

Baronet
[Suggestion] For the next "roulette" event (Summer?)

To me, the roulette event is the best of all events.
They allows you to get the items you really want.

My suggestion is simple:

BLOCK the "update the roulette" for 10 seconds if some player spinned then.

It is annoying when are you spending your tickets trying to get a certain prize in roulette, and someone updates it only by trolling.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

You call it trolling, i call it strategy how to not allow neighbor to get the best prizes.

congrats. you achieve that with your crap strategy:
doing something only to give other a disadvantage without an own advantage/profit

You call it trolling, i call it strategy
and I call it crap strategy

so
+1: stop the crap strategy

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-05-28 - inappropriate and insulting language

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5799

hi chaps what some people fail to understand is that the prizes on offer may be the best to some .
How ever to others they are not , so players will change the wheel to try and find what they seek? Also you have to remember is you are not the only one in your hood at that time trying to gain what they think suits their game style
Maybe what is important to remember is we should respect other players values and points of view and not take things or make it personal? have fun Geoff : )

DeletedUser

so players will change the wheel to try and find what they seek?
but they don't lose anything if they can't refresh it because somebody else is spinning
when they refresh the others will lose their chance to win the things on the current wheel

we should respect other players values and points of view and not take things
would be a +1.
respect other and not take away their chance to win on current wheel

or make it personal?
people who refresh to get other things can do that with that idea. only a minute later. they don't lose anything
is a +1 for the idea and not personal

and players who refresh to make other lose the good thing
that is personal: so everybody giving a -1 already made it personal
hurt other personal intentionally

would be a +1
because seeing somebody else refreshing the wheel when spinning is no fun

soyour vote is a +1 ?

DeletedUser7942

Well, I kind of look at it like charity really, I mean it's like the one event where the big diamond spenders offer an opportunity to let you take a chance at a wheel they've mostly cleared so that's nice of them.

DeletedUser8859

would be a +1.
respect other and not take away their chance to win on current wheel

If current wheel does not have what I need or like, waiting until those interested in what the wheel has maybe sometimes be just 1 minute but on other times it maybe hours. I may wait a couple of minutes and battle a few encounters at GE, visit a neighbor, or check the market. But after checking the wheel again for a second or third time, I would refresh it if nothing on the wheel is interesting to me. Sorry, not waiting hours to wait it to be refreshed because everybody in the hood is waiting for others to take out whatever is left and probably nobody is interested to waste a token for it.

For example, in one of my cities (O world in EN server) I got:
  • Military: 10 Rogue Hideouts, 3 Champ Retreats, and Alcatraz/ Castle Del Monte/ Zeus/ Cathedral of Aachen. Plus Deal Castle, Watchfires, Monastery and Ritual Flames for defense. Plus bonus Attack/defense from set buildings. Not interested in any more military buildings, I get the regular units i need to mix with my Rogues from GE.
  • Residential: The city is full of Tribal Squares, Shrines, Sky Watch and other special buildings, just two regular houses (High Rises), the other population buildings are 2 premium houses or other special, plus Tower of Babel. No interest in houses from the wheel, (unless special ones better than those I got).
  • Goods: No goods buildings, got the goods from my GBs, Tribal Squares, special buildings, and by plundering.
  • Supplies: No regular supply production buildings either, just special ones.
  • Happiness: With Alcatraz and Ancient Graveyard the happiness is well covered, plus i got my roads and a few set buildings providing extra happiness.
If others were lucky to get the 4 big rewards from the wheel, and what is left are: decorations, military units / buildings, houses, cultural buildings, bags of coins or supplies, then there is nothing for me and i would refresh it. If someone was interested in that cultural or military building bad luck for not being online on time to get it. Or bad luck since the wheel gave him a decoration or a bag of coins instead of the cultural/military building before i refreshed.

DeletedUser8859

I mentioned hours that sometimes a player would have to wait if not refreshing the wheel because it still have "something" that others may think is valuable, and refreshing it now would be "taking away their chance to win on current wheel". If those "others" have not taken it already, then their opportunity is gone.

• I'm in favor of the "BLOCK the "update the roulette" for 10 seconds if some player spinned then."
  • I'm also willing to wait a minute or a few minutes like explained above.
  • But after a minute or few, If I have tokens or tickets to spin the wheel, and the present wheel is not interesting to me I would refresh it. Not waiting more than that even if there is a premium cultural building there or a special building (if it does not appeal to me).

what about inappropriate game play ?
Like what?
  • Donating that last FP to a GB? That is strategy.
  • Spinning a wheel?
    • The event instructions says I can refresh it if I'm not interested in what the wheel has, right?
    • Then, why it is inappropriate to follow the event rules?

DeletedUser7951

I just think if I spin the wheel I should have a chance of the prizes on it. The next person that feels like refreshing, she/he can have a refreshed wheel. If there has to be a 10 sec wait then ok, but I much pref it to be without a spin penalty. You get what you saw when you pressed spin.

DeletedUser8859

Besides, how that "BLOCK the "update the roulette for 10 seconds if some player spinned then" would solve the "someone refreshed the wheel with that Oasis (or whatever) still available"?

Time = 0 : Player 1 spins, get coins not the "special" he/she wants. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =10 ***
Time = 1 Nobody in the hood spinned.
Time = 2 : Player 1 spins again, wins a Fast unit, not the special he/she wants. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =12 ***
Time = 3 : Player 2 spins, wins a decoration *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =13 ***
Time = 4 : Player 3 spins, wins one of the 4 "specials" Player 1 wants. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =14 ***
Time = 5: Player 1 is distracted by collections ready at the city, or noticing a building just plundered.
Time = 6: Player 4 spins, wins a fast unit. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =16 ***
Time = 7: Player 3 spins, gain another "special", lady luck is with him/her today. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =17 ***
Time = 8: Player 5 spins, wins some medals. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =18 ***
Time = 9: Player 2 spins again, wins the 3rd "special" *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =19 ***
Time = 10 to 18: No one spinned, maybe everyone is waiting for others to get the low rewards to increase their chance to get the last special. or just busy at the city or battle fields.
Time = 19: *** Wheel Refresh unlocked*** Player 3 is not interested in the 4th and last "special", he/she already won 2 today, got 8 already at the city plus, another few at inventory, therefore refreshes the wheel feeling lucky to get something else/ something better.
Time = 20: Player 1 feels irritated because someone (Player 3) refreshed the wheel with one "special" still available.

DeletedUser

you don't get how it will work
after EACH spin there is 10 second block in which there can't be a refresh

Time = 9: Player 2 spins again, wins the 3rd "special"
Time = 10: *** Wheel Refresh unlocked***
so that doesnt work
because spin time=9 sets it back to 0 and 10 seconds start again
so after player 2 spins the wheel can't be unlooked before time = 19
but only if nobody spins in those 10 seconds

Time = 0 : Player 1 spins, get coins not the "special" he/she wants. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =10 ***
Time = 1 Nobody in the hood spinned.
Time = 2 : Player 1 spins again, wins a Fast unit, not the special he/she wants *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =12 ***
Time = 3 : Player 2 spins, wins a decoration *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =13 ***
Time = 4 : Player 3 spins, wins one of the 4 "specials" Player 1 wants. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =14 ***
Time = 5: Player 1 is distracted by collections ready at the city, or noticing a building just plundered. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =15 ***
Time = 6: Player 4 spins, wins a fast unit *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =16 ***
Time = 7: Player 3 spins, gain another "special", lady luck is with him/her today. *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =17 ***
Time = 8: Player 5 spins, wins some medals *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =18 ***
Time = 9: Player 2 spins again, wins the 3rd "special" *** wheel refresh blocked until Time =19 ***
Time = 10: *** Wheel still blocked for 9 more seconds *** Player 3 is not interested in the 4th and last "special", he/she already won 2 today, got a few already at the city

DeletedUser8859

Noticed and edited to reflect that. Spin at time = 9 pushes the block to time = 19.

DeletedUser8859

Now, with edited timeline from Time = 0 to Time = 20 seconds. Does the suggestion solves the issue? Or give enough chances to Player 1 to get the "special" reward?

DeletedUser

Time = 5: Player 1 is distracted by collections ready at the city, or noticing a building just plundered.
Time = 20: Player 1 feels irritated because someone (Player 3) refreshed the wheel with one "special" still available.
that is then bad strategy ;)

he must decide what is more important:
the wheel where he was spinning or the other thing

does the suggestion solves the issue?
for me and many it would
nobody can refresh when we are spinning and when we decide to stop (for 10 seconds) we know that the wheel could be refreshed

DeletedUser8859

so the Strategy is: Spin at a rate faster than 1 spin / 10 seconds, to keep wheel refresh blocked, hoping to get that reward still in it, spending 10 or more tickets until (luckily) you get what you want from the wheel ???

vesgouo

Baronet
so the Strategy is: Spin at a rate faster than 1 spin / 10 seconds, to keep wheel refresh blocked, hoping to get that reward still in it, spending 10 or more tickets until (luckily) you get what you want from the wheel ???

The sugestion is just to BLOCK (for 10 seconds) the REFRESH of the wheel if I´m freneticaly spending my tickets on then trying to get the special prize on the wheel.
Just to avoid a "Troll" neighbor see you spend a lot of tickets and when you're finally close to getting what you want (because it's the only prize left in the wheel) he refresh it just for the LOL.
This is something that irritates the players to the point of some quit the game

-> And even if you spend a lot of tickets, it is still not guaranteed that you will win the prize, because a neighbor still can catching it.
This is OK. Is part of the game. But refresh the wheel just for trolling is not fair.

DeletedUser

something like that
spin fast enough before somebody else wins it without the risk of a refresh

-> And even if you spend a lot of tickets, it is still not guaranteed that you will win the prize, because a neighbor still can catching it.
or you can be the neighbor who catches it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.