• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Suggestion for attributes on future buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionhead

Baronet
I would like the developers and game designers to consider new attributes for buildings provided to us in the future (not the era - could be for new event building or building from the era after Furture Era).
Currently we have buildings which gives us attack-bonus to attacking units, and we have buildings which gives us defence-bonus to defending units.

How about giving us some building which will give defence-bonus to atticking units, and attack-bonus to defending units?

In my humble opinion, it will make us players stop an think of our over-all strategy, when building our cities. Do I go for one or the other, or do I build a bit af all?
I believe the diversity this will bring, will provide a bit more excitement to the battles we engage in.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser5800

+1 from me. I had been thinking the speakers corner should maybe have given it's percentage to the defence of the attacking army rather than the attack so would welcome other buildings that follow that path.

DeletedUser2752

How would the defense for offensive image differentiate for defense for defensive?

DeletedUser5800

How would the defense for offensive image differentiate for defense for defensive?

:confused: not really following you? What do you mean by image?

By increasing the percentage boost of your attacking armies defence they will be harder to kill when attacking PvP and GvG. By increasing the attacking boost of your cities defending army they will be able to cause greater damage to those who attack you.

Seems simple to me and as the OP suggests it allows different gaming styles to adopt different strategies when choosing which barracks to build or other buildings that might be chosen to provide the boosts.

Lionhead

Baronet
:confused: not really following you? What do you mean by image?

By increasing the percentage boost of your attacking armies defence they will be harder to kill when attacking PvP and GvG. By increasing the attacking boost of your cities defending army they will be able to cause greater damage to those who attack you.

Seems simple to me and as the OP suggests it allows different gaming styles to adopt different strategies when choosing which barracks to build or other buildings that might be chosen to provide the boosts.

Thx, thanatos

That is exactly my point. I would have written, almost to the letter, that a bit sooner. But I seem to struggle to put my danish thoughts into english words :D

DeletedUser2752

My question is regarding the image. I know why you're suggesting it :p

DeletedUser

image = icon in the building description showing what bonus it has

DeletedUser5800

image = icon in the building description showing what bonus it has

Ok now I understand. That is up to the graphic designers to come up with something suitable. Maybe a shield with a sword sticking out behind it for attacking defence boost and a shield with a sword in front of it for defence attacking boost or vice versa. I would think that is a minor issue as far as the idea is concerned.

Lionhead

Baronet
Ahhh, I get it now.

The icon doesn´t have to change. The difference can be sorted out by text. Add "for defending/attacking units" in the line under the "Permanent effect"-line if it´s a military building like Strike Team Center.
And if it´s a building like Monestary or Watchfire the text could be: "Defense/Offense boost: While defending/attacking your units gain +xx% offense/defense"

DeletedUser

How about 2 overlapping shields for defense on defensive units units, and a shield and sword for defense on offensive units?

Bad idea -1 from me.
We all saw what happened so far when in a night players reached 200% (or +) attack bonus on their attack army.
Now they just have to split those buildings and in one night they will reach 150% (or +) attack & defence bonus on their attack army.
The better is to cut off all kind of bonus from military buildings and return to normal numbers.

DeletedUser4256

How about giving us some building which will give defence-bonus to atticking units, and attack-bonus to defending units?

This kind of bonuses are exclusively provided by military and defensive GBs (Fierce resistance) as you know.
So if you add them to other buildings too, your are devaluing all those Gbs, what would be the point of leveling up those GBs beyond level 10 if you already can gain the same type of bonuses by just building more military buildings?

-1, sorry but I think its not a good idea

Lionhead

Baronet
This kind of bonuses are exclusively provided by military and defensive GBs (Fierce resistance) as you know.
So if you add them to other buildings too, your are devaluing all those Gbs, what would be the point of leveling up those GBs beyond level 10 if you already can gain the same type of bonuses by just building more military buildings?

-1, sorry but I think its not a good idea

If I´m not mistaken there´s no military building, which offers neither defensive bonus to attacking units nor attick-bonus for defending units.
You´re right, we have St. Basil and Deal Castle which gives us 3% attack for defending units per level (yes, and 3% defence too). But the fact, that we have military buildings boosting attack for attacking units, haven´t stopped us from levelling offensive GB´s beyond level 10?

DeletedUser5800

I don't understand magnus logic either as we already have barracks that provide bonus that GB's provide. If anything this idea would be balancing the bonus out allowing players to decide on the best strategy for their personal playing style. Or maybe magnus believes barracks shouldn't provide a bonus at all and the developers should remove it?

DeletedUser4256

I didnt mean to remove the current attack-defending bonus types from military and/or special buildings, its fine as is.

imo the other 2 types of bonus, (the defensive bonus while attacking provided exclusively by Zeus, Aachen And Castel del Monte and the attack bonus while defending provided exclusively by Deal and St.Basils) both are powerful bonus that shouldnt be included so easily on military and/or special buildings

Your city can be unbeatable while defending if you're able to level up Deal Castle and St.Basils at very high levels and, by the other hand, you'll win all fights with no loses if you're able to level up Zeus, Aachen and Castel del Monte at such high levels but, as we know, leveling up those Gbs beyond 10th level is a hard task and quite difficult to do ...as it should be, I guess.

So if you include the all 4 types of military bonus on other buildings, as Lionhead suggests, wouldnt it be to make the game easier? Would you need to keep investing time and tons of forge points to level up military and/or defensive GBs knowing that you can get the same (defensive bonus while attacking and/or the attack bonus while defending) by just building a few more military buildings? I wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.