• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Suggestion for Army Management improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi47

Overlord
Imagine the following suggestion: Say, you want to do a battle and select units of a certain type. With both, an appropriate military building and Alcatraz (and quite some time passed since you built both) you have a few dependent units and *lots* of independent units of the type, and of course you want to select the dependent units first.

OK, open army management, look for the dependent units *scroll* - ah, here are two among the independent units. Click on one of them.

What happens now, seems to be completely random-driven: After selecting the unit, the remaining units become shuffled - apparently without any noticeable logic. No way to predict where the second dependent unit has gone among the row of independent units? *scroll* .... *scroll* ah, here it is *click* *units become shuffled again* *scroll* etc.

Suggestion: Please show the dependent units first in the (sometimes long) row of units of the same type, and please don't RANDOMLY mix them with the independent units!

A second thing: When planning an attack in GvG it is not unimportant to know how many units everybody has, in order to estimate whether the planned attack has a realistic chance. But as of now, when you have many units of the same type (e.g. ~50 field guns, not just 4 or 5 of them) it is difficult to count them.

Suggestion: Please add the info about the units count for the respective unit (e.g. "you have 52 field guns") to the tooltip when hovering the mouse over a unit in the army management window.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser5429

Of course a very good idea, like common sense. :)

But seing:
- how long we have waited for unattached units filtering,
- how this filtering has been transformed by the developpers in an unattached flag,
- and how an option for desactivating this feature was apparently deemed necessary (whereas we had to fight to keep the ability to desactivate hardware acceleration...)

I guess this suggestion, if it ever was implemented:
- would take two or three years to be released
- would be tweaked in such a way that its implementation would be disappointing
- would impact the performances of the game

What? I'm scoffing?! Well, not really, that's the saddest thing. :'(

DeletedUser5163

Hi everyone,

I have another sugestion (I dont know if it has been said before. sorry if already):

In my city, I have 3 barracks at the same type of units. But, in the army manager screen, I cannot know which units came from each os the barracks.

Cos of that, in a bunch of times, I put 3 or 4 units from the same barrack in just one fight. If I lose all of the units, it will take 'forever' to recruit them all again.

My sugestion is something like this:

OOgQbYw.png

Thank you all

eh nòóis

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanmay11

Regent
Hi everyone,

I have another sugestion (I dont know if it has been said before. sorry if already):

In my city, I have 3 barracks at the same type of units. But, in the army manager screen, I cannot know which units came from each os the barracks.

Cos of that, in a bunch of times, I put 3 or 4 units from the same barrack in just one fight. If I lose all of the units, it will take 'forever' to recruit them all again.

My sugestion is something like this:

OOgQbYw.png

Thank you all

eh nòóis

I'd really like to see this feature coz, as u said it takes forever to recruit if u have lost all the units from the same barrack, and this is really a headache while fighting in GvG as time is a very important factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.