• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion for a "booby trap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8548

I have an idea for something new for the game .. when someone attacks they are rewarded points etc for winning the battle when attacking their neighbors, and then can and usually do plunder.. which then gives them another reward with no consequence.. why doesn't the developers create a booby trap that players can set on a building or 2 that IF plundered it blows up and kills the plunderer ?.. in real life war, it happens all the time with road mines, booby trapped buildings etc even though the advancing army won the battle to get there. the booby trap mine could be a reward a person could win in events, GE etc, even added as something you can buy with tavern silver in the tavern.. I just think it would be an awesome addition to this war game

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

in real life war
in real life war no attacker EVER only plundered one building

the plundered all, burned the city down and killed the owner
or they kept the city (and still kill the owner)
in both cases you would need to start from zero

or did Hannibal or Attila ever be so nice and took only one thing and then left the city with not harming the rest ?

:rolleyes:

so be careful what you wish
if you want a real life war game it is sooner over than you think

DeletedUser8548

no I sure wouldnt want a real life war game, I was referring to the game.. land mines are laid all the time in real life, war or not.. just a suggestion for this game.. but know most that do ALL the plundering daily sure wouldnt want something that may stop them LOL

DeletedUser8168

no I sure wouldnt want a real life war game, I was referring to the game.. land mines are laid all the time in real life, war or not.. just a suggestion for this game.. but know most that do ALL the plundering daily sure wouldnt want something that may stop them LOL
you are spending way to much time thinking about ways to stop plundering .......you are degrading your own enjoyment of the game from the worry............first accept the fact that it happens ...luckily only once every 24 hours by any player than can beat you ! and then only if you didn't collect on time !.........ways to stop it ..easy !!!! collect on time ...level up your at/df bonuses (Basil and Deal and watch towers and ritul fire ) then ya don't have to worry at all !

DeletedUser8548

No Roc I don't spend time thinking of ways to stop plundering, I just feel being able to lay a booby trap would add so much more to the game.. I am on both sides as far as attacking and plundering/being attacked and plundered, but think it would give the game a new twist.. as far as collecting I preach it to all that complain about being plundered, collect on time.. if you can't collect each day at the right times then don't produce or break your roads.. I find complainers to be players who feel they should be able to play whenever and their city not be touched.. not going to work that way.. but I love the idea of a booby trap and the fun of planting one or finding one .. haven't found anyone that hasn't said they would love to see it incorporated into the game,
So developers please consider it and bring a new twist to this awesome game

DeletedUser7265

Good idea :) Makes it more funny, even for plunderers ;-)

Queen Amaria

Steward
I like to plunder and therefore get many nice letters. Why not give these chronically troubled players a revenge opportunity without a fight?
I think that could be funny and comfort the injured.
A real plunderer can handle that ;)

Possibilities of a mine/booby trap at the plunder :

- booty fizzles
- Robber loses some goods from his inventory
- Robber loses some attack power for a certain amount of time
- Robber loses his defense bonus for a certain time
- double revenge option

.... .....

Queen Amaria

Steward
players can set on a building or 2 that IF plundered it blows up and kills the plunderer

This part i don´t understand. How can you kill a plunderer? He has 24 hours after the attack and an attacking army does not have to be selected at the time of the plunder. It would be difficult to kill ;)

DeletedUser8406

The simliest option would be - attacker receives nothing. Every player shoudl select one (or more with some pack) building daily for setting trap. If attacker wants to plunder this building, he will find nothing here.

YukonJack

Farmer
I think this would be a fun addition to the game. I too have been on both sides of plundering and think this would make it easier to swallow for players that get rolled into a neighborhood where they are ranked way down the list, so are easy targets. For the players that have built up their attack and are maybe finding it a bit boring, walking through defending armies, this would make it more interesting when choosing what to plunder.

DeletedUser8817

I am a looter, I believe that the merit of looting must be maintained, the idea is great, however the right of the trap must obey the activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.