• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Suggestion: Donating goods through GBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Andi47

Overlord
"Donate 240 goods of VF or OF to Treasury" is the same as "pour a few liters of water into the ocean"

Why not change this to "donate x goods of your or the previous age, or 2*x goods of any age below"?

DeletedUser8859

"Donate 240 goods of VF or OF to Treasury" is the same as "pour a few liters of water into the ocean"
Why not change this to "donate x goods of your or the previous age, or 2*x goods of any age below"?

Agree that is pointless to keep adding to the Treasury goods of AF, VF, and above due to current design of GvG Maps.

But, if the original challenge was to donate 240 Goods of VF (current Age) or AF (previous age), then giving the option to donate 480 Cloth is an equivalent challenge???
  • Trading fairly how much 480 Cloth represents to a VF Player? 0.29 of a Tea Silk? Is that a challenge?
  • The alternative option should be 480 The Future era goods instead of 240 Virtual Future or Artic Era goods.
    • Lower but much closer to the original DC costs.
    • Future Era goods are useful at a Guild Treasury for GvG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amdira

Baronet
Guess we're discussing from different perspectives. For higher age players it might make no difference, but there are still a lot of small players, who are struggling with quests like donating 200 goods to guild treasury.

Allowing to donate the requested goods by LGs might encourage small players to to build at least an Observatory, which would be supportive for guilds.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Would like to have the goods donations to guild treasury requested in DC or event-quests being done by GBs like Observatory, The Arc or Atomium.

It makes no sense to me, why the good donations have to be done out of the inventory, if you could use the GBs

I think I made that suggestion on the German game forums about a year ago already and I was probably not the first to do that... It was archived without any admin comment... So I guess it is not wanted from a game-design point of view...

DeletedUser8859

But recruiting units by Alcatraz and collecting goods by LoA, Babel etc. works for quests - so what?

It is not the same.
  • Unattached units from Alcatraz, and attached units from military barracks both go to the same Military Pool as units available to use at battle or be set as Defensive Army at city or at GvG, or used at quests recurring to recruit / delete units.
  • Goods obtained from the following listed buildings all go to the same goods stock:
    • GBs rewards (LOA, Tower of Babel, St Marks, others)
    • Regular Goods production buildings,
    • Special buildings producing goods at every collection (Colosus, Oasis, Tholus, etc.)
    • Special buildings producing goods if a 8 or 24 hours cycle was selected (Mad Scientist Lab, Upgraded Cider Mills, others)
However, goods produced by Arc, Observatory and Atomium:
  • go directly to Treasury,
  • never touch your city's goods stock,
For the game having goods donated from your stock (player own decision and cost) vs goods transferred directly from a GB to Trasury (no cost to the player's goods stock / inventory, those goods were never there) are not the same thing, not the same quest requirement.

Thunderdome

Emperor
It should count somewhat. What's the point of having a GB that donates but doesn't count towards quests? I have the Observatory on both beta and Angkor (US) servers. While I may not have a problem donating on the beta server (as I can get a good amount of goods by collecting from my non-plunderables), I do have a problem doing so on the live server since I am barely starting out. Both Obs are somewhat a good level (level 10) and it ticks me off because that could have been 50 goods (at that level) that would have counted towards a quest requiring such a donation that I can finish off with what's left I needed to make in order for that quest to be completed.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I think the biggest problem with a change to here is the following:
- "donate goods" is often an alternative to an inconvenient other task like "scout" or "conquer province" - therefore the amount of goods needed for the task was chosen quite high
--> but who are the players having "problems" with those kind of tasks? The players remaining in one age having a high arc I would assume.
--> already a medium high arc makes about 500 goods a day - that is higher than the usual requirement for those tasks
--> if it was changed that arc goods count, then the tasks would have to be amended to be more demanding like "donate 2000 goods"
--> this would kind of delete this option of the quest for the smaller players and they would have to go with the inconvenient choice

Probably the current trade off is fine, although for some ages it really does not make any sense to donate goods anymore. As said above the "donate goods" usually is a kind of "punishment" for not doing the proper task and not really for building up guild treasury.

DeletedUser8859

As said above the "donate goods" usually is a kind of "punishment" for not doing the proper task and not really for building up guild treasury.

Totally agree. And, if you do not like the Challenge requirement just skip it for today and solve the next one tomorrow.

DeletedUser8859

How can I skip event quest, and solve any next one?

I was referring to Daily Challenges which can be skipped, not to Event Quests.

Event quests
are normally non abortable, cant be skipped, must be executed in a specific order. Some events present an optional quest for the player choose not complete one be able to continue at the event by solving the alternative task.

Status
Not open for further replies.