• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Suggestion.. Change opening tab in Town Hall

• Thread starter DeletedUser9410
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9410

When i open my town hall, it automatically opens the Boost overview tab.
Whilst it might be nice to see this, its not why i go into the town hall everyday.
I go in to check events, etc.
It should open automatically on the News tab,

I know its not a major thing to just click news and then do whatever i need to but i just think it would be easier if it did this.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Artubar

Baronet
Partially Yes :D
Click on Town name > News tab
Click on Town Hall > Boosts

(Another suggestion here? on the german forums? was to introduce two tiny buttons in the top bar for opening the event history & the GB contributions list; similar to the new goods indicator/ button (or even instead of that goods thingy - while it is quite important in the settlements, there's little use for it in the main city.. I can't remember reading from anyone "I must have that in my normal city, too!")

Thunderdome

Emperor
+1

It should. While the boosts are a nice thing to see, however, I like seeing what's going on with my city during my absence/presence when I click on the town hall.

Upon thinking about it, what I, as a game designer would do, is:
  • Kill the News tab entirely as there is no information on it at all! Just another pesky click.
  • Make the Event History and Great Buildings tabs of their own.
  • Give EVERY tab a checkmark/point behind the head title to let every player individually choose on which tab to open first
To avoid aiming issues with thick mouse pointers/ fingers ;-) I'd make the preference change available only to the active tab to the same.

Easyily done, at worst changes nothing for players, improvement for most. Impossible to (reasonably) rant about the change. Should be an easy sell... ^^

Mr.Quib

Squire
Maybe bundle all screen issues into one solution? Have every screen remember where you left it; Town Hall, army management and the inventory. In case of army management, include remembering the filter options of attached/unattached, era and unit type.

DeletedUser8859

Better to open in the last tab the user was seeing / using.
The app version do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.