• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion and Discussion] Neighborhood and Guild Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Calling All First Year FOE Players,

Prior to my forum account being deleted, I had posted a suggestion about trading that needs to be looked at when it comes to guild and neighborhood. I never got to see the end of it because work had consumed my life, hence why the long absence.

What ever came of it?

Present Time

There is still a problem with neighborhood based (for profit, unfair trade, noobish antics, etc.) trades showing up within the guild trade as the member becomes part of the guild. While I had seen guilds kicked members for posting such trades, it's not their fault.

The suggestion back then was to create a "neighborhood only" button in the same fashion a "guild only" button was made before a trade is placed.

However, I am going to up the ante to suggest the following buttons when a trade is being created:

Guild Only - Creates Trades for Guild Members only. Neighborhood trades do not show up here.

Neighborhood Only - Creates Trades for Neighborhood folks only. Guild trades should not show up.

Both Neighborhood and Guild - Creates trades for both Guild and Neighborhood

With this in play, when some presses the following buttons in their search should yield the following:

Guild Only - should show the trades that were created using the guild only button. No neighborhood trades by that guild member should show up.

Neighborhood Only - should only show trades created by the neighborhood only button.

Both Guild and Neighborhood - should bring up trades that players clicked on both for.

This way, those who want to profit can do so without scrutiny from guild leaders due to a faulty feature.

Thoughts on this?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser9522

You have neglegted the friends entirely. Are they not worth to trade with?

DeletedUser

Loads of player will setup so many unfair trades that the trade system will be overloaded, it runs badly as it is alrdy, so lets not have that plz.

Luke Stark

Marquis
how about just one more button to solve this problem?

a "fair trade" button?

we all know what "fair trade" is so I skip explaining it here,
but it would solve all the problems I guess?

DeletedUser

Loads of player will setup so many unfair trades that the trade system will be overloaded, it runs badly as it is alrdy, so lets not have that plz.
Why do you think something is stopping them now? Surely not guilds , they just find a guild which accepts their habits...

Thunderdome

Emperor
how about just one more button to solve this problem?

a "fair trade" button?

we all know what "fair trade" is so I skip explaining it here,
but it would solve all the problems I guess?
Straight out, I could go for such when it comes to searching for goods instead of having to go through pages of trades that I have a good for. Check out the following listing I had encountered when I clicked on the green thumbs up (on the browser; for having the amount of goods available to trade) and on the guild (for showing up guild member trades) boxes in:

upload_2019-3-31_17-4-33.png

This is on the live server, US Angkor, of a guild member who was trying to profit via neighborhood trading. Ideally, the suggestions should have filtered this list out when a guild member is looking for guild based trades. However, I can only speculate that when a guild takes a member, it also takes in the neighborhood trades made by the member.

When I first played in year 1, this was a problem because the neighborhood trades would just show up regardless if the guild only trade button was clicked or not. I had drafted something in asking to separate the views so members can continue to profit without ticking off the guild members who are swamped with endless pages of unfair trades. This was way before threaded messages now have the ability to send an attachment (GB or offer trade). Those of us who played in the first year of this game would probably know how hard it was to keep affairs in order and those decisions that we had to make as guild leaders to either keep the player (due to their high ranking) or keep the guild happy (in hoping no players left as a result).

Why do you think something is stopping them now? Surely not guilds , they just find a guild which accepts their habits...
Yep, and since most guilds have an open invite, they can just go in there and hope there will be some activity without the rules.

My brain back in the day was rattling on the fact that trades were limited to a certain number that can be posted. I think through the years Inno had removed such limits. I might be wrong, though.

Keep 'em coming, laddies and lassies.

DeletedUser

Oh yes guilds are stopping most player from doing it, this suggested rule would tenfold the marked posting if not hundredfold it, and just the the ending of each trade when it runs out would restrain the server a great deal.

My brain back in the day was rattling on the fact that trades were limited to a certain number that can be posted. I think through the years Inno had removed such limits. I might be wrong, though.

Not sure but i think the limit is 500 right now.

------

Even with filters it will take time to find trades, load them all and then the trade program would still have to handle and sort all trades from what your pick.
Not sure about this, but i think i saw a dev post way back saying something about how much power our trades take and that it was a problem.... this could be the reason for the limit.

If its made this way filter picks from last visit to the marked should be saved somehow.

Another thing that might be comparable to this was when they changed the way our history was loaded when entering it from the town hall (they changed it from loading all history pages to only load one page at the time to save server load)

Thunderdome

Emperor
Not sure but i think the limit is 500 right now.
Yeah, I remembered trying to put in as many trades and the max was like 20 or 30, and if I wanted to put in more, either the current trades I submitted must be taken or cancelled. I was pretty much a 2 to 3 hour a day gaming guy back then and I would throw in the trades to be taken care of when I sleep or go to work. Also, didn't think there was an expiry date which became a problem with folks massively placed trades to clutter the market, especially unfair ones. I guess I have to thank someone for that one, which is a good thing.

In other games I had played, the trading section would show the "premium" based (special currency that is bought with real money) trades first followed by "common" based trades (in-game based currency like gold). I would hope that this trading bit would be arranged by "guild" trades first then "neighborhood/friend" trades along with the earliest time first. Par example:

Guild Only Offer 10 Marble Need 10 Lumber 01 day 23 hour 39 minute
Guild Only Offer 50 Limestone Need 100 Wine 04 day 15 hour 01 minute
Guild Only Offer 5 Wine Need 5 Dye 6 day 01 hour 01 minute
Neighborhood Offer 10 Honey Need 10 Alabaster 01 day 15 hour 09 minute
Neighborhood Offer 100 Packaging Need 100 Convenience Food 03 day 10 hour 12 minute
Neighborhood Offer 30 Coffee Need 30 Paper 05 day 23 hour 01 minute
---followed by Merchant based trades---

I use the app most of the time and I am thankful for it to have the "confirm" box when hitting up a trade or I would be really mad for taking in a bad trade.

DeletedUser8859

how about just one more button to solve this problem? a "fair trade" button?
we all know what "fair trade" is so I skip explaining it here, but it would solve all the problems I guess?

We all know the multiple definitions for "fair trade" that exist among the FOE Players community.

DeletedUser8859

The suggestion back then was to create a "neighborhood only" button in the same fashion a "guild only" button was made before a trade is placed.
However, I am going to up the ante to suggest the following buttons when a trade is being created:
  • Guild Only - Creates Trades for Guild Members only. Neighborhood trades do not show up here.
  • Neighborhood Only - Creates Trades for Neighborhood folks only. Guild trades should not show up.
  • Both Neighborhood and Guild - Creates trades for both Guild and Neighborhood
With this in play, when some presses the following buttons in their search should yield the following:
  • Guild Only - should show the trades that were created using the guild only button. No neighborhood trades by that guild member should show up.
  • Neighborhood Only - should only show trades created by the neighborhood only button.
  • Both Guild and Neighborhood - should bring up trades that players clicked on both for.
This way, those who want to profit can do so without scrutiny from guild leaders due to a faulty feature.

+1 (considering Friends & Neighbors in the same options)

DeletedUser

I don't support people who try to abuse neighbors and friends

if you don't like how people trade kick them out of your guild and don't support their playing style with such an idea

index.php

This is on the live server, US Angkor, of a guild member who was trying to profit via neighborhood trading.
so Titus 697 the Bold is a thief who wants more goods from his neighbors and friends and additional those friends must pay 1 FP for each of those trades
and even worse those trades are ridiculous low in amount that people have to take many trades because normally a player don't need only 10 of something

so if somebody needs 100 of something he has to pay 200 and 10 FP. that is already criminal for me
I would directly kick such players

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
so if somebody needs 100 of something he has to pay 200 and 10 FP. that is already criminal for me
I would directly kick such players
Why is it "criminal"? Nobody is forced to take these offers...

It is different if you have strict guild rules to not enter "unfair" (what ever that means) trades at all, e.g. to protect "nice" guild mates that like to select "guild only" and take all offers they can, but that is apparently not the point here...
For that part I have seen different approaches - from "having a 1 as last digit for unfair trades" or "only trades in the trading channel/trading mail have to be fair"...

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

It is OK to plunder a neighbor and take their goods and giving them nothing?
But it is criminal to offer them 10 goods (that are rarely seen on market) for 10+ from them?

If that is true, I need to reconsider the "Fair" term in the whole game.

DeletedUser

that is also criminal

But it is criminal to offer them 10 goods (that are rarely seen on market) for 10+ from them?
if those goods are really rare then your guild members would also be happy to see those trades :p

then it would be criminal to give those trades only to neighbors and not to your guild :D

DeletedUser8859

I don't support people who try to abuse neighbors and friends

Darrth Eugene Vader said:

BetaTest03 replied:
that is also criminal

-----
Then, to be consistent, do you kick off from your guild people (criminals) who plunder their neighbors?

RedRed

Viceroy
+1

the alternative exists however.... let your guildmates set the rates they want on the market, ask them to post the "guild fair trades" on a dedicated chat.

---
loosing time on endless discussions is criminal, cause you are killing our Earth wasting power energy and consuming all the devices and infrastructures involved. :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

if those goods are really rare then your guild members would also be happy to see those trades :p
then it would be criminal to give those trades only to neighbors and not to your guild :D

Criminal?
  • Guildmates will have access to these rare goods, with Guild Only Trades, set at whatever fair rate the guild follows.
  • Friends and Neighbors will have access to these rare goods, at non-guildmate rates, using "Neighborhood (+Friends) Offers".
There is nothing criminal to have different rates for different people. Normal stores have discount prices for employees different than the "special" or "sale" prices for normal customers. Personal preferences? No, as Michael Corleone would say, "It's not personal it's strictly business ".
---
Plundering is criminal and reason to be kicked off the guild? When you would kick-off yourself? After the 15,000th plundering?

Status
Not open for further replies.