• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

stop the endless clicking

• Thread starter DeletedUser6529
  • Start date

DeletedUser5439

I'll add one more variable to the argument. When I've surveyed members of my guilds, it seems this game attracts a slightly older player than, say, Call of Duty. Now add in that many of us play multiple worlds (I know one chap who plays 53 on various world servers). Aid and then visit taverns for 80+ people per world is 160 clicks alone.

Now, how many of us, er, more mature players have a sore mouse finger? There is a direct correlation between overuse of the mouse button and arthritis in one's finger.... let's see if there is some way to do this without risking our joints (the ones in our fingers, that is!)..... at least we'll be less sore and more inclined to take part in battles.

DeletedUser

I'll add one more variable to the argument. When I've surveyed members of my guilds, it seems this game attracts a slightly older player than, say, Call of Duty. Now add in that many of us play multiple worlds (I know one chap who plays 53 on various world servers). Aid and then visit taverns for 80+ people per world is 160 clicks alone.

Now, how many of us, er, more mature players have a sore mouse finger? There is a direct correlation between overuse of the mouse button and arthritis in one's finger.... let's see if there is some way to do this without risking our joints (the ones in our fingers, that is!)..... at least we'll be less sore and more inclined to take part in battles.

A player that plays 53 worlds can blame him self if he clicks to much, and the same goes for players that play more than one world, a game shouldnt be automatic, it should be something to do and have fun with, those who click play, those whom wount click aint really playing are they?

The "my finger hurts" argument aint valid in many cases, coz if the clicking is reduced some will just play more worlds, and others will just play more games, and your back to the same clicking :)

If the game get to automatic players will spend less time in each world, and it will hurt the game in the long run.... and "players" are here to play, and spend time, and have fun with it.
The old way where you had to visit a player to aid was removed, and that was a good thing, not so much for the clicking part, but that too, (to many clicks to do one thing) the real advantage in the new aid system was less loading time, waiting time and less server power was used.

The real problem here is that clicking gives the clicker´s an advantage, and the "one world" players an advantage.

Edit: Just to make my point clear.. if this was sport insted of at game.
If you live in a city that has 10 groups of people running 10 miles a day, and the same city has 10 groups of people that walk 2 miles a day.
If your legs hurts after running 30 miles, then joining more than 3 running teams would be dumb, if your legs hurt just running then you might wanna pick the walking team. if your legs aint hurting then you could join all the teams, but you will most likely end up with pain in your leg at some point.

When your legs hurt in one of the cases, should you ask everyone else to slow down, or run walk less miles, or should you just pick whats right for you insted of making changes for everyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8262

We all play games for fun, mindless clicking is not fun, it's a necessary part of the game yes but its not the point of the game. Each player has an amount of available time to spend in here and as a player of almost 5 years standing i know that the time i have available for fighting has been almost completely swallowed up by the increased clicking. Yes i play several worlds but have done so since day 1, even going back to the days of manual polivating i had more time to fight then than i do now.
A game should be fun but FOE is really starting to feel like work and boring work at that.
Also I cannot see any economic value to INNO, as the demand for time spent clicking increase players will simply drop worlds, that will decrease the need for diamonds with a subsequent drop in revenue, it is the company interest to keep players at the keyboard as long as possible but increasing clicking is not the way to do it.
The Devs should ask themselves a simple question before implementing any more changes, does this increase clicking? if the answer is yes they should have a rethink.
Listening to customers has been sound business practice forever, i cannot understand why INNO ignore the opinions of theirs

DeletedUser

If it´s mindless clicking then dont do it.... shorten your friendlist. NO?

No you wount shorten it, and why not? coz its not mindless, you get something for each click.
And here is what every single click of aid gives you or can give you.
1. Coins
2 . maybe BP
3. Things from GB that has a bonus when you aid.
4. Aid in return maybe
Other benefits from that one click:
You will most likely stay on your friends list if you aid them, and by staying on their list you will have more options in trade, and you will have more GB you can use FP on, and more players that can fill FP in your GB.

Thats what you get or can get for ONE mindless click :)

DeletedUser6015

If it´s mindless clicking then dont do it.... shorten your friendlist. NO?

No you wount shorten it, and why not? coz its not mindless, you get something for each click.
And here is what every single click of aid gives you or can give you.
1. Coins
2 . maybe BP
3. Things from GB that has a bonus when you aid.
4. Aid in return maybe
Other benefits from that one click:
You will most likely stay on your friends list if you aid them, and by staying on their list you will have more options in trade, and you will have more GB you can use FP on, and more players that can fill FP in your GB.

Thats what you get or can get for ONE mindless click :)

Libet i guess that;

You should not do battles, you should not attack your neighbors.
You should not have 140 friends and 50 guildmates, you should not spend in their tavern more than once a day,
But mainly you do not put 2000 pf's several times a day in ge's....
If you did all this, you would see how tiring it is and how it takes a lot of time ....

DeletedUser

Libet i guess that;

You should not have 140 friends and 50 guildmates, you should not spend in their tavern more than once a day,
If you did all this, you would see how tiring it is and how it takes a lot of time ....

Your guess is only correct when it comes to beta, but when it comes to live servers you couldnt be more wrong, and i play more than one world.

I could agree one a change though, it would cut down the clicking and time spend if clicking aid would make you visit the taven at the same time, but still keep the chair ind the menu, so you can visit the taven later in case of no seat :) and skip the loading of your friends tavern.

DeletedUser5429

Libet i guess that;

In the real world (in enterprise, for example), reducing the amount of time needed to do something is a must have.
Real persons don't like spending tons of time doing simple things, because they have other things to do. When you propose to them an improvement cutting the time needed to do something, they are really happy. When you impose on them something raising that time, you can be sure they won't like it at all.
There are quite some sources of endless clicking (or rather of losing time) in FoE. Some were already removed (aid, window with all GBs of one players for example. Those were great improvements). Others are still there. Arguably, visiting tavern + aiding, putting FPs on a GB, now cycling through recurring quests (+ confirmation window for aborting), and so on.
A fully automated game is obviously stupid and wouldn't have any interest, but things taking time just for the sake of taking time is still more stupid.

DeletedUser

In the real world

Comparing the real world and a game hmm yes in RL and produktion time savers are a must, but it has nothing to do with this game.
People play games to spend time and have fun, not to save time...... Next time your throwing a birthday party, then make it last for one hour and then throw people out with the words.... this is so we all can save some time for other stuff.
So now we both made at stupid comparison.

And when it get stupid its time to end it, so i think we just agree to disagree.

DeletedUser5429

So now we both made at stupid comparison.
You were first, mate. If you don't want people to answer you in some way, then don't use this way yourself. ;)
I do agree to disagree.
So, to sum up my point of view, spending useless time is useless and not funny. Diminishing this useless time to be able to do fun and/or uself things would be great.
Clicking 200 times to aid frineds/neighbours/guildmates is useful. Clicking 200 times and waiting 200 times to invest 2000 FPs is not. Aborting, moving your mouse across your screen and confirming abortion 140 times is not.

DeletedUser7855

up with this
Forget it bro, nobody cares. Not a single feature request or improvement was implemented since my first visit on beta.
Already left 5 of my 6 worlds and its time to say "goodbye" to the last one. Thank you Inno for that disbalanced downgrades and stupid "features", you made from money I donated. Bye, I have enough of that crap.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-09-18 - replaced an inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:

dolphin

Marquis
Forget it bro, nobody cares. Not a single feature request or improvement was implemented since my first visit on beta.
Already left 5 of my 6 worlds and its time to say "goodbye" to the last one.

For everyone who comments like this, over 1,000 (and more) leave with no feedback!

STOP THE CLICKFEST!

Make AID & Tavern easier to do.

DeletedUser5439

If anyone thought they weren't making money by selling us to the advertisers (and probably data collectors), that person is dangerously naive. I once asked someone if maybe they got a few cents every time we clicked - it would explain the clickfest the game has become. But on balance, I am still here. Not because the game is so fascinating - God knows, sometimes it's like going to work on a rainy Monday morning - but because I have met a lot of fun and interesting people here and I enjoy the interaction with (most of) the players.

What would make me happier is a way to decrease clicking, reconstruction mode on the main servers, time to breathe between events, and maybe a 12-hour option on builds (drop the 15-min and 48-hr options).

DeletedUser7334

I have to agree I know there has been days I have not aided because my fingers hurt or had my kids aid because my hands hurt. Ouch did I just say child labor? oh boy.