• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

stop the endless clicking

• Thread starter DeletedUser6529
  • Start date

DeletedUser4229

Yes, I agree. takes lots of time clicking on 6 worlds ... I'm not doing that every day ... really :)
And to compare it to before the Aid button: people just didn't m/p anymore. I'ts going that way again with added tavern-clicks.
There will be much more Aiding and sitting with 1 click for Guild, 1 for Friends and 1 for Neighbours (there may be a few neighbours you don't want to Aid)

DeletedUser6529

The clicking problem is biggest by the big devoted players who plays in several worlds, and they are getting more and more tired of it. That is actually the same players that are spending and buying diamonds the most. Something to think about for innogames.:eek:

DeletedUser8189

Is it possible to add a new tab in Friends Tavern with 3 possibilities: 1. help 75 guild members (costs 100 coins) . 2. Help 70 friends (costs 120 coins). 3. Help 70 extra friends (costs 150 coins)?

DeletedUser4282

Hopefully the devs will improve on this?
There should be colour in this and the buttons are to tiny!!

DeletedUser4256

Is it possible to add a new tab in Friends Tavern with 3 possibilities: 1. help 75 guild members (costs 100 coins) . 2. Help 70 friends (costs 120 coins). 3. Help 70 extra friends (costs 150 coins)?

better a tab to buy more than 1 FP with coins.
This is what happens when a player wants to buy 40 FP with coins to donate them to a players GB:

Entering the players city:
1- click on "+" FP bar to buy 1 FP (wait for the server response)
(go to 1 to buy one more FP)
2- click on players avatar (wait for loading)
3- locate and click on target GB (wait for loading)
4- click on "Use 10 FP" (wait for the process)
5- click on "Close" to close GB panel
(go to 1 to donate 10 more)
Total (14x4) = 56 clicks to buy and donate 40 FP

Using the GB icon on players avatar (worse):
2- click on player GB icon on players avatar (wait for loading)
3- locate the GB in the list and click on "Donate" (wait for loading)
4- click on "Use 10 FP" (wait for the process)
5- click on "Close" to close GB panel
6- click on "Ok" to close the list
Total (15x4) = 60 clicks to buy and donate 40 FP

Through the Town Hall (even worse):
2- click on Town Hall (wait for loading)
3- click on "News" tab
4- click on "Great Buidings" icon (wait for loading)
5- locate the GB in the list and click on "Donate" (wait for loading)
6- click on "Use 10 FP" (wait for the server response)
7- click on "Close" to close GB panel
8- click on "Ok" to close the list
Total (17x4) = 68 clicks to buy and donate 40 FP

I'm not a game designer but I'd say this is not the best example of efficiency in a game

try the 200+ clicks you need to invest 1000 fp in one GB (and yes, i refer to boosting here). i know some of my guild members developed rsi-related problems with their wrists due to this :/

DeletedUser

I remember when the 'Aid' feature was first added to the game.
There were many players that instantly hated it, said it was insult to their friends and guildies, threatened to never use it, and some threatened to quit the game. All over a feature that no one was forced to use. Now everyone uses it, and many act like they can't live without it (after all, how many of you really manually mot/pol anymore?).
My point is that no matter what we introduce in the game, some like it, some hate it, and there is no way to please everyone.
As to too much clicking I have to disagree. At some point players have to be required to interact with the game to actually play it. If it all becomes too automated we are no longer playing the game, we are just watching it.
It's a players choice as to if they play multiple cities, or have strategies that involve investing thousands of FP's at a time, etc.. That doesn't necessarily mean in the normal course of playing a world that the game is inherently click intensive.
However, I understand the feelings being stated here, and I will happily pass them along.

Pafton

Viceroy
There were many players that instantly hated it, said it was insult to their friends and guildies, threatened to never use it, and some threatened to quit the game.....
Really!? On what basis is it an insult to guildies and friends?

DeletedUser

Really!? On what basis is it an insult to guildies and friends?

Because back then players use to put their mot/pol preferences in their city names and descriptions. The Aid function ignored all that and just applied an action.

Pafton

Viceroy
Because back then players use to put their mot/pol preferences in their city names and descriptions. The Aid function ignored all that and just applied an action.
Some still do it now. But really, I never knew that there was hate once upon a time for it.

DeletedUser5429

Some still do it now. But really, I never knew that there was hate once upon a time for it.
Yes, there was a real hatred from some, who for example absolutely wanted to be polished, or who absolutely wanted to be motivated but not polished...
At the time they did not think that the Aid button being much quicker, more people would help them and that their towns would be motivated and polished.
That is, if you take a little time to manage your friend list, of course. ;)

RedRed

Viceroy
As to too much clicking I have to disagree. At some point players have to be required to interact with the game to actually play it. If it all becomes too automated we are no longer playing the game, we are just watching it.
It's a players choice as to if they play multiple cities, or have strategies that involve investing thousands of FP's at a time, etc.. That doesn't necessarily mean in the normal course of playing a world that the game is inherently click intensive.
true; however if some way to play is done by many players I think the game designers they should consider to make it smooth as possible. Remember that repetitive actions in games is probably the main reason that makes some players to leave and some other to use bots/scripts.

BRUDAN

Merchant
Zarok Daí,
When will the new way of depositing pf in GEs be deployed to live servers?
I'm anxious.

DeletedUser

true; however if some way to play is done by many players I think the game designers they should consider to make it smooth as possible. Remember that repetitive actions in games is probably the main reason that makes some players to leave and some other to use bots/scripts.

Understood :) That's why I am passing this feedback on for consideration. Though I don't think people use bots and/or scripts because of too much clicking. They use them to cheat.

DeletedUser3741

Understood :) That's why I am passing this feedback on for consideration. Though I don't think people use bots and/or scripts because of too much clicking. They use them to cheat.

Cheating is a reason too and those "players" use those bots/scripts in 24h basic to get advance in a game

The "non cheaters" use them to save time of repetitive actions and make their "lifes" easier. And believe me those with no intent to "cheat" and they just want more free time to deal with something more important factors of the game with not spending their time with repeated actions are way more

But we thank you for listening and passing our feedbacks. At last we have a hope someday something will be done with that :)

DeletedUser4229

I am actually already mopo-ing less, or should I say mopotaving now?

DeletedUser5383

There were many players that instantly hated it, said it was insult to their friends and guildies, threatened to never use it, and some threatened to quit the game. All over a feature that no one was forced to use. Now everyone uses it, and many act like they can't live without it (after all, how many of you really manually mot/pol anymore?).

Yes this was a for the betterment of the gameplay as this not only cut the amount of clicks, but also the time it took to finish a mot/poli run was a greatly reduced.

My point is that no matter what we introduce in the game, some like it, some hate it, and there is no way to please everyone.

Hey! the saying 'you can't please all of the people all of the time' is as old as the hills, so no change there.

The players can never NOT interact with the game, and players would not want that anyway.

This is a bone of contention with me at least, and totally unfair considering it's Inno that have moved the goalposts not the players.
To glibly state 'It's a players choice as to if they play multiple cities' would be true for those who have just started playing or within the last year. But what is absolutely unjust, and not taking into consideration that the vast majority of those players with multiple cities were started 3-4 years ago before the click-fest started, and the time and effort (and possible diamonds) are colossal that they have put in to build them up.
Inno were the ones who increased the click rate of the game by adding GE, and Tavern, both of which are click intensive, especially theTavern, which would be even worse had there not within minutes of it's conception, complaints that an indication of whether a seat was vacant or not was needed to cut the clicking on every player in our friends list to find that out.
Not only has the tavern created this double unnessercery clicking (where I'm seated in someones tavern is of no interest to me, and has no point in the game), but it has doubled my friends list which also needs aiding as well as visits.
As for GE, it would be an educated guess that the majority of guilds require a certain amount of GE activity, and now the prize is more likely to turn up 2-4 extra goes is not helping either when you have to do again on multiple worlds.
And the game now more pointed in the commercial direction since MGT joined, these endless events have not only added to the click-fest but have begun to become boring and repeditive, which is a shame as players and me included, waited in aticipation of the next event, now I wait with anticipation to just play FoE inbetween the events.
So because Inno have decided to put into place new features that are basically click-fests, your intimation is to get rid and only have the one city? I don't think Inno or MTG would be very happy that you intimate that their revenue sources be cut down?

However, I understand the feelings being stated here, and I will happily pass them along.

Thats great and thank you, but it would be better if the devs actually looked for themselves to gauge the intensity of the feeling of the feedback which with the best will in the world you can't do. And we know you pass along the feedback , but very rarely get any back.
It would also improve the player experience if the devs actually played the game, not at work with with a multiple gb internet pipe and computer systems with 120 gb of ram, unlimited diamonds etc? But at home on the own PC with ordinary internet access. and take a couple of years to build their cities up to the end of the tech tree. Let them experience the lag, the memory leak etc that we all have to put up with.
Also have a panel of players who know their stuff from the Beta forum, to use as a sounding board before even working on any new features to get their take on what would good or bad. If it had been in place before, things like the episodes of the Crystal villas and no indication on empty seats in the Tavern etc etc etc, would not have arisen and wasted devs time and players mental state constantly being mucked about, lessening the players playing experience.
Only then will FoE become something to look foreward to at the end of a hard day at work to relax the stress of the day, instead of adding to it now their commited to their cities and mates after so long playing and not wanting to waste those years of effort.

This was a game, it's become a chore, since Forge of Events became a click-fest.​

DeletedUser8150

@Zarok Dai

I'm sure most ppl (you can't indeed please all nor should you!) don't mind the mol/pot. After all its a gain on the manual mol/pot. But I don't think any of us understand why the tavern needs 2 clicks (+ click - pop up screen click ok) Surely like the Mol/Pot it can be one click and if I wish to see a tavern I can go in manually? Unless i've missed it i've never seen an explanation from the CCMs/Devs for why the behaviour is this way...

DeletedUser

Thats great and thank you, but it would be better if the devs actually looked for themselves to gauge the intensity of the feeling of the feedback which with the best will in the world you can't do. And we know you pass along the feedback , but very rarely get any back.

In an ideal world maybe, but in practical application unlikely. The devs do not have unlimited time, and trolling through forum posts would be a waste of their time that could be spent on coding. It is much more effective that they receive the summaries of the feedback of the communities from the CM's that represent those communities.
Yes it's true we do not often get direct feedback on the feedback we pass along, but again doing this would be a time sink. In a way we do get feedback. If the ideas passed along are useful then they are implemented, if they aren't implemented then that in itself is feedback in a way.

Also have a panel of players who know their stuff from the Beta forum, to use as a sounding board before even working on any new features to get their take on what would good or bad.

This is a concept I have been wanting to implement here for a long time, and I will be working to get this going here on Beta.

But I don't think any of us understand why the tavern needs 2 clicks

Maybe because they have not yet implemented an improvement for it. This doesn't mean they never will.

The "non cheaters" use them to save time of repetitive actions and make their "lifes" easier.

Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree on this point. If a player is using bots they are cheating plain and simple, no matter what justification they use for it, including making their lives easier.

Zarok Daí,
When will the new way of depositing pf in GEs be deployed to live servers?
I'm anxious.

It is still likely going to be some time. There are balancing and performance issues involved here, and as you have all seen recently, even with small changes the performance on the player side can be directly impacted. I personally think it's better to keep this in testing while all this is being worked out.

DeletedUser3741

Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree on this point. If a player is using bots they are cheating plain and simple, no matter what justification they use for it, including making their lives easier.

I tottaly agree with you .. Any use of bot/script is cheating ..I never said something different .. Thats why i use quotes on my message to describe the excuses they use for the cheating :)