• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

stop the endless clicking

• Thread starter DeletedUser6529
  • Start date

DeletedUser6529

I am sure there are many players like me that are relay tired of spending more than an hour a day just mechanically clicking to mot/pol or visiting taverns, I relay would like to have some buttons to mot/pol all in guild -friend and hood, the same for visiting all taverns possible. For me the thrill with the game is to develop Your town, battle in the hood or with guild and the social interaction that comes with this, NO MORE MECHANICAL CLICKING.

Support me with this and just reply YES,

I agree, but it may not be possible. It could freeze the servers if you have 120 friends and your computer is trying aid every one of them one by one. The server has to see if that person can be aided or not, and go down the priority list of what to aid, and generate a message of what you aided, and then generate BP if you get them, and then generate goods if you get them (from dynomite tower), ext. Thats a lot of work for the server! You may not literally be able to do anything with your city for 30+ minutes (depending on your internet) while the system checks down this list, because you're not going to be able to let it do it in the background.

Pafton

Viceroy
I agree, but it may not be possible. It could freeze the servers if you have 120 friends and your computer is trying aid every one of them one by one. The server has to see if that person can be aided or not, and go down the priority list of what to aid, and generate a message of what you aided, and then generate BP if you get them, and then generate goods if you get them (from dynomite tower), ext. Thats a lot of work for the server! You may not literally be able to do anything with your city for 30+ minutes (depending on your internet) while the system checks down this list, because you're not going to be able to let it do it in the background.

I agree. Quite a lot of work for our dear server who already can't handle the GvG lags.

DeletedUser6529

I don´t know all that much about servers but the check on who is possible to aid or visit is done at login and that takes seconds. If it is a big problem with the rewards you get for aiding or visiting You could skip them for this button. I would still use it, and the possibility to do it manually still is there.

qaccy

Emperor

Going to quote this again because I believe this is a big part of why such a thing isn't possible. There is no actual check whether you can aid someone at login, only the timer on the button - which you can click on regardless of whether or not they have something to aid, but the game still has to check their city when you click it. Now imagine having upwards of 200 of those button clicks queued up at a single time, and you can begin to see how this could be a problem for your personal experience, then add in the fact that there would be other players doing the exact same thing, and you can begin to see how it would be a problem for the server as well.

I take it you didn't play the game before we even had the aid button? If you think 5-10 minutes is bad, try spending 2 hours visiting each person's city one at a time and playing hide-and-seek trying to follow their city code. Woe unto you if you had a city on more than one server and you wanted to aid people on each one.

DeletedUser5434

I think Button-Users would be content to use it at Day's end, or when Logging off if possible, and they would happily work around a 30 min freeze. Even if Tech requirements work better by making it a lower priority task, and therefore maybe 60 minutes to complete, i would expect it to be very popular.

DeletedUser6529

Been thinking a little bit about this and my conclusion is that the server must do the calculation whether I do it with one click or with several. If I do it with one click the server don´t have to send feedback on every click so a button like this would actually reduce the server capacity rather than enlarge it. I DO NOT BUY THE ARGUMENT THAT IT WOULD SLOW DOWN THE SERVERS , RATHER THE OPPOSITE.

DeletedUser8009

How about we combine things - One button to aid/motivate/tavern sit 3 x players at one time.. So it will calculate it all with 3 x players at once instead of one at a time. its a good compromise..

i also put up a SORT order on the live US forum - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...ighbors-guild-tabs-at-bottom-of-screen.16507/ - basically to move all the players you can aid/soit onto one screen - & move the already-aided players tothe end of the list.

Aiding 3 at a time, will be good.. -good compromise ?

dolphin

Marquis
If I do it with one click the server don´t have to send feedback on every click so a button like this would actually reduce the server capacity rather than enlarge it. I DO NOT BUY THE ARGUMENT THAT IT WOULD SLOW DOWN THE SERVERS , RATHER THE OPPOSITE.

Now you got it.

Every click is a transaction that uses resources. A single click that does many similar tasks is much faster at the database level then multiple recurring click based tasks. It is also much faster on the communication layer.

DeletedUser6529

I don´t buy any compromise, normally not good one way or the other. Let´s just skip the retarded clicking , no point in having them . Steals a lot of time for players and as I have understood it, occupies a lot of server capacity unnecessarily.

dolphin

Marquis
Aid'ing was quicker tonight and on US B & T servers.

Now if it was possible to do "click and slide" collections on each AID page like city collection it would be a BIG step forward in reducing the endless clicking!