• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

jtrucker

Baronet
Makes no difference what you call it, it is still an error which should get corrected, not for now - too late, but for future.

MS.Mawoo

Merchant
started looking at layouts. the 'good' pieces of the set being the 1x1 and the 4x3, I started with the obvious doubling up of the 4x3:

View attachment 4756

the back side just needs to be T-ed into. At this point it's a very efficient FP-producing set (at about 0.46 FP/square including half-road where appropriate (9*0.5+2.5 for the T+45 for the buildings = 52 squares). 2*8+2x2+4x1 = 24 FP.

This requires a total of 8 pieces - 5 of which you will definitely want at level 2 for the FP, 3 of which may or may not matter to you if they're at level 1 or 2.

By comparison the abandoned asylum is 27.5 squares for 11 FP (0.40 FP/square).

I tried some monstrosities too but kept running into 'where does it stop?' issues as I tried to finish off the connections on outlying buildings.

A simple example of a more contorted shape getting 2 more moon gates in:
View attachment 4757

Because of the contorted nature of the roads it's no more efficient space-wise - but it is only 2 more level 2s and 2 level 1s for an extra 16 FP.

One final layout for 2 moon gates:

View attachment 4758
This might be easier to fit. It's slightly less efficient in terms of FP from my first layout but does require less pieces (1 more willow but 1 less fawn and 1 less standing stone) so should theoretically be easier to win. It also has the advantage of fitting into a fairly normal road layout seamlessly.

Edit: Another neat layout:
View attachment 4759
The Faery Rings are inactive (no road) so it doesn't matter they're not fully supported. There's 4 moon gates, 6 fawns, 2 willows, and 2 standing stones, all fully activated. It has space for two sentinel towers (the black dots), and puts out 44 FP in 90 squares including half-road (0.49 FP/square) even while discarding them as wasted space.

Edit: Just realised the FP bonus on the fawn is only at 2 connections, so those sentinel outpost spots can be partially-supported fawns for another 4 FP.
But you need 14 celtic set to do that, right? all in level 1 not level 2?

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But you know 14 celtic set to do that, right? all in level 1 not level 2?

Yes, those were just looked at from the perspective of what's possible if you go out and get the pieces, not what's realistic to get for free from the event (which at the time had not yet been determined).

Upon realising the (lack of) potential in the event I just took the lazy approach in my live worlds and will have a simple single set since I was not so overwhelmed with the set as to want to spend extra space on a double-set or diamonds on a quad-set. If I had a new world I was playing seriously I would've gone for a double-set layout with some pieces left at level 1 since new worlds desperately need all the daily FP they can add.

Perhaps next year I might consider transformations or perhaps power creep will have continued and i'll just be glad I'm not spending too much space on it and uninterested in expanding it further. It's unfortunate they balanced this event so stingily as the set did have interesting layout potential with extra pieces, but wasn't so strong as to believe this is something you're going to want for years.

MS.Mawoo

Merchant
Yes, those were just looked at from the perspective of what's possible if you go out and get the pieces, not what's realistic to get for free from the event (which at the time had not yet been determined).

Upon realising the (lack of) potential in the event I just took the lazy approach in my live worlds and will have a simple single set since I was not so overwhelmed with the set as to want to spend extra space on a double-set or diamonds on a quad-set. If I had a new world I was playing seriously I would've gone for a double-set layout with some pieces left at level 1 since new worlds desperately need all the daily FP they can add.

Perhaps next year I might consider transformations or perhaps power creep will have continued and i'll just be glad I'm not spending too much space on it and uninterested in expanding it further. It's unfortunate they balanced this event so stingily as the set did have interesting layout potential with extra pieces, but wasn't so strong as to believe this is something you're going to want for years.
yes nothing change from beta server all remains like beta server, the maximum fps with 10 kits its 22 fps?. Any other alternative for more fps with 8 kits + 2?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
yes nothing change from beta server all remains like beta server, the maximum fps with 10 kits its 22 fps?. Any other alternative for more fps with 8 kits + 2?

Yes. If you up it to 10 kits + 2 pieces you can go to 24. 14 kits + 2 can go as high as 37 (with a different 4-moon gate layout that has room for up to 4 more kits taking it to 42 FP with 18+2). And then there's the 26+2 quad layout at the end of my earlier post which is the most space efficient but I don't even want to think about how much work AND diamonds it'd take :p

Umbrathor

Baronet
I just finished my last city and was opening chests, but I now I am in a new city. How do I get back to the chests, I wasn't finished opening them? I cannot see a back button...
Support just answered that is impossible to get back to the chests. Please ask the developers to add a 'back' button so you can back to the chests screen, when you do not want to start a new city and want to continue opening chests.

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
you can't go back. The chests are gone at the moment you close the event window and a new city starts.

This happened to me too. :confused:
It is sad, especially at the end of the event since there is not enough time to finish another city, and we do have gold left. I can spend it in a new city but that is unlikely to get me another grand prize, whereas the chests would have gotten me several more prizes.

Sl8yer

Regent
It is sad, especially at the end of the event since there is not enough time to finish another city, and we do have gold left. I can spend it in a new city but that is unlikely to get me another grand prize, whereas the chests would have gotten me several more prizes.

Players were warned for this the moment it started here on beta. Finding out when the event has less than two days to go is rather late.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Players were warned for this the moment it started here on beta. Finding out when the event has less than two days to go is rather late.
Hey Slayer, where was this annouced? Maybe I missed it?

Regardless: announcing that it is not possible is a worse solution than making it possible to go back. After all, as the event ends we get more gold on the final day, which is best spent on chests. So players should be able to open chests with it, rather than have it go to waste. This is a second reason for introducing some way to get back to the chests screen.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Sl8yer (whose guild I'm in) wrote to me that it was mentioned early on in the feedback thread. That means a lot people probably do not know this. He also mentioned that people discovered they could not go back to their old city when they gone to the chests page, so apparently two 'go back' butons are needed: one to go from old city to chests and back, and one from chests to new city and back.

If for whetever reason a 'go back' buton is not possible, then please install a pop-up that says: "Are you sure you want to proceed, because you cannot go back' when people click the button.

And please make it so that if people are doing chests and have to restart the game for whatever reason, they are not shunted off to the new city, but can continue opening chests.

Sl8yer

Regent
Fun part of it, I knew it and are still left with 3k+ pots of gold I can not use, cause I can not make it to the next level :)

DeletedUser

I hope they do this event again because after the rebalancing I enjoyed it on the live servers.
It was the first event I had played wit that level of skill needed.

shad2389

Viceroy
awfull event hated it only good thing i got from that event is possibility to plunder more event buildings in my hoods
:mad: