• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please feedback below on the St Patrick's Day Event detailed here and report any bugs in the bug forum here.

You may have noticed we haven't supplied a date to start with. This is because we would first like your feedback on the Forum Announcement and the ease of understanding the Event and new Mechanic without yet seeing the Event.

Do you understand the Factories, the Ferry and the Managers? What is clear and what is not clear? Once the Event has started we'd also invite you to re-read the announcement and see if there is anything you would change.

I know you are impatient to start the new feature but we don't have a confirmed release date just yet.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for offering your feedback, and I really hope that you can ascertain how the event will work based on the announcement. We regularly adjust and tweak announcements based on your feedback, but this event is particularly hard to articulate, so we're hoping we can get an understanding of what we can adjust for the live announcement to reduce confusion for live release.

Cheers,
Richard

Feanor II

Baronet
First glance, very excited for this event!

If I've done my math correctly, the new set compares favorably with the Cherry Set:

Cherry (Level 2):
7 FP/25sq=.28 FP/sq/day
10 goods/25sq=.4 goods/sq/day

St Patrick (Level 2):
14 FP/30sq=.47 FP/sq./day
20 goods/30sq=.67 FP/sq/day

Military bonus difficult do since they're different, but a total of 22% of various sorts over 30 squares, while Cherry is the same over 25 squares.

The artwork is beautiful, and also very cool to see a mini-game style method of collecting prizes. Very much looking forward to starting this out tomorrow :)

kaymedic

Marquis
I dont get the event mechanic at all. Have to play it tomorrow to understand it :)

Is there again some diamond content (like the manager) and are the 6 chests similar to the reindeer collection?
How much rng will be involved or can someone with a good taktik be better than other players?
Do you have to log in more than once a day?

And again. Tomorrow it will be clear for me. But these would be my questions when I am only getting the announcement

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
I dont get the event mechanic at all. Have to play it tomorrow to understand it :)

Is there again some diamond content (like the manager) and are the 6 chests similar to the reindeer collection?
How much rng will be involved or can someone with a good taktik be better than other players?
Do you have to log in more than once a day?

And again. Tomorrow it will be clear for me. But these would be my questions when I am only getting the announcement
Thanks! That's a shame. It'd be great if once you've had a chance to play, you return to let me know what I could have said to help you understand it. I get its hard to know just yet.

No, there isn't a feature like the Reindeer Collection in this event. The Managers are all paid for with Pots of Gold, which are the event's primary currency. You earn these from quests and incidents. You can buy more for Diamonds, of course. The 6 chests you can open with Pots of Gold.

There isn't really an RNG mechanic in the event. Its more about managing the various factories in the event window to output Shamrocks. There is the usual random mechanic associated with the 6 chests (in so far that you don't know which one holds which of the 6 prizes).

You don't have to login more than once per day, unless you want to :) The idea of idle games is you basically set the productions off and they play themselves whilst you're offline, too. Being actively online will allow you to more efficiently spend your Shamrocks, though. E.g. if you're offline for several hours, your productions will continue to collect shamrocks, but only at the rate your factories are currently upgraded to. If you were online and checking in more often, you can spend your Shamrocks to increase your overall output. So actively playing does pay off, but isn't required.

DeletedUser

First, I'm not a native speaker of English. I'm pretty confused after reading the announcement. It sounds very complicated and like a lot to do. It seems to be much more time consuming than opening chests or choosing players or frogs. That makes me think if I want to play it at all. But luckily for you, the new set looks so gorgeous that I definitely want to have one for my main city on live. Hopefully seeing it ingame will make things clearer and it turns out to be as easy as the frogs and players.

Feanor II

Baronet
The mini-game does sound somewhat involved, but IMO that's a good thing (this is purely subjective though). I am looking forward to trying it out to get a better handle on the mechanics. It seems to be at least somewhat based on the Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal ships.

DeletedUser5324

what about road connections?
will connecting 1 building will be sufficient?
would be fine if info would be added accordingly, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What is completely unclear is the last part with the Grand Prizes and the Stages.

Is the "Next Stage" always reached when a Grand Prize is reached? Are the Forge Points on the right in the picture with the stage chests the Grand Prize? If not, which progress in "Once you've selected your stage prizes, the progress will be reset" is reset? And what production can be started over? Are the factories and ships and festival not working while I'm in an end of stage phase?

Zeitlose

Merchant
Awesome, I am looking forward to playing the event. I am not sure whether I understood the game in every detail, but I think I have a picture.

Right now I don't have a clue how to find a strategy to spend my pots of gold most efficiently. But I hope to find it by playing. ;)

DeletedUser9851

OK so, from what I can see, Level 2 for all buildings connected together would provide the following bonuses:

12 FP
Medals
20 Random goods
Supplies
6% Supplies boost
4% Attack bonus for attacking army
6% Attack bonus for defending army
6% Defense bonus for defending army
6% Defense bonus for attacking army

Is it possible that those Attack & Defense bonuses are for a lower Era? I hope so, because as a SAM-Era player, if such a large setup only provides me a 4% Attack Boost for Attacking Units (the 6% for Defending Units is a meh for me, since I do not focus on increasing my city Defense Boost %), then I will pass (I can get 3% from a Contestant's Estate, which has a 3X2 size) :)

As for the mechanics/gameplay, let's wait and see when the Event will start (although I agree with others that this Extra Reward via Chests could be confusing if not better explained)

kaymedic

Marquis
Thanks! That's a shame. It'd be great if once you've had a chance to play, you return to let me know what I could have said to help you understand it. I get its hard to know just yet.

No, there isn't a feature like the Reindeer Collection in this event. The Managers are all paid for with Pots of Gold, which are the event's primary currency. You earn these from quests and incidents. You can buy more for Diamonds, of course. The 6 chests you can open with Pots of Gold.

There isn't really an RNG mechanic in the event. Its more about managing the various factories in the event window to output Shamrocks. There is the usual random mechanic associated with the 6 chests (in so far that you don't know which one holds which of the 6 prizes).

You don't have to login more than once per day, unless you want to :) The idea of idle games is you basically set the productions off and they play themselves whilst you're offline, too. Being actively online will allow you to more efficiently spend your Shamrocks, though. E.g. if you're offline for several hours, your productions will continue to collect shamrocks, but only at the rate your factories are currently upgraded to. If you were online and checking in more often, you can spend your Shamrocks to increase your overall output. So actively playing does pay off, but isn't required.

I was not familiar with idle games (and still don't get it why it should be so much different to other games). But now I get at least the basic mechanics from your last paragraph. Will have to see tomorrow how I can play it effectively to get most out of it :)

Feanor II

Baronet
OK so, from what I can see, Level 2 for all buildings connected together would provide the following bonuses:

12 FP
Medals
20 Random goods
Supplies
6% Supplies boost
4% Attack bonus for attacking army
6% Attack bonus for defending army
6% Defense bonus for defending army
6% Defense bonus for attacking army

Is it possible that those Attack & Defense bonuses are for a lower Era? I hope so, because as a SAM-Era player, if such a large setup only provides me a 4% Attack Boost for Attacking Units (the 6% for Defending Units is a meh for me, since I do not focus on increasing my city Defense Boost %), then I will pass (I can get 3% from a Contestant's Estate, which has a 3X2 size) :)

As for the mechanics/gameplay, let's wait and see when the Event will start (although I agree with others that this Extra Reward via Chests could be confusing if not better explained)

If I'm counting correctly it should be 14 FP, assuming a properly-configured set of Level-2s (8 for the Moon Gate, 4 for Faery Rings, and 2 for Majestic Fawn). Also important to note the attacking army also receives a 6% defense boost, so you do have a total of 10% boost going to your attacking army (same as Cherry-LV2) it's just not in the same configuration and it's over 30 squares instead of 25 so slightly less efficient.

Overall the Celtic set is making a small sacrifice in terms of military efficiency for a large increase in FP efficiency. I can live with that :) Only thing is it's not real clear what needs a road connection, unless I'm missing it in the announcement (presumably it's a mix of residential, cultural, and deco and I can guess at it but confirmation would be great!). If it has to be connected on three sides that obviously hurts. But we'll see when it rolls out tomorrow.

DeletedUser9851

If I'm counting correctly it should be 14 FP, assuming a properly-configured set of Level-2s (8 for the Moon Gate, 4 for Faery Rings, and 2 for Majestic Fawn). Also important to note the attacking army also receives a 6% defense boost, so you do have a total of 10% boost going to your attacking army (same as Cherry-LV2) it's just not in the same configuration and it's over 30 squares instead of 25 so slightly less efficient.

Overall the Celtic set is making a small sacrifice in terms of military efficiency for a large increase in FP efficiency. I can live with that :) Only thing is it's not real clear what needs a road connection, unless I'm missing it in the announcement (presumably it's a mix of residential, cultural, and deco and I can guess at it but confirmation would be great!). If it has to be connected on three sides that obviously hurts. But we'll see when it rolls out tomorrow.
14 FPs you are right my bad :p

However, you cannot add (for your Attacking Units) a 6% Defense Bonus to a 4% Attack Boost and then say that this army gets a 10%! Your Attacking Units would get a 4%/6% Boost not a 10% ;)

And this is not the same as for a Level 2 Sakura Rock, which gives you a 10% Attack Boost (in SAM Era) ;)

DeletedUser10163

The bonusses from the set look great, but at first glance i seriously wonder how you can create a setup that allows you to get enough connections.
To me this looks more like the winter set which i never put in my village and sold to the antique dealer when i ran out of GE buildings to sell.

Do you understand the Factories, the Ferry and the Managers? What is clear and what is not clear? Once the Event has started we'd also invite you to re-read the announcement and see if there is anything you would change.

Thx guys for the interesting information about the event.
I guess, the idea isn't really hard to understand: produce some goods in the factory and deliver them via ferry to the festival. You can hire a manager for the factory, which automate this process. Thats at least what I understand from the announcement.
But of course, there are some questions: Has the factory the same production times as Supplies factory (5min, 15min 1h, 4h, 8h, 1d)?
And what if you wont hire a manager? Can you collect it on your own?
Of course, such question will be more clearer when you start with the event.

I like the idea with the gif in the announcement. Maybe you could add symbol of the shamrock into the notice. Then for non native english speaker would be a bit clearer ;)

Is it possible that those Attack & Defense bonuses are for a lower Era? I hope so, because as a SAM-Era player, if such a large setup only provides me a 4% Attack Boost for Attacking Units

Well, it is more a FP generating set (+14 with lvl 2) with some extra boost for attacking and defending, than a classic boost set. So for me I'm happy with that. It will replace a TF, which mean +9 FP and an additional small fighting boost.

i seriously wonder how you can create a setup that allows you to get enough connections.

Have a look here. The complete set was already posted in the spoiler section:

Last edited:

Feanor II

Baronet
14 FPs you are right my bad :p

However, you cannot add (for your Attacking Units) a 6% Defense Bonus to a 4% Attack Boost and then say that this army gets a 10%! Your Attacking Units would get a 4%/6% Boost not a 10% ;)

And this is not the same as for a Level 2 Sakura Rock, which gives you a 10% Attack Boost (in SAM Era) ;)
I don't disagree with that anything you posted. I said in my post:
so you do have a total of 10% boost going to your attacking army (same as Cherry-LV2) it's just not in the same configuration
(emphasis added).

We can debate whether 4%/6% is better, worse, or equal to10%/0%, but my point was that attacking army stats do go up by 10% total. I'd actually prefer the 4%/6% combination, but that's just my opinion-that will depend on fighting priorities, current stats, favorite strategies/tactics, etc. which obviously vary from player to player.