• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10047

I managed to get two base pieces of the set and 8 selection kits. I didn't follow any particular strategy and even started a day late because I didn't know there was a mini-game involved. I didn't try to complete every task - if I saw it would take too long, I skipped it. I tried to save Pots of Gold and not spend them on the mini-game too much. I didn't use Pots of Gold to get items after completing each city, only taking the freebee.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I managed to get two base pieces of the set and 8 selection kits. I didn't follow any particular strategy and even started a day late because I didn't know there was a mini-game involved. I didn't try to complete every task - if I saw it would take too long, I skipped it. I tried to save Pots of Gold and not spend them on the mini-game too much. I didn't use Pots of Gold to get items after completing each city, only taking the freebee.
So you did 15+ rounds of the mini game? Or did we overlook some way to get kits?

podkap1970

Emperor
it's certainly possible to to õne game per day - it just doesn't make any sense ... o_O

btw: he should have the "over the rainbow" gold award to prove that.
show it to us @dontwannaname :);)
i did also 15 runs,
in the first 2 hours there was some clicking to get all your factories running
after that, you have to check your event window few times, to update shipyard and festival manager, to 250 and to 300
i will get the wishing well a 2nd time in 2-3 hours (as grand prize)

if you are well prepared, i think you can do smooth and easy runs :)

i did also 15 runs,
i will get the wishing well a 2nd time in 2-3 hours (as grand prize)
wow - there is really people loving this game. o_O :oops::eek:

btw: when you do five limbo-rounds and open 4 sets of chests you don't just save a lot of clicking, you also get the same amount of prices:

grand prices to 2nd wishing well +15 free chests = 21+15 = 36 prices

grand prices to third celtic kit + 4 rounds of chests + 1 free chest = 7 + 28 + 1 = 36 prices

and i would argue at least one or two prices in each set of chests are better than main prices.

i got:

* three wishing wells
* plus rogue hideout + shrink kit
* plus piazza set
* plus grand bridge set
* plus 2 gondola markets
* plus 4 premium buildings ...

podkap1970

Emperor
i got:

* three wishing wells
* plus rogue hideout + shrink kit
* plus piazza set
* plus grand bridge set
* plus 2 gondola markets
* plus 4 premium buildings ...
its kinda the same as you get from the grand prizes, plus opening free chests (14x free chests)
i got 2x sentinel outpost lvl 1 plus 2x the upgrade to lvl 2,
4 WW
2 WW shrink kit
2 SoK
2 premium culture
2x tactician lvl 1 plus 3x upgrade to lvl 2
Grand Bridge selection Kit
2 Reno Kits
2 Premium Deko!

and i know its a lot more work to do that many city runs, instead of opening 4x all 6 chests :)

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
yes good job: thanks to guys like you who actively show their active appreciation for limboing that event style might actually come back ... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You're welcome ♥ and yes, I'm one of the players, who like this kind of style, too. It's more fun for me to click around several times a day with different tasks than daily just kicking a football 5 times. I admit not everyone has the time to limbo around all day - for them there is the chest option. But I appreciate very much, that there are more than one option to do the Event. I also admit, I didn't like it in the beginning, most because I spent too much PoGs and had some full days being stuck with manager tasks or something else and I still don't like the idea, that they didn't change it. But the more I think about it, I can feel the intention behind and that's not such bad at all :). I appreciate that they added the "tutorial" for live-servers - it might be helpful for players who don't want to read 70 pages or watch the videos. On the other hand it would have been nice to just inform us about the changes they implented for live servers instead of letting us think they would bring it live unchanged. That might have smoothed the moods here and given us at least a feeling of being heard a bit.

normal event:

* wait eagerly for event to start
* do first handful of quests
* be happy and look forward to the cool prices

this event:

* look forward with shock and awe to the event
* do first handful of quests
* f*** !!! i have to spend another two hours now to set up my cities
* do the f*** tutorial on EVERY CITY WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SKIP - THANKS A LOT INNO!!!

I admit not everyone has the time to limbo around all day - for them there is the chest option.
that's a very *** observation:
you still have to do at least five limbo rounds to get the full set, JUST TO ACCESS THE BLOODY CHESTS. :mad:

Last edited:

DeletedUser3885

The stupidest event you've ever invented with a big shameful prize!
You should return your salary to Inno and give one apologyze for the players!!!
Shame on you! Shame on you!
You are ridiculous!
I miss Anwar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atokirina

Squire
The event is easy to get 9-10 pieces and a complete (or close enough) level 2 set. Annoying but not hard and with lots of time leeway (like 10 days worth).

If you work your ass off and no-life it you can get to 11-12 by running cities as tight as you can and skipping the right tasks.

13+ takes diamonds no matter what (and diamond spenders have to work hard to boot if they want to increase mileage of those diamonds :p)

It's very easy to do "ok" - just don't do anything dumb (extraneous manager levels, time skips, buying 2-5 chests or 7+ at stage end (1 is free, 6 is an efficient-enough set kit, 2-5 is wasting pots of gold for no progress, 7+ requires you to spend an additional 3900 for a kit instead of 1900 for a kit; they really need to communicate the 1900 pots of gold at stage end better - i.e. rather than showing all 6 as free perhaps they should grey out 5 of them and show the prices they *will* be)

It's not at all rewarding to try and do better than ok - way more work for little more reward.
What level does the Festival, Ship and Firework need to be?

DeletedUser8887

where can I find a picture that shows how to put together this set? preferably a picture that shows the pieces slightly separated so it's easy to tell which is which. Thanks in advance

DeletedUser8887

My biggest problem with this event was that I didn't get enough information at the start. I leveled up managers right away and got beyond what you needed to do for the quests. That got me in a hole for pots and I was never able to recover, even by spending 3k diamonds. For me, this event on Beta was very frustrating because I was constantly short on pots.

I see that there are a couple of videos provided with the event on the live servers. I have not watched them and won't. I have watched videos for other events and have not found them useful. My sense is that the videos are more about being cute than about providing useful information.

I found a video on YouTube with a good tutorial and have been following it on the live US servers and it is working well so far.

Havik79

Baronet
The event ended for me with 3k in pots of gold that I could do nothing with, absolute catastrophic complete failure, worst event ever, well until they clone it.