• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Kronan

Viceroy
St Patrick Day Event Feedback (along with other event feedback given recently...):

1) Level 10 upgrade kit (ArchDruid): Somehow, I obtained 100 fragments of the LEVEL 10 upgrade kit as I played, so now that my BASE unit is @ level 9, it will take me 50 days to get level 10. No personal complaints - I will grind that out - but I think I got lucky getting those 100. I haven't spent diamonds or cash. I just played the game. I do think that if people got none, or just 50, they would be miffed to wait about 5 months to get the level 10 upgrade.

2) TREES: Not a fan of these 3 trees OR that they each need a road, OR that they are as fragmented as you've made them - as a new game offering. What were you guys thinking making these trees so ill suited to our needs? I haven't heard any feedback from beta players that these are of value for newbies or veterans. I don't think they'll get a warm welcome in the live game, either. Most likely they'll go directly to the Auction Dealer when they FRAGMENT-mature, or even before.
Suggestion: if you want us to spend CASH, and diamonds, you're going to have to design game-compelling features and deliver city-compelling value.

3) Premium Track: Also seems just ho-hum. Just saying. I look at that from my beta city's perspective and from live too (while I play beta), and I can't see any value there for the cash it takes to open it. Once again, I am not a fan of spending cash for each event every 6-8 weeks, or truth be told, at all. I've played this game for a while and it was set up to pay cash for diamonds, which I've done as I grew my city. Not sure how else to tell you this - seems to be a consensus perspective of your players.

A look to the future:

In my opinion, the game community is weary of events, with little downtime between them. I would suggest the following SHIFT in focus:
1) Create quarterly (4/year) super events vs the now 6-8 current events.
2) Keep the 2 progress tracks as you have them (if you use the same design)
3) For the events, make them deeper and richer in items of value as players progress during the year. The value can be theme cumulative, so that something as a prize or milestone achieved in event 1 of a year could be fully extended by a mechanism in event 2, so by event 3 of that year it's decent or in some ways, high-value and city usable, but could still grow through event 3, and into 4.

Idea: A "mini-GB" is a great idea, too. Earn the shell in Event 1 and while we wait for event 2, we have "homework" in our daily playing to get it prepped for event 2. Homework could be innovative as well - FP investment from other players (like current GB have), finding a certain amount of good to invest in the infant event building, some other elixir or special potion we find as a incident, etc.. MAKE IT an ADVENTURE to get it ready for the second event upgrade, and furthering the power it eventually can deliver.

4) This fits nicely into giving "shell" buildings, and allowing them to be recharged via kits we earn or buy, maybe on the premium line.

You guys need to shake this up a bit to break some old game habits. We're getting good at complaining and some of it is justified. I'd really like to see the concensus of this community say:

Great job Inno - I'll spend some diamonds, and maybe some cash - you aced it.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
St Patrick Day Event Feedback (along with other event feedback given recently...):

1) Level 10 upgrade kit (ArchDruid): Somehow, I obtained 100 fragments of the LEVEL 10 upgrade kit as I played, so now that my BASE unit is @ level 9, it will take me 50 days to get level 10. No personal complaints - I will grind that out - but I think I got lucky getting those 100. I haven't spent diamonds or cash. I just played the game. I do think that if people got none, or just 50, they would be miffed to wait about 5 months to get the level 10 upgrade.

2) TREES: Not a fan of these 3 trees OR that they each need a road, OR that they are as fragmented as you've made them - as a new game offering. What were you guys thinking making these trees so ill suited to our needs? I haven't heard any feedback from beta players that these are of value for newbies or veterans. I don't think they'll get a warm welcome in the live game, either. Most likely they'll go directly to the Auction Dealer when they FRAGMENT-mature, or even before.
Suggestion: if you want us to spend CASH, and diamonds, you're going to have to design game-compelling features and deliver city-compelling value.

3) Premium Track: Also seems just ho-hum. Just saying. I look at that from my beta city's perspective and from live too (while I play beta), and I can't see any value there for the cash it takes to open it. Once again, I am not a fan of spending cash for each event every 6-8 weeks, or truth be told, at all. I've played this game for a while and it was set up to pay cash for diamonds, which I've done as I grew my city. Not sure how else to tell you this - seems to be a consensus perspective of your players.

A look to the future:

In my opinion, the game community is weary of events, with little downtime between them. I would suggest the following SHIFT in focus:
1) Create quarterly (4/year) super events vs the now 6-8 current events.
2) Keep the 2 progress tracks as you have them (if you use the same design)
3) For the events, make them deeper and richer in items of value as players progress during the year. The value can be theme cumulative, so that something as a prize or milestone achieved in event 1 of a year could be fully extended by a mechanism in event 2, so by event 3 of that year it's decent or in some ways, high-value and city usable, but could still grow through event 3, and into 4.

Idea: A "mini-GB" is a great idea, too. Earn the shell in Event 1 and while we wait for event 2, we have "homework" in our daily playing to get it prepped for event 2. Homework could be innovative as well - FP investment from other players (like current GB have), finding a certain amount of good to invest in the infant event building, some other elixir or special potion we find as a incident, etc.. MAKE IT an ADVENTURE to get it ready for the second event upgrade, and furthering the power it eventually can deliver.

4) This fits nicely into giving "shell" buildings, and allowing them to be recharged via kits we earn or buy, maybe on the premium line.

You guys need to shake this up a bit to break some old game habits. We're getting good at complaining and some of it is justified. I'd really like to see the concensus of this community say:

Great job Inno - I'll spend some diamonds, and maybe some cash - you aced it.
I don't think quarterly events would be a good idea. They'd be too long and would get very boring. Their questlines would have to be hundreds of quests.

I think players aren't tired of events, but they are tired of events being harder and harder for free to play players. I don't want to have to grind tons of towns the St. Patrick's Day Event only to hope that the Archdruid Hut Fragments show up. I don't want to have to play only one way in the Forge Bowl Event without purchasing the Ultimate Coach to ensure a fully leveled Pergola. I don't want to have to hope to be lucky enough to place in the Bronze League in league events. I don't want to play an event where the odds feel intentionally stacked against free players to "encourage" payment.

I like the current event schedule. It keeps the game fresh with new content when we only get one new age per year, with the very rare new gameplay feature (GBG was released in 2019, for reference) that IS NOT focused on monetization (looking at you, Castle System). But it is becoming increasingly frustrating to see each event turn into a new contender for most monetized event where a free to play players has to either be lucky or wait nearly half a year to get their reward.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
The core advantage of WW/FoY is the low-effort. This is why it's considered the standard in diamond mining. People aren't looking to put as much time into their "mine" worlds as they do their main. Which rules out GBG entirely. If you're GBGing for diamonds, it's just another main.

If *getting* the wells has ceased to be low-effort (used to be you could just do whatever was lazily possible in an event, spend your event currency on the well day, and get a few wells), that's a pretty effective deterrent to new diamond mines. A GE4 diamond mine takes quite a bit of setup before it's ready to mine efficiently as well (along with more time to actually do the GE4 every week).

A GE4 run being worth 150 diamonds sounds about right - compared to 7 Collections of WW a week, that's ~43 wells worth.

As for in-depth discussion of current diamond mine strategies, I don't think it's really in the players best interest to have such a discussion in the open on inno forums ;) Some of the details of the less-popular strategies (i.e. how to set them up efficiently) being obscure may be what protects them. Someone could go through and make a "things to nerf" list :p
You can continue to explain in every detail why WW/FoY farms are the basic. Still I never meant that Inno didn't do a thing to limit WW/FoY. That was the only thing they've patched in the diamond farming practice, it doesn't protect the game from mass diamond farming from GE4 and GbF.
It also doesn't change a thing of Inno not patching the mass diamond farming practice. If an in-depth discussion isn't in the "best interest" im surprised that you've jumped so eagerly into the discussion and dragged it on in an active beta event. It's also in the best interest of players that Inno patches it. I know you'll disagree just because it's nice to get premium stuff without paying for it. But when Forge is shut down because of it, death of a 1.000 cuts, you know what I mean that it is in the player's best interest. Even if they don't know and think that way, much like a child who doesn't understands and think getting stopped eating tons of sugary snacks is in its best interest.

For the future, if you're so eagerly to discuss off-topic stuff. Pls make a new discussion topic. Rather than pushing so hard and forward just a single sentence, regarding an observation.

I'd really appreciate seeing LESS tasks related to upgrading managers. Seems like there's more this year, particularly pushing festival/boat manager to level 4 and some productions to level 2. Its really easy to just block out your entire tasks with manager upgrades and then you literally cannot do anything else.

The most frustrating part of the game is the last section - pushing festival/boat to level 300 even though it takes over 100 productions to buy one level and only resulted in less than 0.01% increase in value - only 4% upgrade from 299 to 300 which is still in the low trillions per cycle.

Kronan

Viceroy
@UBERhelp1

I don't think quarterly events would be a good idea. They'd be too long and would get very boring. Their questlines would have to be hundreds of quests.

I didn't mean the event would run the entire quarter, just 1 event during each quarter (so 4 total yearly events), for about the same time they run now (3-4 weeks or so), possibly 1 week longer.

What takes you to the "next" of the 4 is the homework you have to do from the last one, to get to the next one. It's a yearly event/quest of sorts.

Players are tired of 6-8 events/year. That's why they keep getting buffed after they leave beta space, and head over to live space. Adoption and interest in LIVE are demonstrating a wane, so Inno tried now twice to sweeten them for core live interest and to help justify more diamond cost AND direct cash cost to players.

I believe this "historic" model is now tired, and needs refreshing or a complete review for applicability with the current player base.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
I don't think I'll do 12 towns again on live to gain the fragments required for the archdruid hut

I did 16 this time, on my way to 17th town, with few pots to mess them around, the ones from tomorrow and last day.
I got 2 times the Fragments in 14th and 15th town, when already I reached the 450 tasks milestone.

It is possible to reach in time 19.5 cities needed for 600 fragments for those very, very, very unlucky players, I missed several tens of hours of collecting or upgrading stuff into the minigame.

But yeah, I agree with You, is boring and time consuming every beggining of a new town, but the app version of Forge of Empires on Android comes handy, I can't take the laptops nor computers with me to babysit the event all the time. :))

Was the numbering wrong for the questline? I thought I completed it yesterday and that I would only get the 100 gold reward today. But I got a quest (an extra one?) for 150 pots and an avatar. I got the questline's final upgrade yesterday, not today.

Ninjaed! How appropriate.

-Alin-

Emperor
Was the numbering wrong for the questline? I thought I completed it yesterday and that I would only get the 100 gold reward today. But I got a quest (an extra one?) for 150 pots and an avatar. I got the questline's final upgrade yesterday, not today.

Ninjaed! How appropriate.
It was a bug on their part, are 35+22 rush quests, so 57 in total.

So aren't 2 days at the end left, just one because in beta 57th quest was missing on the table, also the portrait too was missing, now it makes sense why it wasn't in the rush quests untill now.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Druid Hut level 9 placed successfully and I have extra druid level 1. By next year this time (already having 100 fragments of golden kit), I will have three Archdruid golden upgrade kits with me because of druid Hut level 9 (50+ 300 = 350, 15 days short of 365days). But it is of no use with those Archdruid kits until my extra druid Hut level 1 turned into level 9.

Is that the case where Golden kit won't work as normal druid Hut upgrade kit.

Tanmay11

Regent
got fragments twice.
first time after completing 4 towns
2nd time was useless because i got it after 14th town and I already had to grind 450 tasks.

how is it fair if someone got all the fragments after doing 10 or less towns and some of us had do 4-5 more and still there was no guarantee of getting all the frags immediately.

my guildmate got twice at 14th and 15 town...
do you really expect a average player to follow spreadsheet etc?

last year it was possible to get max celtic farmstead after doing just 5 towns and buying the chests at the end of some...

Astrid

Baronet
A great event ruined by a decision led by greed. And the irony is that the Arch whatever hut is not even better than the Heroes Tavern / Mountain Reserve. As long as the Tree of Vitality requires a road, it's not better than both Nutcracker Guardhouse and Sentinel Outpost. What I regret is that both Celtic Farmstead and Druid Temple are hard to get without Epic Kit among the chests rewards.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Did anyone attempt to plunder druid hut and obtain rewards successfully? For random production, did they allow plundering is the first question in my mind, but I don't find any information regarding it.
@Juber , Hope you know the information exactly. Please share it.

-Alin-

Emperor
A great event ruined by a decision led by greed. And the irony is that the Arch whatever hut is not even better than the Heroes Tavern / Mountain Reserve. As long as the Tree of Vitality requires a road, it's not better than both Nutcracker Guardhouse and Sentinel Outpost. What I regret is that both Celtic Farmstead and Druid Temple are hard to get without Epic Kit among the chests rewards.

Druid temple kit is in chests actually, just got it this morning, alongside several for farmstead, not that really hard to obtain them, though, but You need luck to find them.
Screenshot_20230126-100340-124.png

Astrid

Baronet
Druid temple kit is in chests actually, just got it this morning, alongside several for farmstead, not that really hard to obtain them, though, but You need luck to find them.
View attachment 8806
I finished several towns, don't remember how many exactly, I am at 460 progress and only once I encountered a Druid Temple kit. The Celtic Farmstead indeed appeared more often, but the Druid Temple kit was a rarity for me. That's why I believe that the best workaround is to offer a guaranteed epic kit in the chests.

Kommodor

Merchant
I finished several towns, don't remember how many exactly, I am at 460 progress and only once I encountered a Druid Temple kit. The Celtic Farmstead indeed appeared more often, but the Druid Temple kit was a rarity for me. That's why I believe that the best workaround is to offer a guaranteed epic kit in the chests.
in 14 cities, I received the temple of the druid 5 times, and if I remember, I probably did not meet him in chests 2-3 times..