• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event 2021

Owl II

Emperor
12 towns :) you're crazy :)
I don't disagree ;)
Last year I did a lazy version. And I think it is not lazy at all. It requires precise calculations and control. If you gape or stumble somewhere, you'll have to make up for it by buying pots. This year I decided to try the second option. I liked it better.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Its just badly designed event, which inno probably knows from last year 60 page thread and just copy and pasted the whole thing without changing a lick of it. The concept of the game is good, but the way it was implemented is way unbalanced.

Most of my guildies will have a level 9 building, but not enough pots of gold to get to 10. We're just not given enough from the daily quests to get enough upgrades to PLAY THE GAME and do the city tasks. Its pretty backwards to do better by not playing an event and only doing a few cities. That somehow doing the cities costs MORE pots per upgrade due to having to play 2-3 cities than to collect all of the chests at the end of one city. I seriously don't think any of the devs thought any of the numbers through on this.

Its also getting real arduous for me to sit here while my level 295 festival only churns out 600B shamrocks and the next blipping upgrade costs 1000x that at 160T or 1Q to get to level 300. The calculator estimates that my next ONE level will come in 88 minutes. REAL arduous.
+1 from previous event chest and it is at max level
We all already opened that. We're still 1 short even with the final quest reward.
Did you count the selection kits? I also thought that I would be one short, until I checked my inventory and discovered I have two selection kits,m in addition to a lvl 1 and 6 upgrades. That's nine in all, and I will get two more - from the final quest and one more from city progress assigments. So I am wuite certain that I will have one selection kit to spare. If I got that one from the surpise box, that means that players should be able to complete the main building by doing this event alone, without neding the surprise box.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Not sure whether I gave feedback for this event yet, so I will now. Apologies if it is double.

Good:
  • Two ways of getting the upgrades (buying chests or doing as many towns as possible) that allows different styles of play, and allows the player to choose between rhe chest rewards and the 50-tasks rewards (I did a mix: I prefer the task rewards and did multiple cities, bought a few extra chests for 50 or 100 gold when there were multiple intreesting chest rewards I could cherry pick, and once bought all 6 chests to get the druid temple upgrade)
  • The building is quite okay, though I am not thrilled about it. Which is positive in that it does not contibute to the event building inflation
  • It seems the surpise box really does give a head start, and its not needed to complete the building. It is good to have a bonus from completing an earlier event, a little surplus helps in case people have to deal with a setback. So I am very happy with the creative solution of the Surprise Box (as long as it continues to be an extra / surplus / head start)
  • The luck factor for this event is very small, which is good

While I still dislike the amount of time managing the cities costs me, I realize the option to buy chests would probably allow me to complete the event with a more laid back play style. Since I have six cities on live servers, I may have to choose that path. It grates me though, since I prefer the hard work route. Both for the better prizes (from tasks) and for the gratifcation. But 10 or 12 cities on six servers... yikes.

So, all considered, I guess my negative opinion about this event from last year is less so, this year. It is far from my favorite, but not the worst, as the carnival event was.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Did you count the selection kits? I also thought that I would be one short, until I checked my inventory and discovered I have two selection kits,m in addition to a lvl 1 and 6 upgrades. That's nine in all, and I will get two more - from the final quest and one more from city progress assigments. So I am wuite certain that I will have one selection kit to spare. If I got that one from the surpise box, that means that players should be able to complete the main building by doing this event alone, without neding the surprise box.

Check well, I have a Selection kit too, but it is from Celtic Forest. It belongs to last year's event

celtic.jpg

Umbrathor

Baronet
Check well, I have a Selection kit too, but it is from Celtic Forest. It belongs to last year's event

View attachment 6520
I checked, and the two I have are really called 'Druid temple Selection kit'. I must have gotten them either from the Surprise box, or from doing multiple cities. Maybe even from one of the chest rewards. EDIT: I think I got one from buying six chests. Not sure how I got the other one.

.druidtemple.jpg

BritishBoy

Marquis
I don't disagree ;)
Last year I did a lazy version. And I think it is not lazy at all. It requires precise calculations and control. If you gape or stumble somewhere, you'll have to make up for it by buying pots. This year I decided to try the second option. I liked it better.
Planning is key to perfection :)

estrid

Baronet
I got the last upgrade for the druid temple two days ago (apart the one coming from the tasks later) ... and having only about 600 gold pots left I decided to give a test run on the third option (25 town tasks/day and a new town every day). I still didn't accomplish that. I think it's quite impossible to get the festival and ship to level 300 first and then collect the needed 8.44 Q shamrocks to get the new city all in one day. What is the secret ingredient here in order to get it work?

vidicecilia

Baronet
I checked, and the two I have are really called 'Druid temple Selection kit'. I must have gotten them either from the Surprise box, or from doing multiple cities. Maybe even from one of the chest rewards. EDIT: I think I got one from buying six chests. Not sure how I got the other one.

.View attachment 6521

Ow, you are so so so lucKy!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Last edited:
Yep, I have 8 kits, which means that I forgot to count the level one building and with the last quest I'll have completed. Geeze so much stress!

I never figured out how to find how many cities I did. I finished my last one and couldn't find any sort of number ?

Lekaylee

Farmer
Yep, I have 8 kits, which means that I forgot to count the level one building and with the last quest I'll have completed. Geeze so much stress!

I never figured out how to find how many cities I did. I finished my last one and couldn't find any sort of number ?
Hi
Greez!
Yes thats also a bit confusing, but for myself i noticed that on a sheet of paper^^
it would be a fine Thing, inno can give us a Number on the City.

Hi
Greez!
Yes thats also a bit confusing, but for myself i noticed that on a sheet of paper^^
it would be a fine Thing, inno can give us a Number on the City.
Haha yeah, but if it wasn't for that special box from forgebowl I would very much be scrambling and probably not make level 10. So I have bad taste about the surprise boxes....

scorpionrgp

Farmer
Hello, This is more a suggestion in regards to the events Quests. Today i just got quest 40 but have no way of completing this as the tasks are not possible, I had just recently "levelled up" to next age and don't have many of that ages resources. As you know when just entering a new age any army one "fights" are including units from that age making it hard to win. Advise would be to have a new "cross over" point for fighting unit to match what is presently unlocked so players will have a chance to complete the quest.
quest i got now isn't possible within the game timeframe. no matter what fighting units i have i don't have a chance to defeat the large arm, and finish that guild quest will take days for above mentioned reason.

1.PNG

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Final feedback.

1) While I really disliked this event last year, it’s grown on me. It seems less tedious than last time, though that’s probably largely due to knowing how to set up cities efficiently.
2) level 10 easily doable without spending diamonds or spending hours each day. I'll have lvl 10 + 1 or even 2 extra kits, and I’m very much a causal player.
3) Task prizes were a nice addition, giving a bright spark to otherwise monotonous task completion.
4) Agree with @Umbrathor having 2 ways distinct ways of obtaining kits allows for greater variation in play style. I experimented a bit, and still will end up with a kit or 2 to spare.
5) The event building is not bad, and I agree with several others who are happy to see Inno avoid constant GB inflation. All events have goodies for diamond players, so it is a nice balance to have one useful for new and/or lower-age players.
6) End stage awards really need to be a bit better. They shouldn’t outshine event buildings, but could be at least useful or interesting. Maybe include an upgrade kit from past events that wouldn’t typically come up. Maybe a cool portrait, or a kit from a discontinued event like carnival, valentine’s day or Easter.
7) That said, I won’t be playing on my main worlds. None of my cites would benefit from having this event building: 2 are too advanced, and 3 are diamond farms.

Fire Lord

Squire
I'm worried about live servers. I had to spend 1500 diamonds during the event. I ended up with a full set and 700 gold, after getting the one piece from the event box. I'm worried it's impossible to get in the live servers without spending 1000 diamonds in every world. I got all the gold and completed as many event minigames as possible. Will it be slightly reworked or will I just be stuck with lvl 9s in all my cities?