• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

St Patricks Day 2020

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
hm... seems the minigame will be of the idle game genre...

EDIT: also added Questgiver, Hud and Achievement images to the top post...
Ooh! I'm a fan of idle games and do like new minigame ideas... this could be fun. Not sure how an event currency would be used in an idle game, but am excited to find out.

I'm wondering if they will push this one back as St Patrick's day is 17th March, give time to get Egypt bedded in?
Could be the case, but my hope is that we get some historical questlines in before then.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Appreciate the info, but can you translate for the programming-challenged like myself?
It basically says, "This is an idle game. These are things used in the game. This is how much they cost. These are levels and modifiers for the things. This is how much they produce. This is how you unlock boosters." In other words, this describes how the event will be played. Cookie clicker but St. Patrick's Day and FoE.

The one line that really stands out to me about this, though, are some of the booster requirements, such as: "Collect 1B Shamrocks from the workshops" or "Transport 100M Shamrocks with your ship." Those are some big numbers for an event minigame. Interested to see how this turns out.

There's even managers to do stuff for you! This is going to be fun.

[EDIT]
  • The currencies are the "stpatricks_shamrock" and "st_patricks_pot_of_gold" (Shamrocks probably pay for the buildings, and gold for the managers/upgrades? Not really sure tbh)
  • There seem to be 5 "ranks" or stages for each building, which will improve their production.
  • Managers, who basically do stuff for you, cost from 10-50 currency, starting at 10 and increasing as you buy more. (My guess is that the managers cost gold and which is given from the event, and will have to be delegated to be in the best spot possible to do the best you can. Strategy will likely be key here). I'd also hazard the guess that managers will collect and start productions for you automatically, even when you are offline.
  • Each building has a production duration, recharge duration, production base amount, base upgrade cost, and an upgrade cost growth rate. From how I read it, you can produce ??? for a set time, but then have to wait a certain amount of time before starting another production. Additionally, you can upgrade the buildings BUT the upgrades get more expensive over time.
  • It seems upgrades will aid with speed of productions or recharge times and the amounts produced
  • Boosters can be unlocked by doing various tasks and will be able to provide upgrades for buildings, managers, or characters (who are the buildings, transports, and markets).
  • Based off of the images found, tasks will be like quests inside the minigame that you can get.
If you read through the file closer, you can find exact values for the various productions and cost, but I'm not going to list them out here.

Last edited:

Devilsangel

Baronet
All building have two levels.
First building
A_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20a.png
A_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20b.png

Second building (don't know why, but first lvl image comes out tiny... maybe Beelzebob can work his magic :))
D_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20a.png

D_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20b.png

Third building
L_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20a.png
L_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20b.png

Fourth Building
R_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20a.png
R_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20b.png

Fifth building
R_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_PatrickBonusSet20d.png

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
maybe Beelzebob can work his magic
Will check in the evening, but iirc the Olympic treasury also had one level Pic that came out small..

Guessing the sizes:
2x3
1x2
1x1
4x3
4x4
Will be a really odd configuration over all... Especially as the river going through the two big pieces offsets the pieces...

Last edited:

kaymedic

Marquis
Will check in the evening, but iirc the Olympic treasury also had one level Pic that came out small..

Guessing the sizes:
2x3
1x2
1x1
4x3
4x4
Will be a really odd configuration over all... Especially as the river going through the two big pieces offsets the pieces...

Looks more like 3x3 for me. Still very odd.

Playing around a little bit at work ;)
I came up with this idea:

The red rectangle is an additional 2x3 set piece. Maybe we get another unique piece or we can use the 2x3 set piece two times.

should focus more on work or foe not both
thx @dartrana

Last edited:

kaymedic

Marquis
Maybe a nice replacement for the terrace farm. I hope only the 4x3 will need a road connection but I guess it will be at least one more.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Trying to make a megaset, based on the image dartrana created and assuming those are the correct numbers of pieces that each set piece needs, I created this 9x9 monstrosity. (just used random stuff based on their sizes). The one 4x3 isn't fully connected correctly, but you could put a 1x1 next to it (where the solar pathway is) to fix that.
1578952583726.png

Devilsangel

Baronet
And some infoscreens for this section))
"headline":"Prepare for St Patrick's Day!","description":"Manage the town and prepare them for St Patrick's Day! Supply the celebrations with goods from the town's factories to start the festivities and earn Shamrocks! Earn enough Shamrocks to upgrade buildings and open new factories!"

"headline":"Hire the Professionals!","description":"Earn Pots of Gold by completing quests! You can hire Managers at each building in the town for Pots of Gold! Managers will increase a building's efficiency and manage it while you are away. Level up each Manager to further boost a building!"

"headline":"More Towns Need Your Help!","description":"Each task you complete in a town will get you closer to a special grand prize! No tasks left? Continue to the next town to unlock more tasks and help them prepare too. More Grand Prizes await plus a chance to gain lots of rewards along the way!"
STPATRICK_B_Loading_Screen_1.jpg

STPATRICK_A_Loading_Screen_1.jpg