• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2021 Feeback

Tanmay11

Regent
That post isn't consistent with the post I read, if other people are saying the same things as me even when doing the silver/gold, I can't be that mislead.

Perhaps this event and 2020 are the exact same, except that this mill requires 9 upgrade kits while the bridge only required 7. So Inno actually did make this years impossible for the layman simply by adding extra levels and not giving extra lanterns to compensate.
what other people are saying doesn't change the efficiency of silver and gold animals. they are you're best bet to get the fully upgraded building.

Now..Its quite possible that inno have miscalculated the number of lanterns ppl are getting via incidents.

ive had that kind bad luck with halloween event. had spent 4k diamonds and didn't get a single set of dolls. while some people got two full sets with just 2k diamonds, and got 2 max level house of horror buildings. i was stuck with a 2nd HoH one level short of max.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Incorrect, even choosing the gold and silver animals, if you didn't get enough lanterns from incidents, you can't complete the event without diamonds
Is there a math breakdown, without incidents?
we get without incidents, 7980 lanterns. (according to wiki)
avg laterns for Gold 4 spaces is 152, Silver 3 spaces 111 = 941 lanterns per pond. 7980/941 = 9.5 ponds. 9 ponds = 5 upgrades. 1 upgrade from the Surprise box + 2 from quest line. so there is the 8 upgrades needed. no diamonds, no incidents

where the mishap happens is when players dont get the 4 gold and 3 silver each pond.

Last edited:
what other people are saying doesn't change the efficiency of silver and gold animals. they are you're best bet to get the fully upgraded building.

Now..Its quite possible that inno have miscalculated the number of lanterns ppl are getting via incidents.

ive had that kind bad luck with halloween event. had spent 4k diamonds and didn't get a single set of dolls. while some people got two full sets with just 2k diamonds, and got 2 max level house of horror buildings. i was stuck with a 2nd HoH one level short of max.
I thought I was doing great with the incidents, almost 10k lanterns in total, is that around what people ended up with or was on the low end? Also helps that there are special incidents rather than being in the regular ones. But the fact that they added 2 extra levels and only gave one additional upgrade kit looks to be the key factor of dissatisfaction for the event. If you're not going to change anything in the event, then of course people are going to wind up with the same amount of upgrade kits, why would you add extra levels??

Its also real craep that only the top 20% of users can get the extra (needed) upgrade, just shows that all of us are working hard here.

Beginning of the Event200 Lanterns.png Lanterns
Daily Connections22 x 1002,200 Lanterns.png Lanterns
Completing Main Quests41 x 602,460 Lanterns.png Lanterns
Completing Daily Quests21 x 901,890 Lanterns.png Lanterns
Milestone Bonus1 x 400 and 1 x 8301,230 Lanterns.png Lanterns
Total7,980 Lanterns.png Lanterns

Copied from the wiki, may be incorrect.

Tanmay11

Regent
I thought I was doing great with the incidents, almost 10k lanterns in total, is that around what people ended up with or was on the low end? Also helps that there are special incidents rather than being in the regular ones. But the fact that they added 2 extra levels and only gave one additional upgrade kit looks to be the key factor of dissatisfaction for the event. If you're not going to change anything in the event, then of course people are going to wind up with the same amount of upgrade kits, why would you add extra levels??

Its also real craep that only the top 20% of users can get the extra (needed) upgrade, just shows that all of us are working hard here.
not sure, wish i had logged all the incidents...but inno really needs to work on the RNG. its not right for ppl to end up with so much less with same amount of hard work.

Sinitar

Regent
we get without incidents, 7980 lanterns. (according to wiki)
Yes, last year you had needed almost 600 lanterns from incidents to do not depence from silver league(or if you remained , you had an extra upgrade)
where the mishap happens is when players dont get the 4 gold and 3 silver each pond.
... when is possible, I choosed 7 silver animals and 1 gold and often it was that cost 110 lanterns(110x7+152= 922)
Or 2 gold, 5 silver and 1 bronze(152x2 + 110x5 + 80 = 934)
Both ways are better than your
avg laterns for Gold 4 spaces is 152, Silver 3 spaces 111 = 941 lanterns per pond. 7980/941 = 9.5 ponds. 9 ponds = 5 upgrades.
This is your error:
It isn't 9,5 ponds but 8,48 ponds with your cost(8,6 ponds with medium of my both ways)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The average cost per jump for gold and silver is 37.46 lanterns per jump. To jump 9 ponds you need 25*9=225 jumps, which means it would cost ~8429 lanterns on average to get the 9th pond, assuming you have 100% efficiency (i.e. don't waste jumps at the end of each pond).

I logged on multiple times per day, and ended up collecting 802 lanterns from incidents, so I had 8782 lanterns. That means I could have gotten a full event building if I went for gold and silver animals only. That is ... if you include the event surprise box, which is the main issue in my opinion.

If you didn't have the event surprise box, you would need to pick up one additional upgrade kit. On beta the dropoff for silver was 260 jumps, or +35 jumps, or you could get it from the next grand prize if you're on a particularly heavy diamond spending world, for +50 jumps.

260 jumps * 37.46 = 9740 lanterns, or 1760 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds
275 jumps * 37.46 = 10302 lanterns, or 2322 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds

This is impossible to get with incidents, so if you don't have the event surprise box, the only way to get a full main building is to buy diamonds.

The absolute best case scenario is 36.8 lanterns per jump (7x swan + 1x stag per pond), so even at this the cost would be

260 jumps * 36.8 = 9568 lanterns, or 1588 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds
275 jumps * 36.8 = 10120 lanterns, or 2230 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds

Retired Guy

Marquis
Okay with the bldg.. seemed like the odds of winning daily specials was low... . dumped everything I had, got 2 Spring Selection kits..

GateKeeper

Baronet
Yes, last year you had needed almost 600 lanterns from incidents to do not depence from silver league(or if you remained , you had an extra upgrade)

... when is possible, I choosed 7 silver animals and 1 gold and often it was that cost 110 lanterns(110x7+152= 922)
Or 2 gold, 5 silver and 1 bronze(152x2 + 110x5 + 80 = 934)
Both ways are better than your

This is your error:
It isn't 9,5 ponds but 8,48 ponds with your cost(8,6 ponds with medium of my both ways)

ok noted.

I would just be careful about the ratio of Silver - Gold animals, since its random, if you dont get that many Silvers, then a player ends up a overpaying for a white or bronze at the end. 600 lanterns from incidents doesn't seem unreasonable. I know in St Pattys days I hit a 200 and a 500 so hopefully the Lanterns are that plentiful ;) but again this is assuming players dont even get into Silver League. I wouldn't expect this spec bldg to bring in many diamonds spenders. we will see!

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
.... but again this is assuming players dont even get into Silver League. I wouldn't expect this spec bldg to bring in many diamonds spenders. we will see!
This is beta, it always happened and every time when I bought 1 large pack of particular event with league, I remained in silver league at limit

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The average cost per jump for gold and silver is 37.46 lanterns per jump. To jump 9 ponds you need 25*9=225 jumps, which means it would cost ~8429 lanterns on average to get the 9th pond, assuming you have 100% efficiency (i.e. don't waste jumps at the end of each pond).

I logged on multiple times per day, and ended up collecting 802 lanterns from incidents, so I had 8782 lanterns. That means I could have gotten a full event building if I went for gold and silver animals only. That is ... if you include the event surprise box, which is the main issue in my opinion.

If you didn't have the event surprise box, you would need to pick up one additional upgrade kit. On beta the dropoff for silver was 260 jumps, or +35 jumps, or you could get it from the next grand prize if you're on a particularly heavy diamond spending world, for +50 jumps.

260 jumps * 37.46 = 9740 lanterns, or 1760 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds
275 jumps * 37.46 = 10302 lanterns, or 2322 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds

This is impossible to get with incidents, so if you don't have the event surprise box, the only way to get a full main building is to buy diamonds.

The absolute best case scenario is 36.8 lanterns per jump (7x swan + 1x stag per pond), so even at this the cost would be

260 jumps * 36.8 = 9568 lanterns, or 1588 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds
275 jumps * 36.8 = 10120 lanterns, or 2230 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds

@lordwasa Any word on whether or not this will be changed for the live event? Would be nice to know for people if it's possible to get a max main building for free or not, so they can decide if they want to go for it or just go for daily specials :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So this is the first one that did come up that you need the previous mystery box to complete the grand prize without diamonds? Was bound to happen sooner or later. Will it become the new norm?

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
@lordwasa Any word on whether or not this will be changed for the live event? Would be nice to know for people if it's possible to get a max main building for free or not, so they can decide if they want to go for it or just go for daily specials :)
No changes about this have been communicated to me yet, however I will include your request in my report this week.