• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9050

Oh my god, that is fantastic!

Good bye, my beautiful diamonds!

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Just started this world 2 days ago, so still in Bronze Age. Is there a way to abort out of the spring event 'donate 80 goods to guild' or 'do 6 GE encounters'? If not, then BA players get blocked and cannot participate.

DeletedUser

Just started this world 2 days ago, so still in Bronze Age. Is there a way to abort out of the spring event 'donate 80 goods to guild' or 'do 6 GE encounters'? If not, then BA players get blocked and cannot participate.
you could get iron age goods from guild members and donate those

fantastic change, thank you Inno
The new anything at all from cherry garden kit is brilliant.
Even though I'd allready spent my lanterns here, knowing these kits will be available in live has made me a happy puppy :)

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
https://dmarket.com/blog/gaming-trends-2018/

Soon enough, PC and browser games will go the way of the dinosaur.

While I give you points for actually backing up your claim, there are a couple of things I feel the need to point out. There will always be people who play PC and browser games, just as there are people still playing original NES, as well as board, dice, manuals and character sheet D&D.

And since birds are dinosaurs, and the world is full of them, "going the way of the dinosaur" is a good thing. ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=bir...1.69i57j0l5.7398j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

qaccy

Emperor
While I give you points for actually backing up your claim, there are a couple of things I feel the need to point out. There will always be people who play PC and browser games, just as there are people still playing original NES, as well as board, dice, manuals and character sheet D&D.

And since birds are dinosaurs, and the world is full of them, "going the way of the dinosaur" is a good thing. ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=bir...1.69i57j0l5.7398j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

To be fair, while what you said is true, it's also true that market share in certain areas has dropped enough to where it's not financially viable to continue in those fields. You mentioned the NES, and that's one example. No video game company (that I know of) is still producing and releasing games on that platform because it isn't relevant anymore, even if there are indeed still people making use of the system.

Now, as far as @Thunderdome's claims, I don't believe PC is ever going to reach the point of being commercially non-viable considering how essential PCs still are to other aspects of both professional and personal use, not to mention the fact that FoE was developed initially as a PC/browser game. Mobile has certainly taken hold, but I'd surmise that in FoE's case many players today still use both versions of the game concurrently, rather than exclusively one or the other. Mobile has a large and growing market share simply because of the convenience factor, not really because it's a better platform for gaming in terms of the user experience or immersion factor. That being said, FoE's pretty close to being one of these mobile games even before the app came about, but Inno's unlikely to abandon its original platform especially after recently taking the time and other resources to develop the game in HTML5.

Thunderdome

Emperor
awaz2g.jpg

And yet, those of us with the app still don't have the event to be tested (unless my app is broken after I updated it this morning).

DeletedUser9761

It would be terrific if the Beta players could get more Blossom trees with high lantern output to have a better chance of getting some of these Selection kits before the event is over. Thanks again Inno!

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
You mentioned the NES, and that's one example. No video game company (that I know of) is still producing and releasing games on that platform because it isn't relevant anymore, even if there are indeed still people making use of the system.

I'll give you that, but my point was that it is still in use. A niche market is still a market. There is still a demand for vinyl records and cassette tapes, for example. (Ah, nostalgia...)

I'd surmise that in FoE's case many players today still use both versions of the game concurrently, rather than exclusively one or the other.

I play exclusively on PC. My phone is my phone. And sometimes alarm clock and calculator.

Of course, at some time in the future, we will be obsolete, having been replaced by AI, and all of this will be a moot point. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

We could upgrade ourselves to Cyborgs and extend our life a bit before being replaced totally by AIs.

DeletedUser9410

+1. Thank you for the welcome changes, it is much appreciated, ( all be it a little late ).
ironically, although i much prefer the "themed" prizes, having the mixed ones actually made that part much easier as i just used the biggest jumps possible every time. Not sure if this helped me get the full Pagoda earlier or not, i will see on live when i use my normal method of going for the theme i prefer.

DeletedUser9761

The Cherry Blossom selection kit would be a nice addition to the Grand Prize list as well!