• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback special buildings should be able to be returned to the inventory

urine luck

Baronet
as the title suggests really.

the reason it first occurred to me is because i have alcatraz pumping out champions which are useless and the champion retreat is going to be useless until an event where i get renovation kits.

similar deal with buildings like the confectioner.

it would also, very slightly, alleviate frustration with lack of space at times

everyone is on a pretty even standing when it comes to special buildings and i think most people would welcome the addition of this feature.

thoughts?

DeletedUser2752

The reason why something like this wouldn't be implemented is because it would save a lot of space in your city when remodeling which is counterproductive of the point of remodeling in this game, so either there needs to be at least a 20 day delay in the inventory, or a limited reuse of once or twice when placing back in the inventory

Last edited by a moderator:

urine luck

Baronet
People will say -1 because that just makes special buildings a space saver if you can continuously put it back to the inventory, so either there needs to be at least a 20 day delay in the inventory, or a limited reuse of once or twice when placing back in the inventory

a space saver serves no purpose unless im not understanding what you mean.

i would be fine with limited times or waiting period. at the moment special buildings just become a hindrance VERY quickly.

DeletedUser1264

I think it's an excellent idea. A fee to rebuild special buildings we've returned to the inventory would be better than time limits, I think. In other words when we win a special building, what we win is the right to build it and one free build; if we then put it on ice and later want to rebuild it we'd have to pay coins/supplies, just like other buildings.

DeletedUser1264

Since we have very limited access to renovation kits that would defeat the purpose, in my view. Special-event buildings are supposed to be rewards, so once we've won them they shouldn't be more problematic than other buildings.

urine luck

Baronet
Since we have very limited access to renovation kits that would defeat the purpose, in my view. Special-event buildings are supposed to be rewards, so once we've won them they shouldn't be more problematic than other buildings.

its better than nothing imo, but then again....was hoping for renovation kits in this event, spent a few quid on diamonds and got 5 halls and 4 shops. really disappointed..

DeletedUser

The reason why something like this wouldn't be implemented is because it would save a lot of space in your city when remodeling which is counterproductive of the point of remodeling in this game, so either there needs to be at least a 20 day delay in the inventory, or a limited reuse of once or twice when placing back in the inventory

Isn't it possible to just add a temporary storage room?
When remodelling your town you can ..... items in here, but you have to fully clear the storage before you can save your changes.

As it is now, some of my guildmates and friends have a full city with almost no normal buildings.
When they have to/want to remodel their town, they might have to sell premium buildings in order to move stuff around a little.

I usually prepare my town in forgestats before updating it on the server, but being able to freely play around with your town would make life a bit easier :)

DeletedUser1264

Nope! The devs have said over and over that there will not be any "storage area" for buildings, ever. The main challenge of the game is arranging your city.

But that doesn't mean special-event buildings need to be un-rebuildable.

DeletedUser4229

Lower level special buildings are at some point not better that the normal buildings. Knowing which buildings to keep and which not, is part of the game. And if you need the space to build something new you destroy the building that is least valuable. If that happens to be a special building, you destroy that, special or not. If you bought it with diamants that might add value for you, so then you destroy something else to create space.
choises choises ...

NormaJeane

Viceroy
In order to progress in the game it is essential that you redesign your city regularly...which buildings you whish to keep or replace is at your personal preference.

A temporary storage for whichever building is in my vision not something that will be implemented ever, because as others stated too:
One of the main challenges in this game is to re-invent your city to keep moving forward!

btw.. speaking as a player ;)

conqueror9

Regent

sorry
i cannot understand...
do u mean we can building back inventory after 20 days ??

conqueror9

Regent
For re-modelling yoru city
just delete those buildings which u re-build easily cheaper
it will free the room for your city re-modelling

The basic logic is
building which we cannot re-build as they are event buildings
and
the worst is ...they ar enow up-gradeable with renovation kit

normally those event
it is best production building in your age when u obtained it
when u proceed to next era, or next next era
their advantage production is now de-advantage (de-grade ) wehn compare those new building in your new era
we want to send them back to inventory and use the latest better build-able building
when we get renovation kit by buying or winning, we can call-back those event building and upgrade it to latest era type
it is most valuable building when u get renonvation kit, and useless building without upgrade
somethign we want to discard but should not discard....
if it can be return to inventory, that will solve our problem and make the game more fun to play

it is those event buildings which we need to return to inventory
e.g. a bronze age confectionary is useless when u are in colonial era, but it can be upgrade to colonial age confectionary with renovation kit then become a valuable building

Of course, i think ..
it should not free to return to inventory
I would suggest we can use some diamond to return those event building to inventory (e..g 10 diamond )

urine luck

Baronet
In order to progress in the game it is essential that you redesign your city regularly...which buildings you whish to keep or replace is at your personal preference.

A temporary storage for whichever building is in my vision not something that will be implemented ever, because as others stated too:
One of the main challenges in this game is to re-invent your city to keep moving forward!

btw.. speaking as a player ;)

remodelling isnt the issue. the issue for me is having "special" buildings that are useless for a large amount of time. an example... i had alcatraz making champions, but champions are useless until i can renovate them. so i have 10x7 alc and 2 3x3 champs that are useless. i had to delete the champions.

its just frustrating imo. being able to ..... the champs until i had a renovation kit would have avoided that and i wouldnt have felt like i had thrown away some "progression".

king leorix

Squire
remodelling isnt the issue. the issue for me is having "special" buildings that are useless for a large amount of time. an example... i had alcatraz making champions, but champions are useless until i can renovate them. so i have 10x7 alc and 2 3x3 champs that are useless. i had to delete the champions.

its just frustrating imo. being able to ..... the champs until i had a renovation kit would have avoided that and i wouldnt have felt like i had thrown away some "progression".

To what are Chamion's good??? To fight whit them, are week..you can use the only to defense. And just to keep a Champion's retreat in the city and occupy that 3*3...it's not worth it :)

DeletedUser4229

If you don't like it, throw it away. You won't rebuild it later.
That is a lesson you have to learn in order to play the game.

If you buy diamonds, you'd better be prepared to throws your investment away at some point because it will be passed in value.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
@ urine luck: Alcatraz also gives a whole lot of happiness, the units you get are at random, depending on which units you can make in your city. IF the only units you could make were champions, that was your choice... maybe you should build other barracks so that Alcatraz can provide you with the units you really need :)

@ojbojb: In my opinion one the great things playing Beta is that you get free diamonds - :cool: - with each update and you can prepare yourself here on Beta for the other live worlds that you play ;)

conqueror9

Regent
@ urine luck: Alcatraz also gives a whole lot of happiness, the units you get are at random, depending on which units you can make in your city. IF the only units you could make were champions, that was your choice... maybe you should build other barracks so that Alcatraz can provide you with the units you really need :)

@ojbojb: In my opinion one the great things playing Beta is that you get free diamonds - :cool: - with each update and you can prepare yourself here on Beta for the other live worlds that you play ;)

completely agree on playing beta world to gain advantage in playing game world

at least
now, i know i need to prepare 2 scout mission in game world...~~~~ too terrible, 2 scout mission each require nearly 2 days and
how to play soccer event in game world

DeletedUser5265

How I can earn the Diamonds here to my real world which I play?