• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age: Venus

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
I suppose they just give whatever goods and/or currency is used in that particular settlement.
So just a way to more easily finish the settlement in time.

Although I also thought of this option...
What if each shard adds a little bit more time for you to finish the settlement?
With the rare ones awarding more time than a 'regular' shard.

CrashBoom

Legend
I suppose they just give whatever goods and/or currency is used in that particular settlement.
really ?

as good player I finish my settlements in fastest time and have the culture finished before the next one is released

so IF they speed up settlements they MUST also speed up the release of new settlements
because it only makes sense for me to be even faster if the next culture is out before I have finshed the last current one

What if each shard adds a little bit more time for you to finish the settlement?
so it would only be for slow players who can't finish in time now :rolleyes:

Sounds like it would be more useless of a great building than even the Colosseum if that were the case, unless the secondary reward were something extrordinary. Certainly no where I'd want to spend my fp.

LastWarrior

Regent
A lot of players will have finished the Aztec settlement so it will need a decent secondary addition for players to build this new GB.

it talks about rare shards... what rare would be in the settlements goods? it will simply be like a ToR but will work for settlements.. as about most of us having settlements completed, i hope it will work on idle settlements, where you just start one and do nothing except each day checking for a shard..

Dessire

Regent
best thing it can do is give you 1 time per week at level 80 5 fragments of the mini building of the active settlement you have or 1 upgrade kit of any of the special buildings of any of the settlements.

Whose still doing settlements??? Once you finish them all, there's literally no point in continuing. Perhaps start a settlement and never finish it for these "shards" aka cultural incidents??
My main live world has 5 timeless dojos and 4 ancient obelisks with just one upgrade short of a 5th. Once I finish the Aztec main building I'll be going back to Egyptians to continue making obelisks until the next settlement starts.

Emberguard

Emperor
"Mysterious Shards.
%s% chance of spawning a Shard reward in your active Cultural Settlement once every %s.
%s% chance that the Shard is a rare one.
Each Shard needs to be collected by hand and disappears after %s if not."

"Mysterious Shards: %.2f% chance to spawn a mysterious Shard reward hidden in the Settlement wilderness of your active Settlement. The chance that this Shard is common is %.2f%, uncommon %.2f% and rare %.2f%."
"At the next level, the chance to spawn a Shard will be %.2f% and the chance for a rare one increases to %.2f%."
So probably incidents for Cultural Settlements? Wonder if the rewards will be specifically for that Cultural Settlement? Like extra settlement goods and coins? Or will it also contain stuff for outside the settlement?

Wonder if Egypt would get Troops from these shards?
it talks about rare shards... what rare would be in the settlements goods?
fragments of what you would get for timed rewards? Maybe x4 on your next production?

CrashBoom

Legend
Wonder if the rewards will be specifically for that Cultural Settlement?
I wonder why speeding up settlements would make sense ?

the time to complete a culture is shorter than the the time they need to create a new settlement

(numbers don't represent the real time but shows what I am talking about)
- it takes 4-5 month to finish a culture
- after 6 month the next settlement is coming

so why should it be faster to complete the settlements ?
that would only make sense if they would reduce the time to 3 month the next settlement starts after the last one

if the next settlement is already there before the last one is finished that would motivate people to be even faster

but I must wait at least a month after I have done the current culture
so why should I get this new GB IF it gives things for the settlement and not for my main city

Wonder if Egypt would get Troops from these shards?
why you should need more troops for Egypt

8 Nubian Archers are already enough

:rolleyes:

GBs belong to a specific era. Question: Why do GB with such bonuses on Venus, and not at an early age? Why are they offering settlement bonuses for players who are well off? It would be wiser to make such a GB for early eras.

D-Best

Squire
Many players keep playing cultural settlements (or should play) for additional rewards, so if these shards are goods for the cultural settlement, then that will help these players to finish them faster. And I think that would be a great bonus for a Great Building.
If you don't like it, don't build it.

Last edited:

Jonte770

Farmer
Im myself quite curious about the units stats, i hope its not all close ranged units again, i didnt like that with the asteroid belt.

CrashBoom

Legend
Why are they offering settlement bonuses
are they offering settlement bonuses ?

or is it a city bonus which is collected in the settlement

GBs belong to a specific era.
but GBs can be build in any era

you could even have it build before you have unlocked settlements in the tech tree

If you don't like it, don't build it.
actually I prefer
if I don't like something I complain about it

:D

are they offering settlement bonuses ?

or is it a city bonus which is collected in the settlement

Sorry, I'm writing with translator.

but GBs can be build in any era

you could even have it build before you have unlocked settlements in the tech tree
Yes, but this is just a nuance of the game that it is possible to build GBs of older eras in early eras. First of all, GBs is made for a certain era and remains in the following eras.

Emberguard

Emperor
I wonder why speeding up settlements would make sense ?
Not saying speeding up settlements makes sense, just that a settlement based reward for something that spawns in settlements makes sense

Though it may make more sense for new players the more settlements get added to the game just like Space Carrier makes more sense for Special Goods if you’re not yet in the Future Eras but won’t make sense to someone that was there when it got released

Nyafka

Merchant
Dear devs: this is what players want from a GBuilding bonus:

FP, attack bonus, ofensive defense bonus, more units like Alcatraz, bonuses like the arc and frontenac or at least something new like "you have X change to get a 2fp pack for every 2 FP spent in a GBuilding" . . not bonuses related to settlements! settlements can be completed without the help of GBuilding!
I hated so much the 2pf packs. Now i miss it. Only 10 fp packs coming from november.

My main live world has 5 timeless dojos and 4 ancient obelisks with just one upgrade short of a 5th. Once I finish the Aztec main building I'll be going back to Egyptians to continue making obelisks until the next settlement starts.
So instead of a sok city you're doing an obelisk city? ;) The problem with doing them for the shards is that you have to actually make them on time to get the shards. Sounds like it's not a problem for you, but you may in a league by yourself since I rarely ever see more than one mini-settlement building in a city. A few dojos but that's it.