• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age: Venus

iPenguinPat

Squire
"Mysterious Shards.
%s% chance of spawning a Shard reward in your active Cultural Settlement once every %s.
%s% chance that the Shard is a rare one.
Each Shard needs to be collected by hand and disappears after %s if not."

"Mysterious Shards: %.2f% chance to spawn a mysterious Shard reward hidden in the Settlement wilderness of your active Settlement. The chance that this Shard is common is %.2f%, uncommon %.2f% and rare %.2f%."
"At the next level, the chance to spawn a Shard will be %.2f% and the chance for a rare one increases to %.2f%."

This seems like another dumb gimmick to force players to waste even more time checking for dumb stuff. How would the activity of the settlement be determined? Seems like you could just start a settlement and not bother progressing quests? Would players running 5min cycles get more stuff than those running 24hr cycles? So much about this idea seems bad.

As long as the rewards are good, i'm sure people will be happy, but the mechanic is uninspired and gimmicky.

Would love another GB that gives treasury goods though :)

This seems like another dumb gimmick to force players to waste even more time checking for dumb stuff. How would the activity of the settlement be determined? Seems like you could just start a settlement and not bother progressing quests? Would players running 5min cycles get more stuff than those running 24hr cycles? So much about this idea seems bad.

As long as the rewards are good, i'm sure people will be happy, but the mechanic is uninspired and gimmicky.

Would love another GB that gives treasury goods though :)

what if you alrd finished all settlements? they want us to start doing them again just for the shards? pffff... well now if they may give diamonds or 500 fp orso, i might reconsider...

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
what if you alrd finished all settlements? they want us to start doing them again just for the shards? pffff... well now if they may give diamonds or 500 fp orso, i might reconsider...
Sounds like you just need to have a settlement active, so you can probably just start one and do nothing about it, just collect the shards when they're available :)

MonkeyDCapo

Baronet
Is it certain that this LB description comes to the LB of Venus? In another thread there is speculation about a 3rd EMA-LB. Is it already out of the question whether this LB is not meant?

Ist es sicher das diese LB-Beschreibung zu dem LB der Venus kommt? In einem anderen Thread wird immerhin über ein 3. FMA-LB spekuliert. Ist es schon ausgeschlossen ob nicht dieses LB gemeint ist?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Is it certain that this LB description comes to the LB of Venus? In another thread there is speculation about a 3rd EMA-LB. Is it already out of the question whether this LB is not meant?

Ist es sicher das diese LB-Beschreibung zu dem LB der Venus kommt? In einem anderen Thread wird immerhin über ein 3. FMA-LB spekuliert. Ist es schon ausgeschlossen ob nicht dieses LB gemeint ist?
Yeah it's certain. Among other things the texts all start with "SAV | ...", which stands for Space Age Venus. The other building texts all start with the age abbreviation, for example "SAAB | " for Space Carrier.

Gindi4711

Steward
Seems strange to me. We include this 8n a Venus GB? I would have expected this to be the new FMA building. I suppose rewards be like the temple of relics.

MonkeyDCapo

Baronet
Yeah it's certain. Among other things the texts all start with "SAV | ...", which stands for Space Age Venus. The other building texts all start with the age abbreviation, for example "SAAB | " for Space Carrier.
OK, too bad. That means a bad LB again
With the freighter you are practically forced to negotiate and with the Venus-LB you are forced to play the cultural settlements

Maybe you will need to collect Mysterious Shards in order to turn raw goods into useable goods. Hope not, but that was the immediate thought that when through my head when I saw the word "raw" in all the goods' names.

LefHQ

Farmer
Maybe you will need to collect Mysterious Shards in order to turn raw goods into useable goods. Hope not, but that was the immediate thought that when through my head when I saw the word "raw" in all the goods' names.

it would be a really good move to slow down the game (promotium and orichalcum also served this purpose ) and not have everyone the new great building on the first day BUT why there are different types of shards (e.g.rare)?

it would be a really good move to slow down the game (promotium and orichalcum also served this purpose ) and not have everyone the new great building on the first day BUT why there are different types of shards (e.g.rare)?
If it had to do with my thought, maybe different rarities of shards would convert a different amount of goods at a go.

Dessire

Regent
Dear devs: this is what players want from a GBuilding bonus:

FP, attack bonus, ofensive defense bonus, more units like Alcatraz, bonuses like the arc and frontenac or at least something new like "you have X change to get a 2fp pack for every 2 FP spent in a GBuilding" . . not bonuses related to settlements! settlements can be completed without the help of GBuilding!

Julian24

Viceroy
Dear devs: this is what players want from a GBuilding bonus:

FP, attack bonus, ofensive defense bonus, more units like Alcatraz, bonuses like the arc and frontenac or at least something new like "you have X change to get a 2fp pack for every 2 FP spent in a GBuilding" . . not bonuses related to settlements! settlements can be completed without the help of GBuilding!
I don't want any more gamebreaking gbs.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
The images that starts with raw before the goods name are good deposits and not the actual goods. Good deposits for all ages are found in provinces on the continent map and determines which goods you have a bonus of producing in your goods buildings.

My first thought was that the shards will consist of different resources or special buildings perhaps. A bit like incidents, Temple of Relics or the spoils of war/diplomatic gifts from Space Carrier/Himeji. If it turns out to be true then it's either good or bad depending on what you actually can get and the chances for recieving the shards.

Last edited:
My first thought was that the shards will consist of different resources or special buildings perhaps. A bit like incidents, Temple of Relics or the spoils of war/diplomatic gifts from Space Carrier/Himeji. If it turns out to be true then it's either good or bad depending on what you actually can get and the chances for recieving the shards.
I hope so, and agree about the good or bad depending part.

Whose still doing settlements??? Once you finish them all, there's literally no point in continuing. Perhaps start a settlement and never finish it for these "shards" aka cultural incidents??

CrashBoom

Legend
I hope the best shard will be 200 FP
like the best spoils of war / diplomatic gift

:cool:

(or at least 100 FP like the best relic)

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
I hope the best shard will be 200 FP
like the best spoils of war / diplomatic gift

:cool:

(or at least 100 FP like the best relic)
I would like to hope for even more as best (who doesn't?). But since this will be the latest age GB it should be more comparable to spoils of war/diplomatic gifts, than the relics, in my opinion. If this theory holds any truth at all. But better to not have high hopes at all to avoid getting disappointed.