• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
For now no changes to the Flying Island have been planned.
Going forward this will also be depending on the feedback we receive on live markets about this Great Building.
Recent forwarded feedback from the Beta is that rewards aren't great (which have been altered) and the low spawn chance.
Great Buildings are not designed to be 'overpowered' or great but to fit in a certain playstyle.
Unfortunately not all Great Buildings will be to your personal liking or will benefit your playstyle.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Great Buildings are not designed to be 'overpowered' or great but to fit in a certain playstyle.
Can you say it again, without laughing and without thinking about the Arc, Frontenac, and Alacatraz?

What style of play corresponds to the floating island?
Has a player in the last age, without any GB to up and who likes aesthetics?
Or to the addicts for Notre-Dame and the lotus?

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Can you say it again, without laughing and without thinking about the Arc, Frontenac, and Alacatraz?
To be fair Great Buildings originally had a lvl 10 cap. If it had only been removed for particular Great Buildings it’d be a lot easier to introduce new Great Buildings without them overpowering whatever they’re introduced into. Arc I can see as having been necessary to allow growth of FPs at a rate that won’t take forever to reach end game. Probably could have been capped and still served its purpose, but too late for that now

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
To be fair Great Buildings originally had a lvl 10 cap. If it had only been removed for particular Great Buildings it’d be a lot easier to introduce new Great Buildings without them overpowering whatever they’re introduced into. Arc I can see as having been necessary to allow growth of FPs at a rate that won’t take forever to reach end game. Probably could have been capped and still served its purpose, but too late for that now

The cap was gone long before Arc. And things were better balanced before Arc (and for a while after it until the masses caught on). So no, I wouldn't say Arc was necessary.

Decisions as to what you took past 10 meant more when the costs were already increasing. Were you going to be a quester with a chateau past 10 or a GvG behemoth with a traz past 10. Or maybe you were going to pay what at the time was a ludicrous amount of FP to try and get your boost up higher (which there weren't event buildings for either)?

Now it's more like "decisions what you take past 60/80/100" and that feels much less meaningful.

I don't blame them for not wanting to make another game-breaking GB. But I would like GBs to feel unique and beneficial to a playstyle. I can't imagine a playstyle that you can ascribe to the Flying Island - it just gives a hodge-podge of stuff. And doesn't require any particular play to gather it (you just need a settlement running - not even to really be playing it).

Re removing the 1 troop reward, I've updated my excel to see what improvement this makes (the FP per day is improved since there's less options in the common shards)
I added a couple columns so for this paste, I've removed the chance columns that everything's based on, so that it fits.

The FP ROI Days is how many days rewards would need to be collected for, to get back the FP it costs to level the GB. (Spare the 'FP isn't everything' responses please, I know, I'm just providing data to put the overall rewards in to perspective - FP can be discounted unless you want to invest 5 1/2 years in to the future in order to receive the goods and troops now)

LevelFP/dayFP/day AztecGoods/dayGoods/day VikingTroops/dayCost with 1.9 locksFP ROI days
6930​
761​
9289​
958​
10721​
1059​
11398​
1102​
19438​
1431​
22609​
1431​
34723​
1614​
48007​
1992​

Emberguard

Emperor
So no, I wouldn't say Arc was necessary.
While I agree with everything else in your post, I think you missed the point I was trying to make about the Arc being necessary. A cap on the Arc would have been a good thing, but the game did need something that would reduce the time taken to get from stone age through to the current last age if the game was going to keep getting new Era's added onto it. Otherwise you'd never get new players to reach the end of the game. Arc achieved this

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
While I agree with everything else in your post, I think you missed the point I was trying to make about the Arc being necessary. A cap on the Arc would have been a good thing, but the game did need something that would reduce the time taken to get from stone age through to the current last age if the game was going to keep getting new Era's added onto it. Otherwise you'd never get new players to reach the end of the game. Arc achieved this

Eh? You don't need an Arc for that. Powercreeping event buildings achieved that. Arc is only really for the great building game.

CrashBoom

Legend
Eh? You don't need an Arc for that. Powercreeping event buildings achieved that. Arc is only really for the great building game.
f2p finishing the events normally is already enough

I started my latest city in live 557 days ago (info from achievement) and already in mars age

the only thing preventing me from being in SAV already is that InnoGames wants me to not being faster
in other words: the slow way of getting special goods
in AF waited for Prom. in OF waited for Ori, in SAM I am now waiting for ore
(in the waiting time I put my FP in my GBs)

and no I don't want to build Space Carrier there (I only build GB I produce goods on my own. don't want to buy goods elsewhere)
but not having an Arc there sure didn't have influence on where I am in tech tree

and btw
the Arc (boost) is capped
100% at level 180 :p

Owl II

Emperor
At one time, we had a long and stormy discussion about whether Arc (and GB in general) was needed for the rapid advancement in the technology tree. Now I would say that Arc helps. But it is optional. Rather, it provides the quality of the game as a whole while you go through the ages. This can be compared to having a business. You'll live to be old anyway. But having a good business will provide you with a quality of life.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
When the exploration of carbon is finished, notification appears on the panel. Previously, clicking on the map icon took you to the part where the exploration was completed. It always moves to the first (left) part now. Is it possible to return everything to the way it was before?:)

Dessire

Regent
Re removing the 1 troop reward, I've updated my excel to see what improvement this makes (the FP per day is improved since there's less options in the common shards)
I added a couple columns so for this paste, I've removed the chance columns that everything's based on, so that it fits.

The FP ROI Days is how many days rewards would need to be collected for, to get back the FP it costs to level the GB. (Spare the 'FP isn't everything' responses please, I know, I'm just providing data to put the overall rewards in to perspective - FP can be discounted unless you want to invest 5 1/2 years in to the future in order to receive the goods and troops now)

LevelFP/dayFP/day AztecGoods/dayGoods/day VikingTroops/dayCost with 1.9 locksFP ROI days
6930​
761​
9289​
958​
10721​
1059​
11398​
1102​
19438​
1431​
22609​
1431​
34723​
1614​
48007​
1992​
please, delete ROI, never think about ROI when you are leveling up a great building! what you must worry about is about the time you need to have it at 80, for example, as soon as possible. it is not the same level up a GB to level 80 which cost 100K FPs in 1 year to level it up in 1 month! As soon as you reach to your goal, the more you will earn better rewards compared to other players.

best example, a player who produces 500 FPs per day will needs like 50 days to level up cape at level 80, while a player who produces 1000 FPs per day only needs 25 days. from the day 25 to the day 50, the second player would have produced 80x25 = 2000 FPS while the first player 40+41+42+43. . .79+80.
the soon you produce more, the faster you can level up other GBuildings or progress with your other goals. . .it doesn't matter if you produce 1M of FPS per day and spend 5M on a GBuilding if you can have it at 80 in 5 days . . .