• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
The new age is here and we would love to hear your opinion on it!
On Monday 8th March the new era Space Age Venus will be introduced on the Beta market.
You can read all about it here.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What's the nature of shard rewards from the GB? Are they things to help your settlement along or things to help your main city along?

What's the stats on units? (particularly range). They can't be worse than ab - and it looks like most of them have range at least (maybe not the steel fist?) - but it's hard to give them too much thought without more particulars.

Looking forward to it. I am curious about units. At first glance I am not impressed by any of them except artilery, that one looks promising. But we will see.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
What's the stats on units? (particularly range). They can't be worse than ab - and it looks like most of them have range at least (maybe not the steel fist?) - but it's hard to give them too much thought without more particulars.

For the moment it seems Power Dragon Long Ranged (Artillery) - Ignores most defensive skills and terrain with a Power Shot skill, it is something like Rail Gun from FE but this time without the limitation of every 2 rounds for shot. so 8 artilerries in SAV should be like 8 nailstorms from SaaB, killing everything.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Looking forward to it. I am curious about units. At first glance I am not impressed by any of them. But we will see.

Assuming things are "normal" for their types:

The Fast (Energy Cannon) should get to move first and win against any defense with comparable stats... Though not necessarily in an ideal manner. Only way this is not going to be the case is
- if something has higher initiative than it - like say the light can get to hiding before the fast moves
- or if it has movement/range limitations that make it something closer to a hover hammer than a sentinel. if this is the case then everything's still on the table.
If it is the case, on offense rogues can be used to make other units viable too (defending fasts shoot my rogues, then I hit back)

The Artillery (Power Dragon) is ideally suited for killing reactive armor heavies. It's like a railgun that gets to fire every turn. This also means the flying on the fast isn't terribly relevant (just a movement bonus)

If the Light (Observer) can get to broken ground before it gets murdered by energy cannons then the Ranged (Ghost Blaster) might be relevant to stop it (assuming there's a reason you wouldn't want to just do that with artillery). Otherwise they're both pretty much blah units.

The Heavy (Steel Fist) seems likely to just be bad. Reactive armor's nice - but being a "fist" the best we can hope for is likely a Shredder upgrade; not a generally usable unit.

Decent chance everything other than the energy cannon falls into "well you could use them in places, but don't have to".

That is certainly a beautiful great building, but I wonder how much of a pain it will be to work around if you don't put it in the back row of your city. Or maybe that will be the spot to hide what you don't want seen by your neighbors.