Space Age Mars

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Julian24, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Darrth Eugene Vader

Darrth Eugene Vader Tsar

• No placeholder file found yet, it may be hidden somewhere, or not drafted yet.
    • I imagine Mars Ore similar to Prometheium, not to Coins / supplies.
    • 3 Waves Battles? Hope for better units than some of the VF if they must survive 2 waves and still face a 3rd army. What to face as enemies on Mars?
      • Big brains, bulb eyed, low stature, green or gray skinned aliens?
      • Octopus looking aliens?
      • Four arms fierce green warriors with large tusks in their mouths?

2. drakenridder

drakenridder Monarch

Walkers from War of the Worlds, we are invading the home planet of the alliens
    of that movie ;)

3. Markus Stormrider

Markus Stormrider Second Lieutenant

most likely we'll face something like the CEO enemy we encountered in arctic future, who fled from our planet out of bitterness, and uses his vast wealth to start his own new empire there, and hell maybe we'll finally see ragu silvertongue resurface as well, who was exiled after colonial age (and perhaps still lives). in any case, it will prob be other colonist factions we'll fight, and not aliens (yet) :p

oh and what about siren? i expected her in virtual future, but she wasn't there :p

Emberguard and gooflab like this.
  4. hiep lin

hiep lin Sergeant

a resource is like promethium, produced in the port (rocket?)

5. Markus Stormrider

Markus Stormrider Second Lieutenant

oh and can we please have a "total recall" vibe? i loved that movie (the original mars-based one ofc, NOT the crappy remake from 2012 :p)

betathunderclap likes this.
  6. Akito11

Akito11 Corporal

Why? you ask why? it's simple, FoE is based on reality, do we colonize the Moon? no, have we started to colonize the Mars? yes, Musk these days was working on the Raptor engine for the starship going to mars, also it's a year and 2 or 3 days since Musk launched the first test for Mars. So, it's obv that there has to be first a Space Age Mars and then others. Obv following Musk others are starting to take interest in Mars.

7. drakenridder

drakenridder Monarch

My post was sarcasm :D yet I would be more than happy to see the return
    of Ragu Silvertongue

Darrth Eugene Vader likes this.
  8. Darrth Eugene Vader

Darrth Eugene Vader Tsar

Then we will need units with a biological weapons skill to defeat them with common flu, chicken pox or other viruses. Antrax?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. Darrth Eugene Vader

Darrth Eugene Vader Tsar

I too was expecting to see his face back already a few eras ago.

10. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Sergeant

We would have had a colony on the moon, but funding was a big problem. As was public interest. In fact there was going to be an initiative in which a lunar base was going to be constructed starting this year, but that fell through.

11. betathunderclap

betathunderclap Master Corporal

Because Builiding a spacestation is harder than plunking things down on a 2d map for the inno coders

12. betathunderclap

betathunderclap Master Corporal

13. Nabucodonosor

Nabucodonosor Second Lieutenant

14. Lizif

Lizif Major

Im pretty excited about this new part of the game, did anyone search for tekst files?

15. Airstrike

Airstrike Master Corporal

Weird, many buildings looks like existing ones, like the townhalls, the guillotine, the huts, mad doc laboratory exept for the flames of course. Perhaps the Earth will be burned and humanity will have to reach Mars to survive?

16. firstomega

firstomega Warrant Officer

Not really, that are only placeholders which will be replaced later by Inno.

17. Prano

Prano Sergeant

no other news

18. Airstrike

Airstrike Master Corporal

Oh I see, thanks Firstomega

19. Julian24

Julian24 Lieutenant

Now, we got some new images for the campaign. And yes, they are no placeholders. :)

20. Lizif

Lizif Major

That part do not sound good :-/
    Sounds like its viking settlement in some way
    So no harvest to be done there after leaving the colony, so all u do in the colony is just getting stuff so u can move on and rebuild somewhere else.
    I was hoping for some mars mining that u could do and fill your stock with something usable (usable in other ways than just moving on)

But its still sounds good overall.