• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

Aerendil

Squire
When is the best time to enter jupiter age for the guild ?
Or do cost for GBG buildings change if members change the era after GBG start?

thelegend88

Squire
They made it so that you either have to wait for 3 extra days until after GBG starts or if you advance on Monday when it's released you will probably hold your guild back in GBG if SAJ goods will be required. Thanks Inno for that...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

You do have 3 days to build up a little treasury - so changing right on monday isn't necessarily horrible. Especially if after you step up you run some extra levels on treasury great buildings for bonus collections.

But if you wait for it to start and move up, it will continue to count you as Venus for building costs so you can use the treasury you do have and have 2 whole weeks to build up jupiter. You'll also be fighting against Venus troops for those 2 weeks - which since it'll take time to research to and build up a stable of Jupiter troops might be an advantage.

I'd ask your guild what the plan is primarily though.

thelegend88

Squire
You do have 3 days to build up a little treasury - so changing right on monday isn't necessarily horrible. Especially if after you step up you run some extra levels on treasury great buildings for bonus collections.

But if you wait for it to start and move up, it will continue to count you as Venus for building costs so you can use the treasury you do have and have 2 whole weeks to build up jupiter. You'll also be fighting against Venus troops for those 2 weeks - which since it'll take time to research to and build up a stable of Jupiter troops might be an advantage.

How much treasury can one or two players build up in 3 days? Maybe 8-9k of each goods which can be consumed in less than two days of GBG... Some sectors might require 2k for one SC and if you need two SCs there that's 4k. Do that in the evening and you got whole 8k consumed

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How much treasury can one or two players build up in 3 days? Maybe 8-9k of each goods which can be consumed in less than two days of GBG... Some sectors might require 2k for one SC and if you need two SCs there that's 4k. Do that in the evening and you got whole 8k consumed

1) Which is why I suggested talking to the guild and making a coordinated plan.
2) If it's only 1 or 2 players that jump there won't be many sectors that will be unlucky like your worst case scenario - it could be played around.

I'd say 2,500 - 3,000 per day per player that ages up banked for three days before GBG begins then the same amount per day thereafter. Plus, depending on RQs and GBG battles, perhaps an additional 1-2K per day from donations.

KungQu

Farmer
Maybe I'm wrong, but if I remember right, required goods in gbg are changing during gbg only if there is a change within the guild, means if a member is leaving the guild or one is added during the season - otherwise a change of age for existing guild members during the gbg won't change the goods required.

Only if someone leaves that was present when GBG started. Then the goods needed for sector buildings are recalculated.

Aerendil

Squire
Are the building costs for GBG recalculated if no one is remaining in one era?
E.g. if everybody from venus changes to jupiter ...

That's what I thought, too. But look at our two-women-guild on Houndsmoor. I aged up on thursday to TE, but we still need CE goods for the buildings.
They must have changed something quite recently, because I know for a fact that it was different before.

The goods that buildings in GBG needs are only calculated at the start of GBG, or recalculated when someone leaves (or is kicked from) the guild

Aging up or joining does not affect it

If you have 1 member in FE and one in Venus (only, for example purposes)
GBG will only need FE and Venus goods
If the Venus person then ages up to Jupiter after it starts, it will still only need FE and Venus goods
If someone then joins the guild, it will still only need FE and Venus goods
If the FE person leaves, then it will recalculate, and it GBG will only need *jupiter* goods
If the person who joined after the start of the season then leaves during the season, it will not recalculate (I've tested this as a way for cycling goods so I'm 100% sure)

Finkadel

Marquis
I used google translate on the comments above and i read: panic , panic we are so greedy and are afraid that we can't do 1000 fights a day without attrition. :eek: :eek: :p :p
I would rather call it strategic planning, this game used to be about that for a long time, after all... But you have a point - now you can play it mindlessly clicking, to your liking.

Yekk

Viceroy
You do have 3 days to build up a little treasury - so changing right on Monday isn't necessarily horrible. Especially if after you step up you run some extra levels on treasury great buildings for bonus collections.

But if you wait for it to start and move up, it will continue to count you as Venus for building costs so you can use the treasury you do have and have 2 whole weeks to build up Jupiter. You'll also be fighting against Venus troops for those 2 weeks - which since it'll take time to research to and build up a stable of Jupiter troops might be an advantage.

At 3K an SC 3 extra days collection will not cover 11 days of GBG if a guild is active. There is no way to cover the goods. My GBG guild will wait on moving up. It is the smart move to make. Random chance makes any other action truly horrible. Next league after will be fully funded and not again hoping for random chance to have few SC's needing SaJM.

-Alin-

Emperor
Anyone has list of buildings to upgrade to new age :) TY

Found it...anything changed?

To answer further such questions)
Attack (SAV SAJM)
CHANGED:
Celtic Farmstead 35% 38%
The Charcoal Express 24% 26%
Winners' Plaza 14% 15%
Governors Villa 34% 35%

DIDN'T:
Speakers Corner 11% 11%
Carousel 8% 8%
Colossus 15% 15%
Fire Pagoda 12% 12%
Checkmate Square 11% 11%
The Appleton Cottage 13% 13%
House of the Wolf 15% 15%
Royal Marble Gateway 7% 7%
Pirate's Hideout 33% 33%
Jolie Canal 24% 24%
Great Wheel 26% 26%
Botanical Rotunda 10% 10%
Altar of Artemis 7% 7%
Abandoned Asylum 24% 24%
Pirate Guard Post 2% 2%
Piazza Clock Tower 9% 9%
Stage of Ages 19% 19%

Defense (SAV SAJM)
CHAGED:
Olympic Treasury 28% 30%
Carceres 18% 19%
Eagle Mountain 26/30% 26/31%
DIDN'T:
Druid Temple 28% 28%
Festive Canal 30% 30%
Wonder Wheel 32% 32%
Fiore Village 34% 34%

credits to @Devilsangel who put them on a list.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Apparently this is the blurb regarding our burning questions on why we keep getting copy and paste ages after SAM: (I copied this from the us server)

QUESTIONSANSWERS
Why is Space Age: Jupiter Moon so similar to the previous Space Ages?Space Age: Jupiter Moon continues the plot where players explore new corners of space with every Age. And while the mechanics do share similarities with the previous Ages, the look and the feel of the Ages are different every time.

However, with Ages, we always want to build something that provides a fitting backdrop for the core gameplay: where players can build a City, engage in social and PvP interactions, grow City productions, and its influence.

Indeed, it is important to note the incredible work that goes into Age design. We have gone from the cloud tops of Venus, with floating buildings, now to the watery depths of Jupiter Moon, with underwater animations — something we have not done before.

We fully recognize and respect your need for new mechanics in the game. To respond to it, we've been using Events to spice up your gameplay with new mini-games and reward buildings — Wildlife and Anniversary Events being the recent examples. In addition to this, we also work to introduce new features and quality of life improvements. And these are the primary outlets for building up the game mechanics, not necessarily the Ages themselves.

We don't know yet what the next Ages will look like, and we encourage you to give the Jupiter Moon a try, share your feedback, and participate in shaping Forge's future.

My feedback:
It's not important for us to note anything about a reskinned previous age. Sorry, not buying it. I don't doubt that effort goes into it and we all agree that the art department certainly sinks a ton of time and creativity into it and kudos on the underwater animations, but the only thing my city is getting out of the new age is the ability to reno a couple attack buildings and 10 new expansions. It's less than boring to build out yet another colony. :confused: So much research is wasted on developing this temporary colony... Don't get me wrong, love making goods off city... but there's nothing unique about it.

Back to development of the last few ages....post artwork it's literally tweak the stats of the previous age a bit and release. Even with "copy"/"paste" over-sights happen. For example, I discovered (and bug reported) today that the SAJM roads do not calculate into ranking points. Replace your Jupiter roads and you'll lose millions of ranking points. LOL. I'm confident that will be resolved shortly and in the big picture roads adding to ranking isn't the most important thing. (edit:turns out this is a cache/cookie issue. No idea how points in the leaderboard can be a cache thing, but sure enough, removed site data and then upgrading a road results in moving up in rank...)

PVP interactions? Unless you're talking about co-operating or fighting in GbG, please do not get me started...

Events are a sore spot for many of us and should not be done at the expense of an engaging new age.
1) While some of us like the diversion and the chance at a strong building in FP, attack, and/or other productions/buffs dredging through the repetitive quests gets "stale".
2) Those who want to focus on specific daily prizes feel penalized about calendars and vice-versa.
3) Some players absolutely dislike the animal event minigame (myself included) or absolutely dislike the St Patricks Day minigame. Some players like those games but don't want the event to require so much of doing those games over and over. Also two other events are basically the same thing - Archeology and Halloween. Fun the first time or two. Chore since then.
4) Many of us don't like how it's two weeks or less between events. We want some time to just play the game. New Ages deserve MORE attention than events in our opinion.
5) Random Number Generation runs the events especially in obtaining the daily specials. It's absurd when a guild all goes after the same daily special and one guild member gets 14, another obtains 6, and another gets 1. Granted we don't know how many diamonds might have been spent to get 14, but we like to believe when a guild member says they just burned through 4K of the event currency that's what they did.
Event buildings are exactly why most of us don't feel like we are ever in a new age as our cities do not change to reflect ages, they change to reflect events. Ages should update event buildings. I get it, though....that's a LOT of new artwork and I already said that it's not the only part that matters in a new age. :)

We do not need a new mechanic with each new age, but we should have multiple great buildings that suit different play styles. Many players put down the FI and many are already placing the AI Core. Neither suit my play style and are completely ignored by me. When I clarify for someone what the AI Core actually does they are opting to keep their FP for better things. Why only one GB? This question was not answered.

Last edited: