• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

bd81

Farmer
The whole age is seedy. 2 dimensional "space age future" fighting with weapons instead of diplomatic espionage. The hamster wheel continues unabated. You can go on autopilot now, collect your ~1400fp/day, level your largest buildings and have even less problems with AI. The acutal human gets bored with the complete lack of variability, problem solving or challenge since the game is designed to be one that a person with a severe headwound can win (so long as they have a Visa). The outcome and realization that the game itself if a Smaug like collection of treasure that is accumulated by a player over a few years you're more or less done - you just sit and click the same buttons hoping that you've spent enough that your place is relatively stable. Over time the repetition and the "march forward" grows your cities to lofty 100+ gbs which provide you the resources that the game designers deigned that you're forced to consume, even though those resources are cheaper the longer you play (or the more of them you buy) - that is the very definition of, "play to win".

In full disclosure, I spent a fortune playing this game because early on, by the hour, it' some of the cheapest forms of entertainment I've ever found. That said; where I spent X in 2019, I spend 30% less in 2020, I spend 8% of what i spent in 2019 and so far in 2022 Inno's got me for a whopping $40. What I used to spend to play this game I now put into fuel on my boat where I don't bother thinking about FOE or any of the hamster wheel pointless "goals" and complete lack of competition or enforcement of cheaters is even feigned to exist. Support global warming. Go burn some gas, catch some fish, get a tan and let Inno continue to run their game into the ground. Once you get to a certain level you can play FOE for less than 20 minutes a week and stay nearly unbeatable. There's no challenge or strategy here.... just a cash grab and a complete lack of new ideas they hope will hang on long enough for a private equity buy out or other successful exit.

Last edited:

JosefD

Merchant
That's what was said throughout this thread. I hope the people responsible at FoE for the game mechanics listened this time and we'll get something new for the next age (I suppose the time was too limited to make changes for this age after our criticism rolled in and before it was released to the live servers).

i noticed today that i have 6 more diamond expansions available all of a sudden, and my guildmates noticed the same. does this mean that this age actually gives us 12 diamond expansions now, or are these 6 extra some sort of "bonus" you get after finishing all the techs of jupiter moon? :p

-Alin-

Emperor
i noticed today that i have 6 more diamond expansions available all of a sudden, and my guildmates noticed the same. does this mean that this age actually gives us 12 diamond expansions now, or are these 6 extra some sort of "bonus" you get after finishing all the techs of jupiter moon? :p

No, are just 12 diamond expansions for SAJM, it was announced in a changelog.

Look this how they write the history...
"Humans found a new exotic gene on the Jupiter Moon. It laid there for the past million years. This gene could help humans to survive a more dangerous environment and could counter the problems with radiation in space.

Only problem: the genes do need to be tested, refined and adjusted. Because they are extremely vulnerable, now humans need to test them on the moon itself. Test subjects: first plants, then animals, then humans.

The gene in the beginning (during testing) adds bio-luminescent attributes.

Mankind has triumphed over energy, transportation and nourishment. However, cosmic rays and electromagnetic radiation hinders the exploration possibilities. The aquatic lifeforms have developed resistance to harsh cosmic waves and radiation in the form of a bioluminescent protective layer".

since in history it says that civilization triumphed in Energy (SAM), Transportation(SAAB) and nourishment (SAV) now we have extraterrestrial life and we are now stronger to solar radiation with the addition of bioluminescence (SAJM). How good would it be now that we have all this to make Titan a new satellite in which there is extraterrestrial life in abundance and make the mechanics totally new with space fights, video games, having a living colony and not just building a residence to have credits to use on the campaign map... Making a space event of the current era would already be an advance. launch of the new era and with an unlock on any technology of your choice Inno you unlock the titans event. No time to finish just putting an event as something special you know and intuitive without completing missions and that's it. What new eras need is to have at least one building that is EXCLUSIVE TO SPACE AGES ONLY and that works and surely a space event would be great what do you think? You unlock the colony and with some research later you unlock this era exclusive event. You don't have to run, but at the end of the event you would win an exclusive building only from the current era you are in. That would be so good. What space age players want is something that sets them apart from those in low ages and future ages. If you don't have something, everyone better restart the game and stay in the future because after the future the only thing that changes is having expansions and some attacks and defenses in some buildings. Thanks for reading this far.