• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Reported to Developers: Some buildings won't be motivated

Nick Banned

Merchant
Troubleshooting
Motivate with self aid kit
The day before yesterday I realized for the first time, that my Royal Bathhouse wasn't motivated, although there were a lot of entries in my Townhall log "there was nothing to motivate or polish". Today the same issue: Yggdrasil, Bathhouse and Shinto Temple weren't motivated/polished. And the same thing: Townhall log shows there were a lot of friends trying to motivate/polish - but there was nothing to do.

€1: Maybe interesting: Bathhouse, Shinto and Ygg were built before the upgrade of the settlement buildings.
The Mughal Temple I've build after the upgrade and it will be motivated as usual.

€2: Verified today. Royal Bathhouse, Shinto Temple and Yggdrasil were not motivated, although the Townhall log says there was nothing to motivate/polish. I've used self aid kit again.

Browser or App version and version number
PC, FF nightly 126.0a1 (2024-03-22) (64-Bit)
FoE 1.280.8d4b7b5e65 (21.03.2024 19:08)
Recreation steps
Wait until there were entries in the Townhall log like "xxx has aided you, but there was nothing to motivate or polish".
Look at the buildings if they were motivated.
Actual Behavior
The buildings show up unmotivated, at harvest you don't get the Bonus
Expected Behavior
Motivation star should be shown, Bonus should be granted
Frequency
After all "normal" buildings were polished/motivated
Can this be reproduced?
Yes
Last edited:

la girafe

Farmer
same thing here shinto temple is not motivated /sun temple yggdrasil also
chrome
version 1.280.8d4b7b5e65 (21.03.2024 19:08)

*edit : can be motivated with self-aid kit

Attachments

• Capture d’écran du 2024-03-23 14-33-29.png
    Capture d’écran du 2024-03-23 14-33-29.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture d’écran du 2024-03-23 14-33-59.png
    Capture d’écran du 2024-03-23 14-33-59.png
    591.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Matto1

Farmer
I couldn't find this bug report on live servers, but it is happening there as well. I play on US15 Parkog and I have this bug with my 2 settlement buildings. They were fine before the update on wednesday, but now everything else in my city is motivated and polished first, and then these two buildings are skipped entirely and I get the message that there's nothing left to motivate or polish.

Nick Banned

Merchant
Yes. I play @Houndsmoor.de too and it's the same problem like here.

Also the whacky jumping houses in the settlements - which are fixed @Dunarsund.

Brings me to the question, why we should reporting errors, if Inno deploys updates in any case? I really hope, at least the birthday event is complete fixed ... but I'm afraid it's not.

I have experienced this issue on both live servers and beta servers.
Self-Aid kits and having another player manually aid my settlement works.
In addition, I have tried to upgrade a settlement. The settlement upgraded, but it would still not be motivated by the Aid All actions.

I also used a Store building and put it into my inventory, then immediately rebuilt it. The settlement was then able to be motivated using the Aid all function by another player.

Sureshot

Farmer
4 characters on live servers. On 3 of them RB Ygg and Shiinto motivated daily, other one, not once since the upgrade. All buildings date back a few years. Strange glitch

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I have the same problem and was getting tired of using the self-aid kits...
• What indeed seems to help is to use a store building* on the buildings affected and then rebuild them.

* If this is indeed the only solution, it might be a nice gesture if we all received some free store buildings ;)

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Same thing happened to me on the live server. I do not think it is a bug. Will probably be told it is part of some rebalancing .
No, it is a bug, it has been reported and is still under investigation. Currently it is unclear how it happens, as only some players are affected, it fixes itself when storing and placing the building again and the parameters for those buildings are set correctly.

Nick Banned

Merchant
Seems to be fixed since yesterday. Strange, but thanks to the developers.
2024-04-11 08_49_45-Forge of Empires – Firefox Nightly.png

€:
This turns really weird now.
I have 4 buildings from settlements:
Yggdrasil (old) was motivated Tuesday 5:05 pm
Royal Bathhouse (old) was motivated Wednesday 5:32 pm
Mughals Temple (new) was motivated Tuesday 7:57 am
Shinto Temple (old) wasn't motivated until now

new = built after settlement buildings update
old = built before settlement buildings update

So, something is in progress (thanks again devs!) but it isn't completely fixed till now.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
No, it is a bug, it has been reported and is still under investigation. Currently it is unclear how it happens, as only some players are affected, it fixes itself when storing and placing the building again and the parameters for those buildings are set correctly.
After removing the roads connection required option in settlement buildings, it might be still considered as disconnected building. Clearly some code flows are not updated with new changes.

I tried to use them in the reconstruction mode for adjusting in the city, it showed as expansion icon instead of showing with building actual image in it.

Road connection will make this much impact/issue is interesting.

la girafe

Farmer
From what I've seen, the problem is only in the automatic help. Players who pass in the city to motivate see the buildings as motivable, and can motivate them (manually)

Pass Go

Squire
I have tried to manually motivate a RL friend/s Yggdrasil .. we were on the phone at the time, he said it was not motivated, I tried, but got the message Unable to Motivate
If we have to store and rebuild, Inno really should give everyone a Store kit

Nick Banned

Merchant
Since one month it is reported ... when it will be fixed? Will it be fixed? Slowly I'm running out on self aid kits.
Just kidding, there are 150 single-self-aids left. But I've spended around 30 days * 3 about 90 kits now. Will you leave us alone with this bug?

Matto1

Farmer
Inno claims this was fixed in the latest update, but it was not. Same problem still exists, multiple people reporting it's not fixed on discord. Inno 'support rep' (what a joke) refuses to give store buildings to affected players, which would have fixed this a MONTH ago.

Nick Banned

Merchant
use storage kit and not aid kits, then problem fixed
I would do, if Inno says this is your solution.
But every day I motivate with a kit because I think, maybe Inno needs a reproducable source for investigation. I'm sorry, but I'm a developer too and I know very good, if you can't reproduce an error on your own system, you'll be very glad if you have a system were you can reproduce the failure at every time.