• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

SOK 2.0

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I don’t get the problem with happiness. Playing the game and leveling you GBs on a normal way you should get a lot of excessive happiness. I have right now 286k on my main city.
Honestly speaking I don’t care happiness or population a since Alcatraz and innovation tower are over level 60...
Truly, neither do I. But in terms of game balance, it is better to equal out the massive population/happiness problem in terms of event buildings.

qaccy

Emperor
@sirsmithy Happiness gets to be an issue as you get more and more high-era event buildings. GBs work to a point, but we haven't had one that increases happiness since the Gaea Statue (and who levels that?). Alcatraz is the 'strongest' one commonly levelled up and it's a Progressive Era building. It does provide a decent amount of happiness, but there are now nine ages above Progressive and its efficiency is way behind what these buildings are able to provide. GBs don't age up like event prizes do; so while population bonuses from event prizes continue to increase as a player's age does, the scaling of these older GBs simply cannot keep up. Especially since happiness on GBs has diminishing returns, where each level adds less happiness than the previous one.

SirSmithy

Squire
@sirsmithy Happiness gets to be an issue as you get more and more high-era event buildings. GBs work to a point, but we haven't had one that increases happiness since the Gaea Statue (and who levels that?). Alcatraz is the 'strongest' one commonly levelled up and it's a Progressive Era building. It does provide a decent amount of happiness, but there are now nine ages above Progressive and its efficiency is way behind what these buildings are able to provide. GBs don't age up like event prizes do; so while population bonuses from event prizes continue to increase as a player's age does, the scaling of these older GBs simply cannot keep up. Especially since happiness on GBs has diminishing returns, where each level adds less happiness than the previous one.
Don’t you level your Hagia for FP for example? This provides you happiness as well. Beside roads are providing happiness as well.
i have only two “useless” happiness GBs. Lotus and Atomium (just for fun). But they provide only 50k from the 268k. I have 0 (zero) cultural building with only happiness.
The balance is btw a long time gone. Since there is no hard cap on the GB lvl you can compensate every single aspect in the game.

qaccy

Emperor
@sirsmithy I've got 368k happiness with 0 cultural buildings. However, as I said, that's not enough to keep up with a glut of event prizes that provide population. For example, the Crow's Nest provides up to 14,910 population in SAM. That requires 20,874 happiness to balance out, or in GB terms a level 105 Hagia or level 34 Alcatraz. Far more achievable with the Alcatraz, but consider that this is just to balance out ONE building and you can only build a GB once. What if someone has two or more Crow's Nests? How about a whole bunch of Dark Doorways and Ships as well? I have a total of 265,077 population and about two-thirds of that is from event buildings.

You essentially did nothing but say that you haven't acquired enough event buildings yet to have a problem with happiness, because I have more happiness than you do and still have to rely on the tavern bonus to maintain enthusiasm because of how lopsided event buildings currently are.

SirSmithy

Squire
@sirsmithy I've got 368k happiness with 0 cultural buildings. However, as I said, that's not enough to keep up with a glut of event prizes that provide population. For example, the Crow's Nest provides up to 14,910 population in SAM. That requires 20,874 happiness to balance out, or in GB terms a level 105 Hagia or level 34 Alcatraz. Far more achievable with the Alcatraz, but consider that this is just to balance out ONE building and you can only build a GB once. What if someone has two or more Crow's Nests? How about a whole bunch of Dark Doorways and Ships as well? I have a total of 265,077 population and about two-thirds of that is from event buildings.

You essentially did nothing but say that you haven't acquired enough event buildings yet to have a problem with happiness, because I have more happiness than you do and still have to rely on the tavern bonus to maintain enthusiasm because of how lopsided event buildings currently are.
Dunno... I have 3 ships, 3 doorways, crows nest, all available event buildings since 2014... I agree, that my total population is only on 150k. but I have event buildings providing happiness with other goodies. Anyhow, you can find my live city, there’s not much SirSmithy players in the world. ;)
my own experience is that one can still balance the city with the tools Inno is providing. This is a strategy game, you have to know what is beneficial for you and what is not.
Anyhow, there are plenty of sources if you need either population or happiness.
I see in our guild, that players are expecting always the solution from an external help, instead of taking action from their own effort. Think, plan and execute. This will lead to success.

DeletedUser9733

And here it comes... let's see when and what it will bring:

R_SS_MultiAge_EasterBonus5b.png

Shrine of Knowledge Lvl 2

reward_icon_upgrade_kit_shrine_of_knowledge.png

Shrine of Knowledge Upgrade kit
Thanks for listening Inno team.

CrashBoom

Legend
let's wait and see what it brings

not 2 FP that would be overpowered

maybe 33% a 2nd FP 33% 5 goods and 33% medals
(50% or 66% later with 3rd level)

podkap1970

Emperor
if this SoK 2.0 gives not 2 FPs (minimum), than even more players will sell it to Dealer
SoK was best building after implemented, so a SoK 2.0 should be best again, and i think it will be hard to get those 2.0 Upgrades
if this Upgrade is Dealer only, than the prize will be 100k+ :)

Nessie

Baronet
Beelzebob introduced this topic but will there really be a SoK level2? If so, I'd only appreciate it if it gives 2 FP

kaymedic

Marquis
Beelzebob introduced this topic but will there really be a SoK level2? If so, I'd only appreciate it if it gives 2 FP

Would be a little weaker than greater runestone so i believe it will be 2FP and still be a decent building

Pafton

Viceroy
Beelzebob introduced this topic but will there really be a SoK level2?...
Well, just the assets have been added in the database. It is not a hard and fast rule that if anything's there in the database it HAS to be a part of the game (at least currently). We might see it in Forge Bowl next year, or maybe a couple of events later, but I do feel that we will have one in the coming year.

kaymedic

Marquis
my guess is we will see it in the new spring event. a celtish looking building for the irish inspired theme :)