• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

SOK 2.0

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
And here it comes... let's see when and what it will bring:

R_SS_MultiAge_EasterBonus5b.png

Shrine of Knowledge Lvl 2

reward_icon_upgrade_kit_shrine_of_knowledge.png

Shrine of Knowledge Upgrade kit

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ugghhh...how about instead of creating upgrades to old buildings that have been largely replaced, Inno focus on SA:C in particular creating GBs that aren't awful?

My guess (and sincere hope) is that there will be a SA:C GB that has the bonus of reduing GBG attrition.

Ugh I hope not. At least not significantly so (20% chance after powerleveling to not increase attrition per fight or the first 4 or 5 encounters don't increase attrition or something like that would be fine; but an amount that actually makes people happy is likely to gut what I'm hoping GBGs is - a resource sink (be that troops or goods)).

Regardless, you know they're always going to keep making new event buildings while they're doing the other stuff. And seeing as a 2 fp 2x2 is no longer particularly special, that's probably why the SoK level 2 is showing up now.

Emberguard

Emperor
Yeah considering guilds have the option to buy buildings in GBG to increase attrition it'd be silly to then have a GB that reduces attrition. Especially as GBs are a once off cost. The guild buildings would be a repeat cost and can't compete against a GB

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I have a feeling it will give more coins, and maybe 5 goods. I just don't see it giving 2 FP. That would completely unbalance the game. The current "standard" of FP buildings now (imo) is .33 FP/tile. Changing the SoK to .5 ..... that's way too powerful for an easy to get building.

Andi47

Overlord
I have a feeling it will give more coins, and maybe 5 goods. I just don't see it giving 2 FP. That would completely unbalance the game. The current "standard" of FP buildings now (imo) is .33 FP/tile. Changing the SoK to .5 ..... that's way too powerful for an easy to get building.

It will take quite some time until players have their citys full of Level-2-shrines; maybe just one or two (or three) in the beginning. Well.... except these crazy diamond players with citys, which did cost more than an upper-class car.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It will take quite some time until players have their citys full of Level-2-shrines; maybe just one or two (or three) in the beginning. Well.... except these crazy diamond players with citys, which did cost more than an upper-class car.
Even the regular player gets 6-10 daily specials per event. So after about three or four events I would have most of my soks upgraded...

Amdira

Baronet

Most of the whales meanwhile replaced SoKs with event buildings - so SoK 2.0 will have to be a real good deal to go back for them

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Maybe the SoK 2.0 no longer needs to be motivated?
That wouldn't be too bad tbh. Maybe it gives happiness and needs no motivation to produce FP. That would mean that it combats two of the pressing issues in the game - motivation of all buildings and needing more happiness to counteract event buildings.

Maybe.

SirSmithy

Squire
That wouldn't be too bad tbh. Maybe it gives happiness and needs no motivation to produce FP. That would mean that it combats two of the pressing issues in the game - motivation of all buildings and needing more happiness to counteract event buildings.

Maybe.
I don’t get the problem with happiness. Playing the game and leveling you GBs on a normal way you should get a lot of excessive happiness. I have right now 286k on my main city.
Honestly speaking I don’t care happiness or population a since Alcatraz and innovation tower are over level 60...