• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2021 Event

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Soon the Soccer Cup 2021 Event will start. Leave your questions and feedback here.
You can read all about the event here.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I like that last year's mechanics are returning, should be great for getting daily specials :)

Not a big fan of the main building, but not everything can be made for attackers. We got a great attack building from St Pat, a poor building for attackers from Spring, a great one from Archaeology, and now a bad one again. I don't mind alternating like this, a little bit to all playstyles :)

BritishBoy

Marquis
On many many previous announcements devs used to state about last year main event prizes as well as main prizes of previous events/ This time no mention about it? so @lordwasa could you or any other @InnoGames staff please clarify this moment. I am talking about Hippodrome selection kits and other usual football prizes (sometimes you mention not only last year main prize)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
On many many previous announcements devs used to state about last year main event prizes as well as main prizes of previous events/ This time no mention about it? so @lordwasa could you or any other @InnoGames staff please clarify this moment. I am talking about Hippodrome selection kits and other usual football prizes (sometimes you mention not only last year main prize)
You can see the track in one of the screenshots, and I imagine the other previous rewards will be available as well :)

-Alin-

Emperor
We know you've been waiting for this, so let's talk about this event's building reward! The new main reward is the "Athlon Abbey", an imposing 5x4 upgradable building with 10 levels! This building provides you with Happiness, Population and Coins on base level. Upon leveling it up, it will also deliver Supplies, Medals, Forge Points, Goods, as well as Defense and Attack boosts for your defending armies!

Defending army?
Trash!

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
This year the following selection kits can be won in Daily Prizes:
  • Hippodrome buildings
  • Altar garden
  • Tholos of idols
  • Divine
  • Winners Plaza
  • Colussus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Classical Garden
  • Pillar of heroes (only via the tournament feature)

chrisi3210

Steward
Only battleboost for the defending army? It seems to be a building only for beginners not for eliteplayers. They will complaint again. Like that was about the suishun mill.

Owl II

Emperor
Finally remove the city defense bonuses from the game. This is pointless in the current context, how not to understand? This would be usefull if the game had no other features than fighting with neighbors. Who needs def if it still breaks through? Who needs def if it's the most vile, boring, and completely obsolete element of the game? You've ruined the winter event. Now you've ruined the soccer event.

chrisi3210

Steward
The elitegamer have a lots of battleboost for the defending army and want more for the attacking army. That will be the point.

And daily special: the pillar of heroines ! That's my favourit building.

Last edited:

BritishBoy

Marquis
The elitegamer have a lots of battleboost for the defending army and want more for the attacking army. That will be the point.

And daily special: the pillar of heroines ! That's my favourit building.
I am top elite player in my main, used to be top-1 rated in all 4 categories (Rating, GB lvl, Medals, Guild positions) and I have 2 spear fighters as my city's defence last 6+ years. Y? Because def in this this game is TRASH 101.5% Just count amount of space which you gonna use for 3k% def and at least 500% att in def and than imagine what they can steal from your city when they break this hard def and how much you can produce from that def footprint :) So def in def and att in def is DEFINITELY not worth even 1 square footprint, imho. So main question is amount of FP's and goods on top lvl from new building. We shall see this soon.

ForgeS45

Farmer
Nice large image of the event building in the announcement.
Are there more available for other/ all buildings in the game?

Owl II

Emperor
I am top elite player in my main, used to be top-1 rated in all 4 categories (Rating, GB lvl, Medals, Guild positions) and I have 2 spear fighters as my city's defence last 6+ years. Y? Because def in this this game is TRASH 101.5% Just count amount of space which you gonna use for 3k% def and at least 500% att in def and than imagine what they can steal from your city when they break this hard def and how much you can produce from that def footprint :) So def in def and att in def is DEFINITELY not worth even 1 square footprint, imho. So main question is amount of FP's and goods on top lvl from new building. We shall see this soon.
I m not the top or elite player in my world. But I stopped carе about def the city as soon as I realized it was impossible to build defense in this game. Damn, I'm not even being attacked by anyone!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Any fighter manages, in GbG, to cross a defense with 2 waves of at least the double defensive bonus than his offensive bonus.
On average, players have 2-3 times more% attack than defense.
In view of these observations, it is futile to try to defend your city, especially since if you harvest on time, you have nothing to gain.

For% defenses to become attractive, it would require a major overhaul of the defense system.
By multiplying the defense values by 5, the fighting would already be more balanced and would offer a real choice in the management of his city.